SASS Wire Forum

White Smoke

Smoken D

We got white smoke, new Pope :ph34r:

No disrespect intended to anyone's religion. YAWN!

This is more political than religious.

Did the seagull fly off when the smoke came out?

Maybe he can do someting about those soccer riots in Argentina.

Good news is the only daytime show I watch, The Price is Right, won't be interrupted again. :lol:

"Don't cry for me Argentina..."

Jorge Mario Bergoglio ~ Pope Francis

GG ~ :FlagAm:

His parents were Italian!!! Viva la Italia!!

;) Rye

[Yquote name=Rye Miles #13621" post="2616984" timestamp="1363221275]

His parents were Italian!!! Viva la Italia!!

;) Rye

Yes...he is the son of an Italian immigrant to Argentina. He also is the first Pope from the Western Hemisphere.

GG

Uno and I discussed the significance of his Pontification choice of Pope Francis, being as he's a Jesuit. I asked Uno to post his thoughts but he said he didn't want to get the Catholic community all worked up........ Maybe someone else will explain it. I'm not Catholic so it doesn't mean much to me......

Uno and I discussed the significance of his Pontification choice of Pope Francis, being as he's a Jesuit. I asked Uno to post his thoughts but he said he didn't want to get the Catholic community all worked up........ Maybe someone else will explain it. I'm not Catholic so it doesn't mean much to me......

He's right. We don't want to turn it into a religious discussion.

Best to keep it to a current events/sea bird on the chimney discussion.

Or fashion maybe.

Like how come when the Cardinals take off their fancy hats, they have another one underneath??

Well, I will not take it to religion, but as a lapsed Catholic who still greatly respects the foundational ethical values the church reinforced (with my parents, of course) I think it is a very good thing that a Jesuit has been selected. They have great integrity and warmth, as well. I expect integrity with this selection - we shall see.

Good luck to Uno and all our Catholic breatheren. The basic ethics and values of our Christian-Judeo "ethic" (and some others) have been the historic foundation of our society, and those values are worth preserving, IMHO.

Sorry if this crossed your line UB, I focus on the values. The smoke and birds are all good!

ἄξιος !

Jesuits are known for their education and intellectualism. And the founding of schools, colleges, universities, and, to a lesser extent hospitals. They receive a solid classical education, reasonably well versed in a number of areas as they can be call to serve anywhere at any time under almost any conditions (which is why they are sometimes referred to as "God's Marines"). Part of their training is "to conquer oneself and to regulate one's life in such a way that no decision is made under the influence of any inordinate attachment."

Obviously a quick thumbnail sketch of them, and overlooking some of the more controversial aspects in the history of the Society of Jesus.

He's a soccer fan who rode public transit from his personal apartment to the archdiocese offices every day, rather than staying in the cardinal's apartment.

If I were a Catholic priest, I'd be a Jesuit. From my observations, their two highest priorities are teaching and doing the works of Jesus.

I wish Pope Francis well.

Well, I will not take it to religion, but as a lapsed Catholic who still greatly respects the foundational ethical values the church reinforced (with my parents, of course) I think it is a very good thing that a Jesuit has been selected. They have great integrity and warmth, as well. I expect integrity with this selection - we shall see.

Good luck to Uno and all our Catholic breatheren. The basic ethics and values of our Christian-Judeo "ethic" (and some others) have been the historic foundation of our society, and those values are worth preserving, IMHO.

Sorry if this crossed your line UB, I focus on the values. The smoke and birds are all good!

It ain't my line. I couldn't care less. Its the Guide Line. ^_^

Well, when I saw the white smoke commen up, the birds had already left. All's well in Rome and the Roman World :)

I guess I just don't understand the need for all that celebration. All them folks in Rome acted like they just won the Super Bowl once the selection was made. I cringed & drank heavily when our "leader" was elected. <_<

True, but unlike our "leader," this one won't cost you anything unless you voluntarily "buy-in" to it all.

EC

(Jesuit educated, lapsed Catholic)

It ain't me, I don't want the job....I ain't catholic.

The big question is would you want to be a member of a religion that would have you as its leader?

If asked the same question I would say er ah um well NO!

Archived