SASS Wire Forum

Do NOT Posse with?

Warhorse

Honey,

You know I :wub: you! :wacko:;)

Remember, Forty Rod called me a Seriously Strange Girl. :o:P

Regards,

Allie Mo

Yeah, but you make up for it by being so damned cute! ;)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was match director for our Annual match, Guns of Autumn, I added the following line to the application: "Posse with / Oh My God put me with anyone BUT" (Circle one).

Standing request at 2 clubs I shoot at to "not posse with" a fellar. Also, a standing request everywhere to posse with Old Rattlesnake and to be on Smokin Iron's posse if he is running one. :P .

... Never posse with a woman that powders her hands and shadow shoots every scenario

... Never posse with a shooter that wears bed room slippers to the match feigning in bad health with bad feet

... Never posse with a shooter that detests tobacco smoke, shoots black powder and when screws up the scenario blames the tobacco smoke and then reaches for a nitro pill

In all these years of making posse list, this is the first time that I've received an offical "Don't posse with" request. I do know a couple of guys here in the west that are VERY difficult to place on any posse at any match. I've never actually requested to not be on a posse with any particular shooter, although I have ask not to possed with a particular group of shooters.

Snakebite

I have done it a couple times, because the person thinks he knows everything and tries to tell everbody how to do it or what they are doing wrong, and he will not do any work on the posses but shouts at others to do it. I founds out there are several members of his club that refuse to shoot with him period.

Hey, I know that guy!

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195

There may be a few who don't want to posse with me, and I wouldn't blame them. I HAVE to posse with myself

I've never done it, though sometimes feel that some clubs with their private posse, don't want me, or other shooters shooting with them. Rather then call them out, just keep everyone out. Always feel ill at ease at these clubs. My fun factor does go down. MT

I've never done it, though sometimes feel that some clubs with their private posse, don't want me, or other shooters shooting with them. Rather then call them out, just keep everyone out. Always feel ill at ease at these clubs. My fun factor does go down. MT

Then shoot somedangplace else.

Life's to short to have to play with AHs.

LG

We love it when you come up here and shoot Marshal, you and Blue Jean pull the weight of four cowboys between the two of ya!

Never have, never will. Doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer to avoid some folks. Recently shot a match out of town with such a fellow on my posse next to me in the shooting order no less. I was polite and joked around. Life is too short to be so petty you cannot shoot with certain folks.

As registrar for one annual, and making posse lists for another, I see 'do not posse with' requests far more than I care too. Some even go so far as to ask if Joe Blow is going to be at the match, and if so, cancel my entry request. That is fine with me, because I do not want these petty people around, throwing a wet blanket on the party. Leave your pettiness at the range entrance and come on in and have fun.

We love it when you come up here and shoot Marshal, you and Blue Jean pull the weight of four cowboys between the two of ya!

Thanks, that makes a person feel good. Sorry we won't make the match this year. BlueJeans sister is going to have surgery during that time. So we're going to help, also do some repairs and paint her house this year. MT

I used to ask be put on a possie with at least 6 folk I don't Know .................

I like to meet New friends ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Now I just let the chips fall where they may ...

After shooting this game 5 years a couple of Match directers confessed to me that they put me on the possie with "Hot shot" shooter and his Family to make sure they followed All the rules especialy those related to the Unloading and Loading table ....

I found most shooter were scared to call them on thier misses ,,,, Had three spotters call a stage Clean ,,,, I asked them if they were sure of the call ,,,, Yep they were .... We cleared three bullets out of the rifle barrel...... They were put on brass and reset detail fer a spell......

I know there are shooters that ask to be possied with me ,,,,,,,,,,,,, Never heard of anyone not wanting to shoot with me.

Jabez Cowboy

Fur sum dern reesun, I kepe endun up on my own dang posse,,,,

CPBC

An no I taint crazy, my Momma had me tested!

Beat me to it. :)

Seriously, I wonder why some clubs send entire close ranked posses to major matches. I want to meet new people every chance I get. I can shoot with the great pards in my own club every month.

Guest Kid Sopris, Regulator, #3290

I have witnessed Two "Black Badge" holders, World Champions, both request not to shoot with the each other on the same posse; Reason Given: Stress.

They did it at EOT and WR. Both friends of mine and I would have to take turns shooting on their possee's.

I did not put I want to posse with or do not want to posse with,at Texas State.I am happy just to get to shoot.There is one cowboy that shot at a shoot I was at, that had a fit and acted like a A.H.I don't think I would like to posse with him.He was using lot of cuss words with kids around.Was mad sat.and did not shoot sunday.I don't see how some people can act so bad when the game is so much fun.

I did not put I want to posse with or do not want to posse with,at Texas state.I am happy just to get to shoot.There is one cowboy that shot at a shoot I was at, that had a fit and acted like a A.H.I don't think I would like to posse with him.He was using lot of cuss words with kids around.Was mad sat.and did not shoot sunday.I don't see how some people can act so bad when the game is so much fun.

I really dislike being around those types. It is especially bothersome to me when there are kids around. I have to believe that they are just angry people in general, ones who are mad at the world.

I haven't been shooting enough to even begin thinking about not being on a posse with someone. I am still at the "gee-whiz this is new and different... and fun!" stage. I think people might not want to posse with someone like me who could be timed with a calendar, though

I really dislike being around those types. It is especially bothersome to me when there are kids around. I have to believe that they are just angry people in general, ones who are mad at the world.

I haven't been shooting enough to even begin thinking about not being on a posse with someone. I am still at the "gee-whiz this is new and different... and fun!" stage. I think people might not want to posse with someone like me who could be timed with a calendar, though

You can shoot with me any time. We all had to start somewhere...

There are some people that shoot at one of the ranges I shoot at. They don't work or help in any way, and they're a lot younger than I and don't have arthritic joints. They also are terrible spotters. No matter how many times they've been told, they just don't get it. So, I'd rather not be on their posse. You can't even guilt some people into helping. I've seen crippled up older women busting their butts picking up brass while these younger ones like to occupy a stool or B.S.

There are some people that shoot at one of the ranges I shoot at. They don't work or help in any way, and they're a lot younger than I and don't have arthritic joints. They also are terrible spotters. No matter how many times they've been told, they just don't get it. So, I'd rather not be on their posse. You can't even guilt some people into helping. I've seen crippled up older women busting their butts picking up brass while these younger ones like to occupy a stool or B.S.

Free Bird, if they won't help, let THEIR brass lay....

CPBC

Yeeeeeeeeppppppopp!!! And it's not as rare a thing as you might think. I have friends that have told me that if they get possied with certain individuals and the match directors won't move them to a different posse they flat will pack up and go home. And we are talking BIG matches even.

What's always fun and a chore for the registration people is when D asks to be on a posse with A, B, and C. B and C ask to posse with anyone except D. When D comes and asks why he isn't on the same posse as A, B, and C you really can't say it's because your "friends" don't want to shoot with you. :ph34r:

Yep...and THAT happens more than ya think! ;)

I can see lots of reasons to put in a "do not posse with request"...two vendors that are taking turns watching the tent...parents tag teaming the kidlette duty...competitors that would get to nervous or stressed if posse'd together...you shoot with the home town shooters all the time and you want to meet new people...ex's :mellow: ....AH's :ph34r: ...conflicts :unsure: ... We pay too much money to travel to match to be miserable for the whole weekend. You spend an aweful lot of time with your posse...you should at least enjoy it...especially since we're not winning any Cadilacs! :)

In 9 yrs of shooting, in 5 states, in about 250 matches - I have met 1 hombre I would drive 500 miles back home if I had to shoot with AGAIN.

I wouldn't shoot with me... can't blame others for not wanting to either.

Never have, never will. Doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer to avoid some folks. Recently shot a match out of town with such a fellow on my posse next to me in the shooting order no less. I was polite and joked around. Life is too short to be so petty you cannot shoot with certain folks.

As registrar for one annual, and making posse lists for another, I see 'do not posse with' requests far more than I care too. Some even go so far as to ask if Joe Blow is going to be at the match, and if so, cancel my entry request. That is fine with me, because I do not want these petty people around, throwing a wet blanket on the party. Leave your pettiness at the range entrance and come on in and have fun.

Why do you assume that their reasons are petty?

Believe it or not, there are sometimes good reason to not want to posse with others. Shooting CAS is a recreation...vacation...whatever. If one does not get along with someone else, why not make it best for both folks to have a more harmonious outting?

Then there are some folks that have done some pretty nasty things over the years to others. Believe it or not, some folks do not feel comfortable anywhere near these folks.

But then again...what do I know...

Phantom

There are lots of reasons people asked not to be posse'd up with individuals or groups.

My data bases for the state and regional both have an entry for Do Not Posse With.

Some are the shooters request and some are my suggestion for peace.

The fun starts when you assemble all of the posse with requests and a person requested to shoot with the two that don't want to shoot together.

Life happens and sometimes it is better, for all concerned, to identify individuals that don't see eye to eye or care for each others company.

Often seen in the posse with request section of a match application; No Gamers, no fast shooters, no one from their home state, nice people and no black powder shooters.

Archived