SASS Wire Forum

Someone buy us Colorado pards a drink or three or ten

Calico Mary

By the time the state Senate is finished with us today we're all gonna need it!! News coming outta the capitol building ain't good...... :angry::angry::angry:

Dang it!!!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel for ya. :(

I'm sure our own nimrods wingnuts are gonna do their darndest to one-up Colorado... :(:wacko:

They ignored hours of testimony from law abiding citizens and sheriffs. And now they're threatening the sheriffs.

I have drawn a line in the sand (okay snow).

They have crossed it.

I've never been heavily involved in the political process. That changes now.

We'll remember them at election time.

Game on.

Bahahahaha! Love it!

Okay, now that your blood pressure is popping, just kidding. I hate to see the great state of Colorado being raped by the liberal loons. I hope this wakes up the conservatives in the state and they show up en masse on the next election day. No more complacency.

Bahahahaha! Love it!

Okay, now that your blood pressure is popping, just kidding. I hate to see the great state of Colorado being raped by the liberal loons. I hope this wakes up the conservatives in the state and they show up en masse on the next election day. No more complacency.

That applies to our state as well, Okie.

And one last time, I have to ask..

Where was my NRA?

Sure don't see much of them at the local and state level do ya? The state laws affect us too,and everyone seems to forget that if the state laws are enacted it still chips awayat us all be it in smaller groups. The result is JUST THE SAME FOR THOSE WHO LIVE IN THOSE STATES!

And one last time, I have to ask..

Where was my NRA?

I can't vouch for the other states, but here in Maryland, they had a significant presence at our hearings (Not that it will do any good!). Their primary support was through the State Rifle & Pistol association with facts, figures, etc, something that may be happening in your state and you just don't realize it. The NRA-ILA actually had a very sharp, well spoken, highly knowledgeable representative speak as an expert witness at each of the hearings here. They also provided us with hand signs for the rallies. I would post a picture of one if I could figure out that whole photobucket thing. Because we have been fighting this for years here in Maryland, we already had a pretty good communication network going before the SHTF and maybe that is why we got visible support, but I am just guessing.

I think the NRA, like the rest of us, were surprised by the extent (and outright viciousness) of the coordinated attack that has happened. The Anti-Gunners have obviously been planning this for quite some time, just waiting for the proper "Event" to ignite the fuse. It was too well orchestrated to have been spur of the moment. When was the last time you saw both the Federal and State governments working this well together on anything? This is BIG money playing BIG politics and we were unprepared.

Don't give up on the NRA just yet. There are going to be years of court challenges in our future and the NRA is the only organization with the clout and membership to put up a fight. Obama's Organize For Action, the probably illegal extension of his campaign machine, is 3 million members strong. They are technically sophisticated, social network connected, and are more than likely the source of our continued SPAM problem here on Team SASS. WE need to learn to be the same because these guys will be back in 2014/2016/2018.....

If just 25% of the gun owners were NRA members, that would be 20 million of us. The latest NRA action of $300.00 Lifetime Memberships is just their way of garnering a rapid influx of cash now. IT WILL hurt the NRA's future revenues and that will be a long term problem. We, as gun owners, need to continue to support their efforts. If there were 20 million members (just 25% of the gun owners) and if each one gave $100.00 per year to the NRA, that would be $2 BILLION dollars a year to fight this nonsense. Instead of overpaying for ammo, or 30 round mags at inflated prices, give something to the NRA. If we lose this fight, none of the other stuff will matter!

Dogmeat (Trapped Behind Enemy Lines In Maryland) Dad

You don't need to defend the NRA to me. I did NOT say I was giving up on the NRA. I am not about to burn my Life Member card. And I give em a lot of money.

But I am pretty disappointed in their lack of support here. They seem to be concentrating heavily on the gun friendly states like Texas.

Now Maryland is close to DC. I suspect it's easier logistically for them to jump into the fray in the east. It's better to fight leghislation at the ground leverl than gear up for and rely on a years-long court decision in my opinion..

I loved my folks too but I didn't always agree with how they did things.

We have been sending the NRA money, as much as we can afford. I am disappointed that they didn't seem to show much of a presence, but then again I doubt it will have helped. But I do hope that they at least get their lawyers involved if we manage to get some of this crap sent through the judicial system, we're gonna need all the help we can get for that!

THis is a cautionary tale for pards in other states. Keep watching your slimey left wing anti-gun legislators. Get up with your state gun right organizations. Get on their mailing lists and support them and gun friendly candidates in upcoming elections.

WE CANNOT LOSE THIS FIGHT!

http://www.9news.com/news/article/322904/188/Colorado-Senate-give-final-OK-to-gun-control-bills

I feel for ya. :(

I'm sure our own nimrods wingnuts are gonna do their darndest to one-up Colorado... :(:wacko:

SHUT-UP......... :D

Witchstien is do'n just that. :angry::angry:

At the bank, cashing our checks.....

YUP, and as a 45+ yr life member of the NRA. I'm more than pissed about that NASCAR crap also.

To the NRA.......PULL your head out :excl::excl:

LG

I'm noticing a disturbing trend here.....

We're getting a lot of sympathy but not a whole lot of liquor....

Guess I'm just gonna hafta resort to drinkin' on Hawk's tab...... :D

Heck I'll join you on hawks tab. :P:D

Calico an padre.....y'all can drink on my tab any ole time ............But just y'all.......NO MORE ! ^_^

The state is to vote here in da near future. I just hope my NRA is there ..... :(

Cmon guys...the NRA is doing everything it can. Believe it!

GG

Sorry, but I just don't see it from my saddle.

Whut bout Grizz and UB and Hacker???? They is all from Colorado too.....

That's okay Mary, I cracked a bottle of Buffalo Trace. I'm hopin it'll last till Justified tomorrow night.

I will work overtime if need be to make sure that every Golden Stater gets served. Belly up to the bar boys and girls.

Whut bout Grizz and UB and Hacker???? They is all from Colorado too.....

Well......dey is join drink me out of my private stock, ....but ok.......y'all come on !

Bob, bring yur cracked bottle an come on......somebody'd bound ta have some 100 mile an hour tape round here summers on nother !

I will work overtime if need be to make sure that every Golden Stater gets served. Belly up to the bar boys and girls.

Hey, the dang Golden Staters got plenty of wineries!!

Whut about us??

I suspect the NRA is picking and chosing its battles. They might have decided to budget their resources for states where they think they can make a difference. If the Colo Legislature ignored all pro gun evidence, why should the NRA waste time and resources on a lost cause? I'm guessing here of course, don' t blame you for being disappointed.

I suspect the NRA is picking and chosing its battles. They might have decided to budget their resources for states where they think they can make a difference. If the Colo Legislature ignored all pro gun evidence, why should the NRA waste time and resources on a lost cause? I'm guessing here of course, don' t blame you for being disappointed.

This post is what I am trying to convey... thanks JBar

GG

Archived