SASS Wire Forum

What I miss Most on the "New" SASS wire

DOCBRAZOS, SASS#18033L

Ok, the wire has been up for a while. What ever happened to the "go to" box at the bottom of the page. It was great to read to the bottom of a page and "jump" over to the classified's, saloon or where ever. Having to scroll back to the top slows down the process.

Both of these are located at the top of the page.

"View New Content" will bring up the most current threads posted to.

The icon to the right of "View New Content" will display a forum topic directory tree. You can jump to any part of the Forum from here.

At the bottom there is the "Next Unread Topic". This is a little slow as it displays in order of last entry and take a bit of time to search and display. (May be just me on dial up)

Hi Doc,

I liked that feature too. Now you have to go to the top of the page, open a pop up then select the forum you want to go to. That's three steps instead of one.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Wait, wait Alli Mo........Look down there at the bottom of the page in the center of the light blue horizonal border. There's an "arrow" icon pointing up that instantly takes you back to the top of the page, where you can click on the little "open the "switch forums'" icon. So it is a bit easier than running back up to the top of the page.

HOWEVER ... upgrades are supposed to improve the product, not make it harder to navigate. This "upgrade," as a whole, is a foolish disaster for the users, in my opinion. It would have been very simple to put the same "open the "switch forums'" icon at the bottom of the page, too.

This mediocre "upgrade" has a lot of bugs in it, too. Obviously it was not properly tested prior to rolling it out to clients.

Cat Brules

Wait, wait Alli Mo........Look down there at the bottom of the page in the center of the light blue horizonal border. There's an "arrow" icon pointing up that instantly takes you back to the top of the page, where you can click on the little "open the "switch forums'" icon. So it is a bit easier than running back up to the top of the page.

All one has to do is click the "home" button, on one's computer to go back to the top of the page. So, I'm not sure of your meaning. The "old way" you could accomplish this in one click. Now, either your or Cliffy's way takes two clicks.

HOWEVER ... upgrades are supposed to improve the product, not make it harder to navigate. This "upgrade," as a whole, is a foolish disaster for the users, in my opinion. It would have been very simple to put the same "open the "switch forums'" icon at the bottom of the page, too.

This mediocre "upgrade" has a lot of bugs in it, too. Obviously it was not properly tested prior to rolling it out to clients.

Cat Brules

I haven't found it mediocre or a disaster. So far, I've only found this one thing what I miss from the "old Wire." I sure don't miss the snail-like pace that had become the norm.

It is so much faster I don't care about any off the other things,,,,

CPBC

It is so much faster I don't care about any off the other things,,,,

CPBC

Yup.

Cat Brules

Thanks Cat, never even saw that arrow!! It makes it much easier. I like this new wire, it's waaaay faster than the old one.

Rye

Well, I've noticed it's kind of buggy. I could go into that, but it's not all that important. It takes time to debug something like this and the problem isn't so much identifying the bug many times, but the time it takes to navigate through the application as an investigative user, identifying and articulating the sometimes tedious steps to reproduce the bug consistently. :wacko: None of us are getting paid to do that. ;) That info goes to the programmer, who hopefully, has the horsepower to fix it. :ph34r: The difference between a good and bad app are their functionality and features and how many unfixed bugs go to press.

I don't care much for this new system, mostly because of what's left out, but also because of the sloppy manner in which the graphical user interface works. It doesn't seem faster to me. Also, if it is a tad faster, there are clumsy impediments to functionality that, in my view, offset those. It does work well enough though, I suppose.

Cat Brules.

Archived