SASS Wire Forum

Do NOT Posse with?

Warhorse

OK, folks. I'm going to stick my neck out simply because I want to know. At least at present, I do not plan to try it.

Do any of you ever mark a "Posse with" blank with "Do NOT posse with ????" I am quite sure that such a thing would be rare but suspect that it does happen. I would like to think that no one among the Cowboy shooters would make himself so obnoxious that there would be those who would refuse to posse with him but it probably does occur. :huh:

How would you handle such a thing?

Warhorse

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've done it, on two occasions. was better for everyone...

CPBC

yes I've seen that request a couple times. didn't bother me any I figure with 80,000 members there has to be some personalities that just don't mesh. No reason to ask them to shoot with each other lots of other people. the only time its fun is when person 1 and 3 want to shoot with person 2 but don't want to shoot with each other and yes I've seen that also.

RRR, is thit wize weve nevur shot tugethur? :o

CPBC :P

Seen it and have done it for the reasons listed above. Personalty conflict that makes it better for both of us.

No I really always kinda liked you! IN MY MOST MANLY VOICE!

RRR

Yea, RRR.....And he dresses so purdee.......I happen to know that CC is dern nice to have on posse in the rain when he has the fold out canopy, very nice to put over loading table.

Is that why I'm usually on a posse all by my lonesome?? :blush:

There is a Husband/Wife that ask to be on different time schedules (one AM, one PM) so they can alternate taking care of their young ones.

I have seen someone ask to NOT Posse with anyone from their home state so they can shoot with new people.

There are lots of reasons why someone may not want to posse with someone else. It's not always about personalities.

Dogmeat Dad

Fur sum dern reesun, I kepe endun up on my own dang posse,,,,

CPBC

An no I taint crazy, my Momma had me tested!

When spending alot of money on travel, camping fees, shoot fees, etc, if I know a special person or persons are attending the same match, Hell yes I request to not shoot with certain people. Why would my wife and I want to shoot with folks I'd rather not spend time with? Besides they might not want to shoot with us. Done it many times, been requesting not to shoot with some folks for many years. Yes, there are several obnoxious shooters out there as in any activity.

LL'

Hi Warhorse,

I've even gone farther than that. I've written a Match Director to let me know if a certain individual would be at an annual match. If so, I asked him to send my money back. He thanked me for giving him a reason to deny that person's entry. Now that he's been banned in the area I shoot and part of another state, he is not a problem. I refuse to be around someone who threatened to beat me up and kill my husband. I refuse to shoot with a sociopath.

There was another individual I refused to shoot with. Once the person putting posses together misunderstood and put us together, taking it as a "please posse with." I told the MD that I was leaving. That got fixed too. He quit shooting CAS in a tiff over a rule change, so he's not a problem anymore either. He wasn't so bad that I would refuse to attend a match where he was.

There are several people I'd rather not shoot with; but, other than those two, I just persevere.

Regards,

Allie Mo

I always ask NOT to posse with Purdy Boy Cheyenne and Red River Ray. They is just too dress too sharp.

Ha, just kiddin' ya boys. It's really 'cause Purdy Boy uses a Marlin and Ray uses a SxS. Don't want to taint the cowboy way of using a '97.

I've done it. Have someone that shoots on the other side of the state that I used to work for. I hold a grudge.

CPK

I have done it just a few times. Not many.

One person that I listed. Things are OK now and I have shot with them many times after that.

There is another that I had moved off my posse (I was PM) asked them to move him or move

me.

I have talked with them after that. Just to not cause any problems with the range. But still don't

want to shoot with him.

BUT. Makes me wonder. Just how many times my name has been wrote down to NOT posse with. :huh:

I am sure there has been a few.

There are a couple of folks that I'd prefer not to shoot with. Nothing personal, and aside from actualy shooting the match we get along well. I just would rather preserve the amicable relationship we have, so we shouldn't be on the same posse.

Hi Warhorse,

I've even gone farther than that. I've written a Match Director to let me know if a certain individual would be at an annual match. If so, I asked him to send my money back. He thanked me for giving him a reason to deny that person's entry. Now that he's been banned in the area I shoot and part of another state, he is not a problem. I refuse to be around someone who threatened to beat me up and kill my husband. I refuse to shoot with a sociopath.

There was another individual I refused to shoot with. Once the person putting posses together misunderstood and put us together, taking it as a "please posse with." I told the MD that I was leaving. That got fixed too. He quit shooting CAS in a tiff over a rule change, so he's not a problem anymore either. He wasn't so bad that I would refuse to attend a match where he was.

There are several people I'd rather not shoot with; but, other than those two, I just persevere.

Regards,

Allie Mo

I'll take another bath, IF that would help........ :lol::P

L(un-stinky one)G

What's always fun and a chore for the registration people is when D asks to be on a posse with A, B, and C. B and C ask to posse with anyone except D. When D comes and asks why he isn't on the same posse as A, B, and C you really can't say it's because your "friends" don't want to shoot with you. :ph34r:

What's always fun and a chore for the registration people is when D asks to be on a posse with A, B, and C. B and C ask to posse with anyone except D. When D comes and asks why he isn't on the same posse as A, B, and C you really can't say it's because your "friends" don't want to shoot with you. :ph34r:

One reason I don't list anyone to posse with except my wife.

Just in case they don't want to shoot with me. Wife is stuck with me.

The longer you play this game, the more it'll happen.

Doesn't mean either folks are good/bad...just means that some folks have personalities that clash.

I've done it...and I'm sure that others have put me down in the "Do not posse with" column.

Cheers!

Phantom

Never done it. As far as I know no on e has ever request not to posse with me. Nor posse with me. I guess I'm neutral. ;)

Like Switzerland.

Mmmm.... cheeze....

I have seen this myself. Not only because of personality conflicts, but also like others stated, not wanting to posse with a certain someone in their class. I have seen traveling partners request not to shoot with one another for that reason. Really good friends that travel together and will share a room together, just prefer not to posse with one another. And there are some folks that just cant get along well. I will try to meet all the request when putting posse list together, not only for them, but for everyones best interest. Sometimes though, they just have to suck it up and make the best of it.

I have probably been on that list a time or two myself. I have requested not to shoot with a couple certain people myself in the past, simply because they made me nervous with their safety practices

I dawnt thank you gotta worry bout the voice thang Ray, why you is so uggerly thet I'll bet yo MaMa made you lay face down in the crib!!!! HAR HAR HAR HO HO HO Dang thet was a good one, I aint lost a step! UHHHH, by the way who was thet guy Ray?? <_<

I do that on every single entry form I send in. I ALWAYS ask not to be on the same posse as that Philly Slim character. I think I'm cursed though. Either that or the Match Directors just hate me that much because I get stuck with him every time. :angry:

A couple of times I got lucky and Mongo showed up instead. Those were fun days. :)

I have done it a couple times, because the person thinks he knows everything and tries to tell everbody how to do it or what they are doing wrong, and he will not do any work on the posses but shouts at others to do it. I founds out there are several members of his club that refuse to shoot with him period.

I do that on every single entry form I send in. I ALWAYS ask not to be on the same posse as that Philly Slim character. I think I'm cursed though. Either that or the Match Directors just hate me that much because I get stuck with him every time. :angry:

A couple of times I got lucky and Mongo showed up instead. Those were fun days. :)

No...Your reading Sour Kraut's entry about her be'n stuck with PS. :lol::lol:

BTW, I heard you are going to change your alias to "Philly Maybe Slim". So you could use the initials, "PMS". :P

:ph34r:

LG

I've put down 'good lookin and fun lovin' wimmins' in the posse with section, never been disappointed when I did that.

Can't think of anyone I'd ask not to be possied with, but imagine I might be on a list or three.

There is one or two that I will NOT shoot with...just solves any potential problems or worries that either my son or I will be RO'ed unfairly...plus I dont have to look at or listen to them.

There are a few that I should add to the list because of some obvious breaking of the rules that they try to slip by.....BUT...Sometimes I like to keep an eye on the rule breakers to see if the PM says anything or not because the rule bender/breaker is a TG or "just popular".

Never done it. As far as I know no on e has ever request not to posse with me. Nor posse with me. I guess I'm neutral. ;)

Like Switzerland.

Mmmm.... cheeze....

Bob...I see a lot of holes in your theory...

Archived