SASS Wire Forum

Someone buy us Colorado pards a drink or three or ten

Calico Mary

I suspect the NRA is picking and chosing its battles. They might have decided to budget their resources for states where they think they can make a difference. If the Colo Legislature ignored all pro gun evidence, why should the NRA waste time and resources on a lost cause? I'm guessing here of course, don' t blame you for being disappointed.

Who decides a cause is lost? If the NRA is only going to fight battles they can win,I fear for our future. Is that what made America great, picking the battles we might win?

Sometimes you have to engage in a desperate fight to ensure your survival, even though the odds may be against you.

I think we're in a desperate fight right now..

Colorado might be a domino state. How many dominoes is the NRA wiling to see fall? I hope we don't look back some day and asy "Yup, when we lost Colorado, it was all over (or Nevada, or Alabama, Or Texas....).

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who decides a cause is lost? If the NRA is only going to fight battles they can win,I fear for our future. Is that what made America great, picking the battles we might win?

Sometimes you have to engage in a desperate fight to ensure your survival, even though the odds may be against you.

Colorado might be a domino state. How many dominoes is the NRA wiling to see fall? I hope we don't look back some day and asy "Yup, when we lost Colorado, it was all over (or Nevada, or Alabama, Or Texas....).

Try and contact the NRA and find out. - maybe the Colorado situation was a fight they knew they would lose (I don't know). The NRA is dealing with ALOT right now from many other states too. With that said - I certainly understand the frustration... let us know what they say.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

You have a valid point. I think the NRA owes you and all Colorado members an explanation.

Gents, I've been singing the song Mr. Bob is singing, but about CA for years. And I kept hearing back from people the "gotta pick its battles" and "doesn't have the resources to waste on a lost cause like CA." Never mind that CA is a testing ground for this kind of garbage - try it here, refine it a bit, then send it out to other states and the US Congress. One of several reasons I periodically send 'em a "screw it" letter and let my membership lapse for a year. I'll give to Cal Rifle and Pistol, GOA, some other group that seems interested in action in CA.

Try and contact the NRA and find out. - maybe the Colorado situation was a fight they knew they would lose (I don't know). The NRA is dealing with ALOT right now from many other states too. With that said - I certainly understand the frustration... let us know what they say.

Done it. And get either, "We'll have someone contact you.....and by the way, we are asking for extra donations to cover (name cause/issue)...." at which point I hang up. Or I get the "We are fighting for your rights all across the country...blah...blah...blah." Well, sweety, MY rights are not on the line in TX or VA or GA. The ARE, and have been, under attack here in CA. It gets kind of lonely here on the front lines, and I'd rather spend my few bucks here in CA for our rights here in CA than spreading them out into states where this kind of BS doesn't have a chance of passing anyway.

Done it. And get either, "We'll have someone contact you.....and by the way, we are asking for extra donations to cover (name cause/issue)...." at which point I hang up. Or I get the "We are fighting for your rights all across the country...blah...blah...blah." Well, sweety, MY rights are not on the line in TX or VA or GA. The ARE, and have been, under attack here in CA. It gets kind of lonely here on the front lines, and I'd rather spend my few bucks here in CA for our rights here in CA than spreading them out into states where this kind of BS doesn't have a chance of passing anyway.

Do it again - and again - and again.... get a hold of a your state gun affiliations - sorry, but just getting a recording and accepting that at face value does nothing.

Gents, I've been singing the song Mr. Bob is singing, but about CA for years. And I kept hearing back from people the "gotta pick its battles" and "doesn't have the resources to waste on a lost cause like CA." Never mind that CA is a testing ground for this kind of garbage - try it here, refine it a bit, then send it out to other states and the US Congress. One of several reasons I periodically send 'em a "screw it" letter and let my membership lapse for a year. I'll give to Cal Rifle and Pistol, GOA, some other group that seems interested in action in CA.

Do what you feel you gotta do - I support BOTH the NRA and my local/state gun affiliates. Bitc&^% about it here on the Wire ain't gonna do anything.

http://www.friendsofnra.org/StateHome.aspx?sid=6&sc=CO

alot of folks are feeling the frustration - but 'chiding' the NRA is only going create a division amongst us - want that? - I don't.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_156/1453014_What_is_the_NRA_doing_to_fight_in_Colorado_.html&page=1&anc=bottom#bottom

Search for your local NRA affiliate:

http://www.nra.org/NRALocal.aspx

Do what you feel you gotta do - I support BOTH the NRA and my local/state gun affiliates. Bitc&^% about it here on the Wire ain't gonna do anything.

http://www.friendsofnra.org/StateHome.aspx?sid=6&sc=CO

alot of folks are feeling the frustration - but 'chiding' the NRA is only going create a division amongst us - want that? - I don't.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_156/1453014_What_is_the_NRA_doing_to_fight_in_Colorado_.html&page=1&anc=bottom#bottom

Search for your local NRA affiliate:

http://www.nra.org/NRALocal.aspx

Nope....but we have HAD that division for 10 or 20 years....all the snide comments about CA, and, if you don't like it, well move to a free state...etc. Yeah, division that we didn't create, unless asking for help and support from the NRA and at least some understanding and moral support from those in other states makes for division.

We here in CA have been jumping up and down screaming :"Look! If we don't get help and stop this crap HERE pretty soon all you guys are going to be seeing the same kind of crap in your states!" We've been screaming to the NRA for help. As Bob says, "Where is my NRA?" From here in CA it looks a lot like its been spending a lot of time Brassoing ammo and loading up bandoliers so it looks spiffy. Now, because of decades of "Well, it's only California, after all" attitudes, we are seeing "safe" states being subjected to the same type of crap we have been trying to fight. And we are hearing from them the same thing we have been saying, "Where is my NRA?"

It bills itself as being first and foremost in the fight for our RKBA, and all of the Bill of Rights for that matter, and yes, it does have a lot of good things going for it, but DAMMIT! if it's gonna fight for our rights, it needs to wade in where the fight is hottest, not hang back watching the smoke in the distance while watering the petunias.

ADDED:

I have worked closely with the local NRA rep and members councils, but the rep had pretty much the same frustrations as I have, and as Lumpy has expressed, and as Mr. Bob so eloquently put it, "Where is my NRA?" At some point there needs to be a good return on the investment, not just more "Well, we have to pass on that, we know we can't win, so why throw our limited resources at it....by the way, we could really use an extra donation from you."

Nope....but we have HAD that division for 10 or 20 years....all the snide comments about CA, and, if you don't like it, well move to a free state...etc. Yeah, division that we didn't create, unless asking for help and support from the NRA and at least some understanding and moral support from those in other states makes for division.

We here in CA have been jumping up and down screaming :"Look! If we don't get help and stop this crap HERE pretty soon all you guys are going to be seeing the same kind of crap in your states!" We've been screaming to the NRA for help. As Bob says, "Where is my NRA?" From here in CA it looks a lot like its been spending a lot of time Brassoing ammo and loading up bandoliers so it looks spiffy. Now, because of decades of "Well, it's only California, after all" attitudes, we are seeing "safe" states being subjected to the same type of crap we have been trying to fight. And we are hearing from them the same thing we have been saying, "Where is my NRA?"

It bills itself as being first and foremost in the fight for our RKBA, and all of the Bill of Rights for that matter, and yes, it does have a lot of good things going for it, but DAMMIT! if it's gonna fight for our rights, it needs to wade in where the fight is hottest, not hang back watching the smoke in the distance while watering the petunias.

ADDED:

I have worked closely with the local NRA rep and members councils, but the rep had pretty much the same frustrations as I have, and as Lumpy has expressed, and as Mr. Bob so eloquently put it, "Where is my NRA?" At some point there needs to be a good return on the investment, not just more "Well, we have to pass on that, we know we can't win, so why throw our limited resources at it....by the way, we could really use an extra donation from you."

Whatever - sounds like you need to complain to the NRA...bashing the NRA on the Wire ain;t gonna do much good except create division amongst us cowboys. I know well about California - born there in '68 ..lived there until '88 - moved back from Texas to Cali in '92 and left in 2002. have never bashed Cali, but it's politicians and firearm laws I have plenty. Have written my fair share of letters and faxes to my legislators - and still will when Cali pards ask us to do so.

Boys, I started this thread because I was depressed and upset and I was hoping I could get someone to do or say something to try and cheer me up.....NOT to start any fights or arguments......

Now ya all got me even more depressed and upset.....can we please just go back to the cyber drinking and leave the arguing for the Wire were it belongs???? :(:(:(

What makes you think I HAVEN'T been complaining to the NRA? I spent almost as much time contacting it as I did my elected representatives. And working registration tables at gun shows, brainstorming at members councils, doing what I can to get new members, and spending a hell of a lot of my own money on ammo to take people to the range and give them a taste of what the "gun community" is really like, not the Hollywood or Daily Kos version that they thought it was.

So, no, I don't just whine and moan here online. I've been standing in the muck in the trenches for a while now.

sarsaparilla sounds just fine, and thank you kindly!!

(I just don't like being the one responsible for you boys arguing, we don't need any barroom brawls startin' on account of me) ;)

Do it again - and again - and again.... get a hold of a your state gun affiliations - sorry, but just getting a recording and accepting that at face value does nothing.

Um...unless the recordings were able to chit-chat about weather, traffic, holiday preparations, I was always talking to real live people.

(I just don't like being the one responsible for you boys arguing, we don't need any barroom brawls startin' on account of me) ;)

Not arguing, just "spirited comradely discussion" and honing our skills and talking points.

Right, Gunner? ;)

What makes you think I HAVEN'T been complaining to the NRA? I spent almost as much time contacting it as I did my elected representatives. And working registration tables at gun shows, brainstorming at members councils, doing what I can to get new members, and spending a hell of a lot of my own money on ammo to take people to the range and give them a taste of what the "gun community" is really like, not the Hollywood or Daily Kos version that they thought it was.

So, no, I don't just whine and moan here online. I've been standing in the muck in the trenches for a while now.

We ALL are in the muck as Americans with the situation...and many of US are in the trenches and muck too. All I am saying is that complaining abot the NRA HERE on the Wire is only going to create more problems than solve issues.

That's all I'll input on this - my intent wasn't to bicker about the damn thing - my apologies to Calico Mary.

A little "spirited discussion" is fine, but I've seen a few other threads turn real nasty real quick lately, and I don't want this one to be one of them. Especially when I'd be the one stuck cleaning up after you boys if ya'll did start brawling! 'Sides, if ya break up all the tables, where's Bottles gonna put the drinks???

A little "spirited discussion" is fine, but I've seen a few other threads turn real nasty real quick lately, and I don't want this one to be one of them. Especially when I'd be the one stuck cleaning up after you boys if ya'll did start brawling! 'Sides, if ya break up all the tables, where's Bottles gonna put the drinks???

My spirit is deflated - no worries from this hombre breaking anything...will stay for a drink though.

When the day comes that I can't share my feelings about an important subject that affects thousands of us, that's the day I'm done with the SASS forum.

And what I'm doing is sharing my thoughts here. My "complaining" has been done directly to the NRA so don`t think I'm just pointlessly cyber ranting. I put my money where my mouth is believe me.

My initial statement was simply a question, "Where is my NRA?"

I still don't know.

Out.

Folks, in no way would I want to minimize your frustrations... but what you're looking at right now is what we on the left coast have been living with for years - plus, the perceived NRA "abandonment" is very much what we've been feeling about the Republican party for a loooong time....

We feel your pain! :(

Folks, in no way would I want to minimize your frustrations... but what you're looking at right now is what we on the left coast have been living with for years - plus, the perceived NRA "abandonment" is very much what we've been feeling about the Republican party for a loooong time....

+ a whole bunch.

I have lamented the lack of qualified and outspoken leadership for the gun community, for a long time.

I have learned a few things in the process.

1. For some reason nobody wants to come forward with a good answer to the anti gun rants.

A lot of people have come forth, but either they do not have national recognition or lack the

verbal skills to make their case.

The media press is against us and we do not have an outlet other than the internet.

A number of people that are pro gun, have harmed the cause with emotional and irrational

statements that are picked up and used against us. This is where a good leader would come in,

by leading and helping those with less developed social, and speaking skills to present a united case.

It would also help to unite the the rank and file pro gun folks.

Another little thought out idea is that of the 80 million guns in private hands, not all of the

owners are really pro gun. A number of folks bought guns for self defense. They hope that

they will never have to shoot the gun in anger or any other way. It is a comfort item.

I do not approve of that situation, and feel that anybody that owns a gun should know how to use

it, but that is not my call.

I have lamented the lack of qualified and outspoken leadership for the gun community, for a long time.

I have learned a few things in the process.

1. For some reason nobody wants to come forward with a good answer to the anti gun rants.

A lot of people have come forth, but either they do not have national recognition or lack the

verbal skills to make their case.

The media press is against us and we do not have an outlet other than the internet.

A number of people that are pro gun, have harmed the cause with emotional and irrational

statements that are picked up and used against us. This is where a good leader would come in,

by leading and helping those with less developed social, and speaking skills to present a united case.

It would also help to unite the the rank and file pro gun folks.

Another little thought out idea is that of the 80 million guns in private hands, not all of the

owners are really pro gun. A number of folks bought guns for self defense. They hope that

they will never have to shoot the gun in anger or any other way. It is a comfort item.

I do not approve of that situation, and feel that anybody that owns a gun should know how to use

it, but that is not my call.

Guess I am the same as the bold above...I don't want to ever have to shoot a gun for self defense/anger either....

but I do know how to use one ;)

Boys, I started this thread because I was depressed and upset and I was hoping I could get someone to do or say something to try and cheer me up.....NOT to start any fights or arguments......

Now ya all got me even more depressed and upset.....can we please just go back to the cyber drinking and leave the arguing for the Wire were it belongs???? :(:(:(

Shore Calico !

Name ya poison ! ;):lol:

Hehehe....

Yum ! :lol:

I got just da place . :lol::lol::lol:

I doubt that any of us do, Gunner. But my statement was a bit longer. I added in "OR ANY OTHER WAY".

I doubt that we can count on those gun owners for much support, even though it is in their best interest.

In my opinion, some folks look at gun ownership like life insurance. I sure hope I never have to use it but I like knowing that I have it.

I doubt that any of us do, Gunner. But my statement was a bit longer. I added in "OR ANY OTHER WAY".

I doubt that we can count on those gun owners for much support, even though it is in their best interest.

In my opinion, some folks look at gun ownership like life insurance. I sure hope I never have to use it but I like knowing that I have it.

well - that's why I didn't bold the 'or any other way' :D;):P

The bold statement above is 100% plus some in my book.

Rocky Mountain Gun Owners FB page - Colorado pards can network here too...seems to have the latest updates

http://www.facebook.com/rmgofb?ref=stream

You would..... <_<:P

Of course !

Did ya ever know a drunk.....er........cowboy not think from time two time ! ;):lol::lol::lol:

+ Bunches and bunches.....

That's why Uno joined the LB NRA Council. He's hoping to bring some new blood into the "good ol' boys club" and invigorate them again. I hope it works because we feel like we're in the dance band on the Titanic.......

When the day comes that I can't share my feelings about an important subject that affects thousands of us, that's the day I'm done with the SASS forum.

And what I'm doing is sharing my thoughts here. My "complaining" has been done directly to the NRA so don`t think I'm just pointlessly cyber ranting. I put my money where my mouth is believe me.

My initial statement was simply a question, "Where is my NRA?"

I still don't know.

Out.

"Where is my NRA"? They sure as hell ain't in Ca. either. :angry::angry:

Just look at the STUPID gun laws we have hear now......... :angry:

LG

Archived