SASS Wire Forum

Colorado sheriff refuses to enforce new CO gun laws...

Krazy Kajun

Saw this article on the web about the Weld County sheriff making a public statement that his department would not be enforcing the newly crafted CO gun restrictions....you can see it here.

Kajun

Most of our County Sheriffs are pretty independant people, especially the ones in the rural areas. The sheriff position is a party elected position and as most of these counties are pretty rural, they tend to be Republican. The cities are a different animal, especially big cities.

Too bad state politics are now controlled by the the large population areas....the big cities like Denver :angry:

Most of our County Sheriffs are pretty independant people, especially the ones in the rural areas. The sheriff position is a party elected position and as most of these counties are pretty rural, they tend to be Republican. The cities are a different animal, especially big cities.

Too bad state politics are now controlled by the the large population areas....the big cities like Denver :angry:

Sadly that is most states and big cities.

The same in New Mexico. The Sheriffs are elected and are the Chief Law Enforcement Officers in each County. If we ever get anti 2A laws in New Mexico, 30 of our 33 Counties would be considered "ban free" zones based on a recent meeting of the Sheriff's association.

Note the expressions on the sherffs' faces. These are tough Lawdawgs and I'm proud of em.

They have been very vocal in their oppostion to this legislation from the beginning. They undestand their constituents and know what's rght. Contrast these guys with the big city police chiefs that the libs parade in front of the cameras. They are Feinstein sycophants and political hacks.

Note the expressions on the sherffs' faces. These are tough Lawdawgs and I'm proud of em.

They have been very vocal in their oppostion to this legislation from the beginning. They undestand their constituents and know what's rght. Contrast these guys with the big city police chiefs that the libs parade in front of the cameras. They are Feinstein sycophants and political hacks.

"Determined" is the word that comes to mind looking at their miens. So does "forthright."

In your last line, shouldn't that be "FUBAR psychophants?" ;)

Terry Maketa the sheriff of El Paso county has the county behind him on what appears to be the same position.

The county commission voted not to enforce new anti gun laws. IIRC they said from Denver or Washington DC.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22436618/el-paso-county-passes-measure-support-second-amendment

Anybody know what the position of sheriffs in La Plata, Montezuma and Dolores Counties are? My travels frequently take me through those counties and I'd like to know. I won't shoot at Cortez again until I know.

Well, it's good to see a Sheriff with a 'pair'.

Our's is 110% WORTHLESS........

This Sheriff for Los Angles County, wouldn't even issue a CCW permit for the wife(my daughter)of an LEO.

Yup, he's just a 'dull-tool' and is not well liked by the folks who work for him.

LG

You think of New York and you think of New York City and Long Island. They are truly the tail wagging the dog. The area north of those urban areas is vast and mountainous, rural and conservative. 51 of the state's 62 counties have gone on record opposing Andrew Cuomo's gun control act, calling for repeal or revisions. None of that will likely happen because we are controlled by the heavily populated liberal megalopolises of New York and Albany.

Edit: And Done, yes, voted for Sheriff Cooke's decision.

Archived