SASS Wire Forum

'Tough Crowd' at Copperhead Joe's today

Widder, SASS #59054

I thought I would borrow that phrase from Rodney Dangerfield.

Anyhow, Slater (another GF) and I drove 2 1/2 hours to Ponderosa Pines today and a dern good time at Joe's.

Lots of familiar faces that I don't see often and everyone of them Pards was lookin to put a whoopin on your ole pard, Widder.

And a few of them succeeded but not without a good effort on my part.

Anyhow, ole Copperhead tried to trip up ole Widder with a split pistol stage. But I managed to be on the mark today and managed to shoot a respectable 'Duelist' stage and still get a good time.

Hospitality at its best is what you'll get at Ponderosa Pines.

..........Widder

And a hearty CONGRATS to you, Tom.

Finishing #1 and ahead of some real good desperados deserves recognition.

Vaq Jake was smokin. He might have to change his name to Big 'Vaq' Jake.

I get to see Boozy Creek shoot alot so his speed and efficiency didn't surprise me any. He's always running good.

And of course, Knob Creek Drover was right in the thick of things and did very well.

I would say that most of us are still trying to shake off the winter cobbwebbs and will be back in our game by April.

Thanks for a good match and good place to shoot, Joe.

..........Widder

Sure was a good shoot at the Crap Shoot at Ponderosa Pines. The weather held off and gave us a beautiful Saturday and 22 shooters out for the first match of the year.

I stayed over Saturday and was talked into shooting another match this morning. Lots of arm twisting going on dont you know. Anyway, there were 5 of us shooting and one spectator, we shot the match in a little under 1 1/2 hours. Five shooters, five stages. What a hoot.

Thanks Copperhead Joe for getting the year started right. Thanks to Boots and Rose for sharing their place with us again. See everyone soon, somewhere.

What a great weekend!! Burgers from Pat's, the always fabuluous fish fry, ten fun fast (for some) stages, and seein' a bunch of great folks that I don't get to see often enough.

This was the second week back shooting since my trip to the hospital and I'm even more encouraged than ever. Ponderosa Pines and the Highland Regulators is my home away from home. When I get there, I feel surrounded by my folks, and I know I'm wanted and welcome.

This was a great warmup for Black Gold Shootout in July and like I said last week, I feel sorry for anybody that ain't me!!

Thanks again to Bo and Joe and Miss Rose and Boots for giving us a place to play and stay and be with our family.

Ya'll should have seen Blackwater. He was running and jumping like a 10 year old. :D That "Back" Doctor done him good.

There is something special about Ponderosa Pines. The Hospitality is oozing out everywhere. Even an ole gramudg...uh? gramage....uh?... grouch like me feels welcome and wanted. I sat here for 15 minutes, started a sentence a dozen times, and I finally have given up. I don't know how to explain it. You just gotta get yourself to Joe's once, and you will experience it for yourself! Maybe, than you can put into words for me.

Mr. Boots (that's Joe's daddy) is celebrating his birthday on the April Shoot. If the "creek don't rise and the Lord is willing", I certainly will be there. And, you should be too.....that is if like having a good time and feeling part of something special.

KCD

Will I for one think the Crap Shoot rolled a big 7. I think a large time was had by all. And the weather even held, against all odds. Hope eveyone can make it back next month. And don't forget The Black Gold Shootout III in July voted The most fun match of the year. That is by at least one voter.

I guess we can say the season has started no more excuses!

Will I for one think the Crap Shoot rolled a big 7. I think a large time was had by all. And the weather even held, against all odds. Hope eveyone can make it back next month. And don't forget The Black Gold Shootout III in July voted The most fun match of the year. That is by at least one voter.

I guess we can say the season has started no more excuses!

And I did get that easy feeling that someone was drinking an adult beverage for me in my absence....thanks for looking out for me Joe and it'll be good shooting with you and Miss Bo at the GA shoot.

If'n yer into bluegrass music, the April shoot orta' be on yer agenda! There'll be more food, music, and fun shootin' than you might be able to stand!!

I'm aimin' ta' be there!!

If'n yer into bluegrass music, the April shoot orta' be on yer agenda! There'll be more food, music, and fun shootin' than you might be able to stand!!

I'm aimin' ta' be there!!

BD, I've shot with you before and I ain't NEVER seen you aim :lol:

Archived