SASS Wire Forum

COLORADO: Protestors Descend on Legislature

People opposed to the gun people control bills being considered have shown up in huge numbers, but I don't think it's doing us a lot of good, they just ain't listening. Here's a quote from the idiot squatting in the governor's office:

"For all of their fervor, Hickenlooper sees the demonstrators a small minority.

"Not only do they not represent the middle, I don't think they represent the Republican party. I don't think they represent a large number of people," Gov. Hickenlooper said."

Talk about a totally clueless politician!! Even some of the people I know who have voted Democrat in the past are beyond disgusted by what's happening. And the local media isn't helping, all they wanted to talk about yesterday was Mark Kelly coming in to speak at the capitol, hardly a word about the state sheriff's association being there, guess their opinion doesn't matter even though they actually live here.....

I'm thinking this fight is going to have to go extra rounds, as in lawsuits, recalls, and a serious push to get actual representatives in the next elections! (But I am grateful to all the people who were able to go yesterday and at least try!)

Guest Squint Westwood

This is what happens when cons\ervative, pro-gun voters choose to stay home in "protest." Many conservatives refused to vote for Romney, and, as a result, didn't vote at all. Now, the job of protecting our Second Amendment rights is much harder.

Recall 'em...Throw 'em out. Quit listening to the liberal Boulder/Denver frontrange view.

C'mon the rest of Colorado!...You don't want them screwing up your state!...I grew up there,

I can't believe some of the CRAP that Colorado Legislature crowd is pushing!

Go get 'em...give 'em both barrels!

Bp

I read part of an interview with hickenlooper the other day, he says he has his finger on the pulse of what Coloradans want, he said he talked to 'literally about 100 people' who all agree with him. I guess he didn't bother to check his facebook, which last time I did was 99 percent opposed to any new gun laws, and those who posted were polite, cited studies and statistics, and the few who spoke in favor of the news laws gave no facts or support for their positions.

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Large groups have shown up at the capitol to oppose thye bills and speak to the committees. The Sheriffs are unilaterally opposed. The Rocky Mountain Gun owners have been fighting since the beginning. Yet the liberal snowball keeps rolling in spite of the people's opposition. Bloomberg, Biden et al have visited the state and have their fingerprints (and cash and political favors) all over the bills. A steady parade of vfictims families from Columbine and Aurora gets the publicity. Why let a non Colorado resident like Mark Kelly address the committee? We're being sold down the river despite our best efforts. I have one question.

Where is the NRA?

Archived