SASS Wire Forum

Lead ammo ban in CA

Hasn't been assigned a number yet.

So far there's no language related to target shooting - hunting only. Much of the state is already classified as a "No Lead" zone for hunting.

They also want to ban lead sinkers for fishing too!

Make no mistake, this is important. If it makes it through in California, other states won't be far behind...

At present there is a LEAD BAN for all areas that Mr. & Mrs Condor live and it's been that way for about 18 months now. FACT: Several tests have been run by colleges and they have found that

the lead content ingested by the late Mr. & Mrs. Condor has come from automotive batteries and not

the lead from bullets, I think it listed over 90% batteries. I feel very strongly that the NRA has heard

this before. :angry:

Happy trails

QDG

Hasn't been assigned a number yet.

So far there's no language related to target shooting - hunting only. Much of the state is already classified as a "No Lead" zone for hunting.

The articles say that the revised, or was it amended, bill was read Monday. I'm wondering if they are already doing the "gut and amend" garbage to hide what they are doing?

What is really odd to me is that according to my Assemblyman (Chesbro), the deadline for new bills was 22 Feb. If this is indeed a new bill, then someone is playing fast and loose with the rules.

You mean like the rules New York followed when they past all those bills behind closed doors. They don't know what rules are unless it's one that we have to follow!

Posted Today, 08:18 AM

I just called the Hon. Mr. Rendon's Sacramento office. The bill is AB 711, http://www.leginfo.c...introduced.html

BILL NUMBER: AB 711    INTRODUCED    BILL TEXTINTRODUCED BY   Assembly Member Rendon                        FEBRUARY 21, 2013   An act to amend Section 3002 of the Fish and Game Code, relatingto fish and wildlife.    LEGISLATIVE COUNSEL'S DIGEST   AB 711, as introduced, Rendon. Fish and wildlife: methods oftaking.   Existing law makes it unlawful to shoot at a game bird or mammal,including a marine mammal, as defined, from a powerboat, sailboat,motor vehicle, or airplane.   This bill would make a nonsubstantive change to this provision.   Vote: majority. Appropriation: no. Fiscal committee: no.State-mandated local program: no.THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS:  SECTION 1.  Section 3002 of the Fish and Game Code is amended toread:   3002.  It is unlawful to shoot at  any   a game bird or mammal, including a marine mammal as defined inSection 4500, from a powerboat, sailboat, motor vehicle, or airplane.                                                               

According to the guy I talked with, since it has just gone to
committee the amendment introduced Monday (the deadline for amending
bills - supposedly), the language of the ban won't show up on Caleginfo
until it comes out of committee. And the bill title will likely not
reflect that it is now an ammo ban.

Not quite the gut and amend, but in the same spirit - to hide the
intent. He got kind of upset when I said it was like gut and amend and
that they were attempting to hide the true intent of it. He claimed it
was just "smoothing out the language."

All I can say is, work harder to throw them out. Of course we need to do the same here in Oklahoma, too. I don't think Congress or the states represent the wishes of the people any longer. And even if that is the wish of the people, that is the purpose of the Constitution in our republic: to keep Majority Rules from running roughshod over minorities. Either way, we have to fight back.

Archived