SASS Wire Forum

Pre 82 Mec 600 Jr

Come On Christmas

I saw one of these on Gunbroker that is lower priced without much activity.

What be the skinny on the older models? Parts available?

Shameless

Sure. In fact, I'm running one that was probably built in the 70s. Current parts still fit it.

Hard to ever wear one out. Get the adjustable charge/shot bar for maximum ease in setting up and changing loads.

Good luck, GJ

Sure. In fact, I'm running one that was probably built in the 70s. Current parts still fit it.

Hard to ever wear one out. Get the adjustable charge/shot bar for maximum ease in setting up and changing loads.

Good luck, GJ

Is that a MEC accessory Joe?

Fillmore

Yep - the adjustable charge bar is available from Cabela's, etc.

It is a factory authorized accessory - and pretty darn handy if

you plan on cahnging loads.

- BB

The adjustable charge bar is about $35. It does away with the hassle of finding the right bushings. Shot and powder are adjustable. Once you get it like you want it, you can lock the adjuster with a small allen screw.

The older MEC 600 Jr. has the metal crimp starter and metal crimp die. The newer MEC's have the composit/plastic Starter & Crimp dies.

My preference is the older Die's ;)

For CAS/SASS use Bushings are all that is required for P & S. I have the adjustable bar, and it is used on rare occasions.

Save your $35.00 green paper you might spend on the Bar, and buy a one once Silver round or Silver Eagle. The Silver may be needed very soon.

Another thing about these older MEC's is they older ones are not compatible with the automatic primer feed add-on. The older ones have a smaller hole through the toolhead and require drilling to a larger size for the primer 'dohickie' to fit. I've got one of the older ones and use it for BP. I've got the parts but it requires COMPLETE disassembly of the press to get to the toolhead....ain't got around to it.....

Ain't nothing wrong with those old MEC's, they run forever!

Archived