SASS Wire Forum

Dropped ammo question.

Hoss

I know dropped ammo while shooting, whether it hits the floor, ground or, table is "dead" and cannot be used, but what about at the loading table? If I drop a round while loading, can pick it up or is it dead as well?

Not dead, clean it off, make sure the bullet didn't get pushed in or it didn't get dented.

Fillmore

I know dropped ammo while shooting, whether it hits the floor, ground or, table is "dead" and cannot be used, but what about at the loading table? If I drop a round while loading, can pick it up or is it dead as well?

Dropped ammo is only "dead" between when the first round is fired and the last fired round of a stage

Not dead, clean it off, make sure the bullet didn't get pushed in or it didn't get dented.

Fillmore

Dropped ammo is only "dead" between when the first round is fired and the last fired round of a stage

Reckon enough said... they'd both be right...

Rance ;)

Thinkin' them boys know ther' stuff :blush:

SHB Page 23

" 24. Ammunition dropped by a shooter in the course of reloading any firearm during a stage or "ejected" from any firearm is considered "dead" and may not be recovered until the shooter completes the course of fire. The round must be replaced from the shooter’s person or other area as required by stage description or if the round is not fired it is counted as a missed shot. Staged ammunition dropped back where it was staged is not considered "dead." "

Since it was at the loading table and not "reloading during a stage or ejected", it's a no call.

Thanks guys. That's what I figured, but wanted to double check.

Way past time for that silly rule to go away. We have rules about muzzle control and safe gun handling, that's all we need.

WBAS did away with the rule and time for regular CAS to do so too.

As with the empty on the carrier rule as well.

Archived