SASS Wire Forum

New Video Crushes Myth About Large Capacity Magazines

Rooster Ron Wayne

Not to throw cold water on this video, but did you notice that the gun never goes to slide lock? On other words precious seconds can be saved if you don't have to drop the slide after each reload. Now at first I thought this was ok, but because these are supposed to be limited to the perscribed rounds in the mag, it's not a bonified test if you run the gun to 15 but have 16 in the mag so you don't have to drop the slide when you make the reload.

Just my opinion.

He did not have any extra ammo in the mag he just carried forward the last shot from the first mag 'till the end. Fired 14, mag change then fired 16.

Right .

Is that not how it should be done ?

That's how I would do it :huh:

That's the way I learned it!!

Right, but Wrong.

The test was specific to the amount in the mag....."this is two 15 round mags" etc. You can't have 16 rounds in a 15 round mag.

I am not saying that tactically what they did was wrong, I am saying that it's not a valid test if you have more in the mag than was stated for the test.

The BIGGER issue is the politicians pushing this garbage know it's not about magazine capacity and don't care.....it's the agenda over the facts. The attack on the 2nd Amendment is what they are after......one step at a time.

IMO you have the politicians that KNOW this and try to lie to folks OR you have the ones that are ignorant and led around like dogs on a leash. What ever happened to real leaders that could think for themselves and fought for the Constitution and the good of the American people? Not party loyalty and their agenda’s.

I think it’s time to speak loudly and carry a big stick.

I think (that usually will get me in trouble) that if you count rounds fired on the 15 round mags. You will find that the shooter fired 14 rounds, leaving one in the chamber, switched mags, and then fired 16 rounds to end the string. From this it would appear that each magazine held 15 rounds, not 14 in one and 16 in the other.

Was this a fair test? Some will say yes, some maybe and some might say no.

We do ourselves no favors with videos of this type.

IF this video was accurate - all it would do is add fuel to the fervor of outright bans.

"See America? Magazine limits alone are not nearly enough - all semi auto firearms have to go as well"

But since this video is WILDLY inaccurate - it simply makes us look like liars.

The male shooters 15 round pistol runs are shot in a different sequence on target than his followup runs.

15 rounders - R-L sweeps on three targets.

10 and 6 rounders - Nevada sweeps on three targets. Cannot compare times when the sequence is different.

(and look at his times - anyone actually believe with all things being equal, you can shoot 30 rounds FASTER with a mag change than without?)

The lady shooter has to pull the mags clear on her 15 and 10 round runs - but magically on her 6 round runs, they discovered drop free magazines.

As for the AR runs - his trigger pacing certainly picks up with the 10 round mags.

Tests that are so obviously tilted toward a given result do not forward our arguments.

First, people should be able to buy whatever size magazine for whatever weapon they want, 30, 50 100 rounds (if they can carry it).

But to the video. The magazines were at waist level on a platform for easy access. No fumbling in pockets, or from mag holders on a belt. The time spent changing the magazines is time not pulling the trigger. But all factors being equal, a person can't be faster shooting 30 rounds with magazine changes than 30 rounds with no magazine changes. So the only real issue is how fast can the magazines be changed, and that depends on the skill level of the shooter.

If it was already illegal to have a firearm at the location, and the shooter intentionally violated that law to kill people, why would he be the slightest concerned that the magazine being used is also illegal?

He DID NOT shoot them the same.

First one he shot 321 321 321

On the 3 ten rounders. He 123212321ect.

Not the same sweeps for each test. GOT TO BE THE SAME to be a real test..

I stopped watching after that. As it is not a true test.

He DID NOT shoot them the same.

First one he shot 321 321 321

On the 3 ten rounders. He 123212321ect.

Not the same sweeps for each test. GOT TO BE THE SAME to be a real test..

I stopped watching after that. As it is not a true test.

I guess the POINT is .

Magazine Control is NOT the answer !

I guess the POINT is .

Magazine Control is NOT the answer !

I agree with that. But DANG IT. If you are going to do a test. And put it out there.

Do the damn thing right. or don't put it out there.

This video is an attempt to show that large cap mags are not the problem. No, it is not perfect, but is a good first step and a positive one. How many of our brethern have made any attempt at tackling this assault on our rights. Like writing to all your state and federal legislators? Or phoning their offices? Or going to a rally? Or joining ancd sending a few bucks to the NRA, or CCRKBA, or GOA?

Archived