SASS Wire Forum

Hammers for New Black Hawks

JOHNACM

Hi Pards, Where can i buy montado or SBH hammers for New Black Hawks 45cal & 357Cal? Are Rugar Bisley hammers interchangable with New Black Hawks? Any complete info will be great. Thanks

Yes you can buy Super Blackhawk hammers for the Blackhawk. This is a popular change. The Montado has the exact same shape but has checkering instead of serrations on top of the hammer spur. (The serrations give a better grip on the thumb IMHO.) Bisley hammers will not drop into a Blackhawk and are not legal for SASS without also changing to Bisley grip frames.

What about SBH hammers into a NMV?

Frenchy

Yes, SBH hammers fit into NVs.

Do they require some fiiting?

Much obliged.

Frenchy

Do they require some fiiting?

Much obliged.

Frenchy

Not trying to be funny, just telling it like it is. They are all drop-in until they don't. (Then you need a little knowledge to get them to fit correctly.)

I just finished dropping in SBH in my RNVs. As far as the part itself it was just a direct swap, but being all thumbs and not very mechanically inclined it was a bit of a challenge for me. In the end though, new hammers are in and everything appears to be working right.

I just ordered a NMV .357 in SS from Long Hunters and asked them to put the SBH hammer on. They said it wasn't a problem.

Archived