SASS Wire Forum

Gabby Giffords's Husband Buys AR-15

Mark E. Kelly, gun-control proponent and husband to former

Congresswoman Gabby Giffords, recently purchased an AR-15 (an "assault

weapon," he called it)—which he now says he intended as an illustration

of the need for more stringent gun laws.

Kelly reportedly bought the AR-15 and a 1911-style semi-automatic pistol at a gun store in Tucson, Arizona.

Breitbart News received a tip on this

when Neil McCabe, editor of Guns & Patriots newsletter, contacted

us on March 7 and said:

Mark E. Kelly, made purchases which

included an AR-15--sometimes described as an "assault rifle"--at 3:30 pm

on the afternoon of March 5 at Diamondback Police Supply, 170 S. Kolb

Street, Tucson, AZ.

According to McCabe, witnesses to the purchases claimed Kelly purchased "high capacity" magazines as well.

On March 6, McCabe contacted Kelly's gun control group--"Americans

for Responsible Solutions"--and on March 8 they replied that his message

had been passed on to colleagues who handle press requests. Breitbart

News then began investigating the details surrounding the purchase,

including visiting the gun store.

Suddenly, Kelly announced on his Facebook page that he was not going to keep the AR-15, which he has yet to pick up from the store.

Days after making the purchases, Kelly wrote on Facebook:

I just had a background check a few days ago when I went to my local

gun store to buy a .45. As I was leaving, I noticed a used AR-15. Bought

that too. Even to buy an assault weapon, the background check only

takes a matter of minutes. I don't have possession of it yet but I'll be

turning it over to the Tucson PD when I do.

Testifying to the Senate Judiciary Committee Jan. 30, Kelly had urged

senators to restrict sales firearms based on their lethality--a common

refrain with other witnesses that day, who argued that semi-automatic

weapons, which chamber subsequent rounds as bullets are fired, and other

guns with military-style features level the playing field against law

enforcement.

Kelly and Giffords founded their own advocacy group to restrict gun

rights, Americans for Responsible Solutions, in January. On its website,

ARS wrote: “High capacity magazines are a deadly factor in gun violence.” A 30-round magazine is considered a high-capacity magazine.

The ARS website says: “Congress should act to limit the sale of high

capacity magazines, which are not needed for hunting or self-defense,

but have proven very lethal.”

Similarly, the ARS website says: “Congress should act to limit the sale of assault weapons.

In February, Kelly told Fox News Sunday's Chris Wallace that lawmakers need to address "assault weapons." He

said the purpose of an "assault weapon" is "to kill a lot of people

very quickly," and he lamented that such products were "too readily

available."

Kelly has not commented on whether he will also return the .45 caliber semi-automatic pistol he purchased.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/03/09/Gabby-Giffords-Husband-Buys-AR-15-Announces-He-s-Not-Keeping-It-After-News-Leaks-Out

He has said all along that he and his wife own guns. He think that makes him more acceptable to us, like Biden and his shotgun. :angry:

He testified in Denver last week supporting the antigun legisltion. I would prefer he stay in Arizona. Last time I checked he wasn't a voter in Colorado.

Really tired of this, "I'm a gun owner too" crap.

This is very strange and there is something just not right about this.........

First, he testifies in D.C. - very high profile, lots of coverage.

He and Gabby make lots of very public appearances all over doing the "gun owners like us" thing against gun ownership. He obviously knows how to get publicity.

Then, he stops at a gun shop and gets a 1911 and an AR-15.

Next, Breitbart finds out about the purchases and goes public with the story.

Now, we are asked to believe the purchases were for publicity to show how "easy" it is to buy a gun.

Where was the publicity when he went to the gun shop? I'm sure dozens of fawning media outlets would have loved to tag along. And if it's so "easy" why didn't he walk out of there with the guns?

Just not right.......fishy.....something in the story is still missing....

This is very strange and there is something just not right about this.........

First, he testifies in D.C. - very high profile, lots of coverage.

He and Gabby make lots of very public appearances all over doing the "gun owners like us" thing against gun ownership. He obviously knows how to get publicity.

Then, he stops at a gun shop and gets a 1911 and an AR-15.

Next, Breitbart finds out about the purchases and goes public with the story.

Now, we are asked to believe the purchases were for publicity to show how "easy" it is to buy a gun.

Where was the publicity when he went to the gun shop? I'm sure dozens of fawning media outlets would have loved to tag along. And if it's so "easy" why didn't he walk out of there with the guns?

Just not right.......fishy.....something in the story is still missing....

To me the point of this is that he has been stumping for banning what he just bought. Then, when it gets out that he bought what he is, supposedly, trying to get banned, his story comes out that he did it to show how easy it is to get an "assault weapon" and :"assault magazines" and that he won't be keeping them, but turning them over to the police.

Kinda like the Jane Fonda/Tom Hayden burglary incident years ago, only they "Manned Up" and admitted that they were hypocrits. It's a shame his wife had to get shot by a deranged individual so that he can get his face in the spotlight. Astronauts of days gone by stood in the public eye on their own achievements. I guess that isn't good enough for this phony!!

Guest Utah Bob

He could turn it over to me . I am the police. The mounted police. You know, The Federales.

Jus turn over thee gun Senor.

What?

Badges? WE ain't got no badges. WE don' need no badges.

I don't have to show you any steenkin badges!!

Guest Robert Dawson

Has anybody ever asked him how he would have felt if a cocealed carry owner had stopped that lunatic from shooting his wife? You wonder if his feelings would be different.

To me the point of this is that he has been stumping for banning what he just bought. Then, when it gets out that he bought what he is, supposedly, trying to get banned, his story comes out that he did it to show how easy it is to get an "assault weapon" and :"assault magazines" and that he won't be keeping them, but turning them over to the police.

I guess this proves that even a hypocrite can buy a assault weapon and mags.

HS

Yeah, and then he got to testify at those rigged Colorado hearings where they diddled

with the scheduling and the rules for testifying so that opposition had little or no

chance to voice their side of the thing...what abunch of hogwash...He ain't even a Colorado

resident, what is he doing testifying there anyway?

Yeah, and then he got to testify at those rigged Colorado hearings where they diddledwith the scheduling and the rules for testifying so that opposition had little or nochance to voice their side of the thing...what abunch of hogwash...He ain't even a Coloradoresident, what is he doing testifying there anyway?

Actually, despite their attempt to shuffle things around to keep pro 2A pepole from speaking, there was plenty of vocal opposition, including the Colorado Sheriffs assoc.

They were all ignored. The voice of the people means nothing.

If he did not intend to keep the rifle for his own use and is giving it away, is that a "straw purchase"? Perhaps he should be prosecuted.

LL'

I was thinking the same thing. He would have also lied on the background check form where it asks if he was purchasing for himself.

He has said all along that he and his wife own guns. He think that makes him more acceptable to us, like Biden and his shotgun. :angry:

He testified in Denver last week supporting the antigun legisltion. I would prefer he stay in Arizona. Last time I checked he wasn't a voter in Colorado.

Really tired of this, "I'm a gun owner too" crap.

Amen Utah Bob!

Archived