SASS Wire Forum

Take your legislator to the range

Chantry

After watching and listening to testimony here in Connecticut and speaking
with a shooter who spoke to his legislator personally, I realized that many
legislators have little or no knowledge of firearms and sadly are forced to rely
on people with political agendas, such as anti-gun politicians or police chiefs,
to inform them.

Offer to take your legislator to the range. Offer to answer technical
questions and answer them honestly. Do your best to educate your legislator
about firearms.

Don't make it about politics, treat like you would if you were taking an
interest friend or co-worker to the range for the first time.

Wow, we posted pretty much the same thing at the same time. I have extended offers to Senators Issakson and Chambliss before.

Many elected officials have request for appearance links on their website.

I think more misunderstood than the guns themselves is the "gun" culture. Its far more than about guns.

LOL, yeah....I invite Feinstein, Boxer, Thompson, Evans, and/or Wesbro to the range!

Thanks, I needed that laugh today.

Actually, I've done the inviting in the past, got crickets for a response.

LOL, yeah....I invite Feinstein, Boxer, Thompson, Evans, and/or Wesbro to the range!

Thanks, I needed that laugh today.

Actually, I've done the inviting in the past, got crickets for a response.

I made the invite to my state level senator and rep.

I won't make the offer to the people "representing" me at the Federal level: Senators Dumb & Dumber (Blumenthal & Murphy) and Rep Larson. Waste of my time, won't give them a penny if I found it on the ground. I can only hope they caught doing something stupid and spend the rest of their lives in jail.

The whole notion to persuade the unpersuadable is not the objective, although I do think we need to have enough spine to personally confront them.

The fence sitters are the ones to target.

I figure a lot of folks are simply resigned to writing and calling rather than an informal face to face meeting.

Or rely on their NRA membership and say "I've done my part."

And I've heard objections because it would interfere with folks shooting, "retirement" or "free time."

Or this is a cowboy match not a political meeting.

Meanwhile folks object to organizing rallies for logistical reasons such as permits and port-a-potties.

Who the hell would have thunk it. The liberty of the country is at stake and port-a-potties are being debated. Unfreaking believable.

The whole notion to persuade the unpersuadable is not the objective, although I do think we need to have enough spine to personally confront them.

The fence sitters are the ones to target.

I figure a lot of folks are simply resigned to writing and calling rather than an informal face to face meeting.

Or rely on their NRA membership and say "I've done my part."

And I've heard objections because it would interfere with folks shooting, "retirement" or "free time."

Or this is a cowboy match not a political meeting.

Meanwhile folks object to organizing rallies for logistical reasons such as permits and port-a-potties.

Who the hell would have thunk it. The liberty of the country is at stake and port-a-potties are being debated. Unfreaking believable.

The objective is to change general opinion. Specifically those that have a vote to undermine our freedoms.

Whether are porta potties or not at a location is not really the point. The point is have you made contact in a way that may help the cause.

While some are more worried about where they will poop, the whole point is to change the poop in the minds of the those that oppose our cause.

invite any and all to the range

most folks do not understand that guns can be a fun hobby like cas, three gun etc, all they see is news showing badd-guys-with guns

bring neighbors, co-workers, local news persons, scouts, yer doctor etc

The "bottom line" is that there are some of us who will stand up for LIBERTY and fight for FREEDOM and there are many (too many) that are just going along for "the ride".

Archived