SASS Wire Forum

Team SASS Update: 14 March 2013

Colonel Dan, SASS #24025

A short update for this week.

I made contact with the leads at Ruger and NRA-ILA Grassroots Division. We had productive and
detailed discussions on how we could work together in defending our Second Amendment rights. We exchanged direct contact information and committed to keeping in touch as we ride this challenging trail together.

Glenn Caroline of the NRA provided me with several on-going programs to evaluate in order to determine where and how Team SASS could best fit in and be most effective. I’m in the process of doing that now. I intend to be somewhat selective at first so we can focus our efforts and make a
significant contribution in one or two areas rather than a mediocre contribution in many.

Matt Romeika of Ruger is focused on the “Protect your Rights” initiative. He’s impressed and very much appreciates the activity by Team SASS members using their web page designed to contact their representatives.

On the state level, Team SASS Colorado is actively contributing to the fight out there and by all accounts from Utah Bob and others, making themselves known and felt. The RMGO appears to be leading the way and Utah Bob has been in contact with them but there's no doubt, they have a huge mountain to climb.

Team SASS Florida, headed up by Santa Fe River Stan with John E Law acting as his right hand man, is now tied in with the Unified Sportsmen of Florida and assisting in distributing alerts and informational emails to over a thousand cowboys and LEOs in the State. The legislature is meeting for the next 50 days or so and there are multiple gun related bills that must be reviewed.

Team SASS New Mexico: Tex reports, "We may have a small amount of good news shortly here in New Mexico. The local legislation we've been tracking and lobbying against (HB77) has been languishing for the past few weeks … and the session ends this Saturday. Hopefully, it'll simply die. Tex

In order to keep this short, I’ve only mentioned three states but I’ve been following all reports from many states and Team SASS is definitely involved and making an impact.

Again, no miracles or quick fixes are possible. We’ve got to be dedicated to and engaged for the long term.

Keep the heat on high and never give up.

Soldier on…

Archived