SASS Wire Forum

Something isn't quite right here.

Subdeacon Joe

I think I hear a click in her future.

Hopefully, her supervisor set her back for more training!!!!

I had a brief discussion with a local police lieutenant at the range one day. He was setting up to conduct a training class. I asked about the class and how many would be attending, and what they would cover. In the discussion it came out that today's police

officers are much more attuned to the computer than they are to the firearm. He mentioned that in general, my generation (very old) had much more experience with fire arms and shooting skills in our youth. Of course we didn't have computers to play with either. And I took that to be a very general term. Some youngsters are blessed with a mentor that will help them to learn about firearms in a safe and controlled way.

I got to thinking about that. My generation had a draft board that helped us get acquainted with firearms. When mandatory service fell out of favor with the anti war folks and the press, we went to an all volunteer military. Given that more young people want to get into a college than into the military, I still feel that a year or two of compulsory service would benefit a great number of them.

Sorry Badger, I just had a brain fart and tried to think on my own and which the media, I understand, believes passe'.

The media forgot how. I think you hit a home run on the photoshop idea though. Looks a bit phony to me, just like Al.

Tank I will buy a 30 round clip fer my Henry an put it in backasswards ! :P:lol::lol:

Sad thing is. It happens more than you think.

Cant tell you how many times I loaned my weapon(handgun)to an officer, as I was EOW, they are just starting their shift and forgot theirs at home....... :rolleyes:

I can truly say, that my 1911 saw more shifts than I did......... :lol:

LG

The clip on an AR platform won't go all the way in and function, but it will wedge in place and not fall out. If you have a shooter whose muscle memory doesn't "feel" the difference between this situation and a magazine that has been properly seated, it is entirely possible that the above-mentioned situation could happen.

Here's another one just taken last week of an SRT officer.

I don't know the legitimacy of the pic but its funny.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/raptor357r/image_zpsa97891d3.jpg

JEL

You can't jam a Magpul mag in like that but you can an issued aluminum mag.

Probably easier if your adrenaline level is way up.

It's legit.

If that's the case I wonder how its working out for him?? Not to we'll considering the Eotech can't be seen from the back side. Makes a nice bullseye for the guy shooting AT him though.

JEL

Archived