SASS Wire Forum

New Winchester 1873

Two Gun Tuco

• 2 weeks later...

BEWARE!!! so I went to Buds Gun Shop, where I found the the listing for a Winchester 1873 and joined their VIP club ($25) just so I could order one. Well I ordered the rifle. HERE IS WHERE IS MESSED UP, I GOT A CONFIRMATION EMAIL AND JUST LOOKED IT OVER VERY QUICKLY "WE GOT YOUR ORDER WE WILL SHIP SOON" I THOUGHT GREAT, I CANT WAIT, HAD I BEEN MORE THROUGH WHEN I READ THE EMAIL I WOULD HAVE SEEN WHAT WAS ACTUALLY ORDERED WAS AN 1892 SHORT RIFLE.

I know what I saw and the listing was for the new rerelease of the Winchester 1873 in 357 Mag.

Fast forward today I open the box expecting my 1873 and its a Winchester 1892.

BUDS COMPLETELY DENIES THAT THEY EVER HAD A WINCHESTER 1873 LISTED REFUSES TO TAKE BACK RIFLE WITHOUT A 10% RESTOCK FEE AND PAY RETURN SHIPPING. IM ALSO OUT THE VIP MEMBERSHIP.

I CALLED SGT JOHN HE SAW THE SAME THING I DID AN 1873 WINCHESTER!! AND WHILE HIS WAS ON LAYAWAY, HIS TOO SOMEHOW GOT CHANGED TO A 1892 LUCKLY HE WAS ABLE TO CANCEL BEFORE IT SHIPPED. FOR THAT IM GLAD.

IM THROUGH WITH BUDS!!!! I KNOW WAHT I SAW AND I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A 1873 AND AN 1892!!!

I was going to order from Bud's awhile ago but read too many comments of this sort. Talked to my local gun shop, and he has been able to get me whatever I wanted at a slightly higher price than Bud's, but once you add the FFL fee I'd pay him to receive a gun from Bud's its almost the same price, within $10 or so, and I know he'll get me the right thing.

Looks like there is going to be a problem with supply on this one. I checked Gun Geine. All are listed as allocated. If someone was thinking of buying a 73 now, is this gun is worth the wait? Will it be that much better that the current 73s?

Archived