SASS Wire Forum

QUIT DEFENDING THE CONSTITUTION & BILL OF RIGHTS

Before you whig out.... follow me on this: SD Gov Mike Rounds is running for the Senate seat of Tim Johnson. Friday evening I listened to him here in Sturgis at the dinner put on by the Meade County Repulican Party. He of course is a staunch conservative in a state that is #1 in the USA by Forbes for balanced budget/ debt etc.

After he spoke I asked, "We conservatives continually 'DEFEND' the Constitution and watch as our rights under the Bill of Rights have been continually attacked, diminished and compromised. The attack on the 2nd Amendment by those on the left who are supported by Senator Johnson is a great example. All over the US from New York to Colorado state legislatures have enacted gun control laws that are clearly in violation of the Constitution yet we'll wait years for these to be slowly taken to the Supreme Court where they may or may not be overturned.

So my question is: Will you pledge this evening to make every effort to codify, support and campaign for a NATIONAL RIGHT TO CARRY law so that law abiding citizens who pass a background check and show proficiency aren't in jeopardy of being in violation of 52 or even 57 different state laws and thousands of local ones?

My thinking is that we're getting our asses kicked all over the USA while we "DEFEND" the Constitution.... it's time for thinking, law abiding Americans to begin ATTACKING the Constitution with sane legislation that empowers those of us protecting ourselves, our families and our property.

What say you?

Wishful thinking, GG. We're playing defense and on our defense there are 4 liberal judges. Waiting for every single state legistlature created brain fart to be referred to SCOTUS is going to be a marathon.

Time to quit playing defense and take a page out of civil rights activist playbook.

Wishful thinking, GG. We're playing defense and on our defense there are 4 liberal judges. Waiting for every single state legistlature created brain fart to be referred to SCOTUS is going to be a marathon.

Time to quit playing defense and take a page out of civil rights activist playbook.

OK - wishful thinking - sorry for being an optimist :unsure:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

"The constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." Patrick Henry

Before you whig out.... follow me on this: SD Gov Mike Rounds is running for the Senate seat of Tim Johnson. Friday evening I listened to him here in Sturgis at the dinner put on by the Meade County Repulican Party. He of course is a staunch conservative in a state that is #1 in the USA by Forbes for balanced budget/ debt etc.

After he spoke I asked, "We conservatives continually 'DEFEND' the Constitution and watch as our rights under the Bill of Rights have been continually attacked, diminished and compromised. The attack on the 2nd Amendment by those on the left who are supported by Senator Johnson is a great example. All over the US from New York to Colorado state legislatures have enacted gun control laws that are clearly in violation of the Constitution yet we'll wait years for these to be slowly taken to the Supreme Court where they may or may not be overturned.

So my question is: Will you pledge this evening to make every effort to codify, support and campaign for a NATIONAL RIGHT TO CARRY law so that law abiding citizens who pass a background check and show proficiency aren't in jeopardy of being in violation of 52 or even 57 different state laws and thousands of local ones?

My thinking is that we're getting our asses kicked all over the USA while we "DEFEND" the Constitution.... it's time for thinking, law abiding Americans to begin ATTACKING the Constitution with sane legislation that empowers those of us protecting ourselves, our families and our property.

What say you?

My Brother King I agree with you 100%. I have been saying that for at least 10 years, and everybody keeps telling me I am full of S***. We can not defend ourselves when we are on the ropes like we are.

My Brother King I agree with you 100%. I have been saying that for at least 10 years, and everybody keeps telling me I am full of S***. We can not defend ourselves when we are on the ropes like we are.

The best defense is offense ;) Nothing new.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

"The constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." Patrick Henry

yah butt

how is that working our for us????????????????????

not enough voters understand that Patrick Henry said and ment

Archived