SASS Wire Forum

anyone familiar with PL 87-297 signed by JFK? disturbing

Cheyenne Culpepper 32827

I googled PL 87-297 after a friend showed it to me,,,,,very disturbing,,,,,,especially in that it hasn't been thrown out....

CPBC

http://www.sweetliberty.org/issues/un/do.htm

Some of these old yet still present (if we can believe what is linked in the OP) need to be cleaned out along with a bunch of bad case law and ignorant/incompetent scotus work.

Not to mention presidential orders and bad law passed by congress.

Spring cleaning?

I followed the link to the site, every time I clicked on one of the links to the supposed law, I ended up on some page called FindLaw which is trying to sell something.

I followed the link to the site, every time I clicked on one of the links to the supposed law, I ended up on some page called FindLaw which is trying to sell something.

then just search pl 87-297 you'll have a choice..

cpbc

I read Allie's linked document and found NO reference to the things mentioned in the OP. It seems to be an order to allow negotiations on disarmament and the structure for the negotiations. A word search did not find United Nations, Soviet, Russian anywhere in the doc.

I read Allie's linked document and found NO reference to the things mentioned in the OP. It seems to be an order to allow negotiations on disarmament and the structure for the negotiations. A word search did not find United Nations, Soviet, Russian anywhere in the doc.

I agree. I have not had a chance to look at this in-depth (I also downloaded it directly from the government), but a cursory examination leads me to believe it is about disarmament and arms control as they relate to nuclear weapons, NOT personal firearms. If we consider the historical context, nuclear weapons were at the front of everyone's mind at the time, but if this law was really about private firearms, then the assassination of JFK would have given LBJ the perfect rationale for seizure of personal weapons.

I think bringing up laws like this for our fellow shooters to look at is a great idea. We're all understandably jittery about any law that is seemingly anti-gun, but we can also show that we are responsible citizens and look at things carefully before raising the general alarm.

I am not concerned. In my opinion this just distracts folks from the more immediate threat of our state and Federal legislatures.

Archived