SASS Wire Forum

online sourses for reclaimed lead shot

Any pards out there know a good place to buy "cheap" reclaimed shot online. Doing a search I found Badman Bullets out of Oregon selling reclaimed shot for 34 bucks a bag and they will ship two bags to my door for 11.50. I just wanted to throw this out there to see if there were any better deals out there. Thanks in advance... http://www.badmanbullets.com/OnlineStore/reclaimed-lead-shot-for-sale-size-7.5.html

J & S Wholesale in Jackson, CA (http://www.jswholesaleinc.com/) sells reclaimed shot for ~$29 a bag in quantity. You can save $1 a bag by driving there for pickup. I would consider this a option if you could split the order with others. You don't live too far from this location.

J & S Wholesale in Jackson, CA (http://www.jswholesaleinc.com/) sells reclaimed shot for ~$29 a bag in quantity. You can save $1 a bag by driving there for pickup. I would consider this a option if you could split the order with others. You don't live too far from this location.

I believe that price is for 20# bags.

A old trick some of the horse feed companys try.

Some went to a 40# bag instead of the normal 50#

Kept the same price when the others kept the bags at 50# but went up a little.

A lot of them don't catch on.

Keep the price the same or lower. Just make the bags a little smaller and hope they don't figure it out.

On-line is normally an expensive way to buy reclaimed shot. Much better to go to your local shotgun club (trap, skeet, clays) and, if they have reclaimed shot that they stock for their members (or even the public), consider joining the club just so you can get a good deal on the shot (and on new shells, if you need them).

Lead = HEAVY.

HEAVY = expensive shipping.

Buying shot online in consumer quantities (a couple of bags at a time) = a financial disaster.

The shipping can easily be one-third to half the cost of the purchase. Even when it is called "FREE SHIPPING!"

Good luck, GJ

Strange but as I checked there web site, it looks like they got both 20 and 25 lb bags. 30 bag min on the 25 pounders though. I think I will call to clarify before I take a road trip up there. Got to also weigh in the price of gas and compair to shipping..

Strange but as I checked there web site, it looks like they got both 20 and 25 lb bags. 30 bag min on the 25 pounders though. I think I will call to clarify before I take a road trip up there. Got to also weigh in the price of gas and compair to shipping..

& two different prices per bag

Get 50 lbs from Roto Metals. Lots of graphite. I think it is better than store bought.

The 2 bag or 50 lb. price is delivered or "freight free"

Sometimes they have coupons.

The Badman Bullets price actually works out to be just shy of $5 a bag cheaper even including the shipping. And Shell-e and Drifter are CAS shooters. Just sayin'...

--

The Badman Bullets price actually works out to be just shy of $5 a bag cheaper even including the shipping. And Shell-e and Drifter are CAS shooters. Just sayin'...

Just received 50# from Badman. Fast shipping, clean shot. $10 for gas & sales tax for me to buy locally. This was cheaper and easier for me. I live in Tx, so no affiliation with this outfit.

--

Just received 50# from Badman. Fast shipping, clean shot. $10 for gas & sales tax for me to buy locally. This was cheaper and easier for me. I live in Tx, so no affiliation with this outfit.

Thanks for that info Yusta B. Glade to hear it was clean because some of the reclaimed shot I seen before looks like it came out of the garden..."slight exaggeration"...

Archived