SASS Wire Forum

Colorado expanded background checks

Guest Utah Bob

Guest Utah Bob

This bill passed out of commitee today.

Mark Kelly is apparently going to make the rounds and have his say in states other than his home one. :angry: Between him, Bloomberg and other outsiders we have our backs against the wall.

DENVER (AP) - A proposal to expand background checks on all firearm
purchases advanced in the Colorado Senate after dozens on both sides of the debate testified, including the husband of former U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.

The Democratic-sponsored bill passed on a 3-2 party-line vote in the Senate State, Veterans and Military Affairs Committee.

Giffords' husband, Mark Kelly, told lawmakers that he and his wife support the Second Amendment, but that the right to bear arms shouldn'textend to criminals and the mentally ill.

The bill would expand background checks to include private and online firearm sales.

Giffords, a former Democratic congresswoman from Tucson, Ariz., was severely wounded in a mass shooting in January 2011 while meeting with constituents.

Colorado sheriffs opposed the bill, saying that it's unenforceable and the first step toward registering firearms.

Why am I now Guest Utah Bob??????????????? I ain't spammed nobody :unsure:

I'm guessing they are using legitimate looking ID's to pass the sniff test.

They are even putting in legitimate looking posts.

To what end I don't know. Been dealing with my own hacker all day today. :angry:

Waimea

:FlagAm:

I posted this. It's legit. Don't know why I'm a guest in post #1 and me in post #2.

:unsure:

According to what I see is that you posted from an ISP that the system did not recognize.

BH

Cool. I must be in stealth mode.

Under the radar that's me.

Just call me double nought Bob :D

Take that, DHS!

Cool. I must be in stealth mode.

Under the radar that's me.

Just call me double nought Bob :D

Take that, DHS!

And I thought it was Russians messin' with ya. Maybe DHS has been looking at that big scary knife in your avatar and figured out you're one dangerous hombre.

Guest Squint Westwood

Utah Bob, I'm a "guest as well, even though I've been a SASS member since 1992, and a Wire contributor since 1999. ?? Squint Westwood, SASS #2165

Colorado HB13-1229 did really pass out of the Senate State Veterans and military affairs committee 3-2.

Please use the bill number so we know what is really done.

My apologies for not including the bill number.

It ain't the russkies nor the chinese it's big brother testing out their world wide web mess wit everbody computer type soft serve ware. Changing everone from members to guests and back again. They is almost as good as that Copperfield feller what made a elephont disappear. Roflol

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest that there should be at least 1 ar15 30 rd mag in
each Colorado household even if you as of yet have not purchased an ar15
rifle. If you are now thinking or plan
on purchasing one down the road the mag is grandfathered in by the HB13-1224. The
rifles themselves have not yet been banned.
Future rifles will be 15 rds or less but with a grandfathered 30 rd
mag you are good to go. With Magpul selling pmags to Colorado residents at a reasonable

price you can’t go wrong.

MS

On this background check thing...

Colorado ought to do what Alaska has done...

Now, when you renew an Alaska Concealed Handgun Permit (ACHP), ($25.00, good for five years) you

supply a new photograph and fill out one additional form which has all the same questions on it

that a Form 4473 gun purchase form has, and then you get issued a what is called a

"NICS Exempt" permit (says so right on the front) which negates any further

"background check" for any gun purchase either private or from a FFL dealer.

That's a good deal.

On this background check thing...Colorado ought to do what Alaska has done...Now, when you renew an Alaska Concealed Handgun Permit (ACHP), ($25.00, good for five years) yousupply a new photograph and fill out one additional form which has all the same questions on itthat a Form 4473 gun purchase form has, and then you get issued a what is called a"NICS Exempt" permit (says so right on the front) which negates any further"background check" for any gun purchase either private or from a FFL dealer.That's a good deal.

Unfortunately, We can't do anything that makes sense until we can get these anti-gun politicians out of office.

Unfortunarely, We can't do anything that makes sense until we can get these anti-gun politicians out of office.

But that unto itself would make too much sense.

I agree entirely. And we should add a voter education class as well.

Archived