SASS Wire Forum

Georgia State Match, 2013

WOOOOOW The entry list for this looks like a national rather than a state event. For those of you who have not seen the likes of Stan, Deuce, Dan, Arcadia, Fast Eddie, Red River Ray, Widder, Cowboy Junkie and these boys do their thing, it is truly a sight to behold. They are also some of the most friendly and gracious people I have ever met. If you have not signed up but have given it any thought, come on and join the party.

Looking forward to seeing all our buddies this weekend.

McKenzie

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howdy McKenzie,

I hope you got those couple messages I sent to you last year with a BIG THANK YOU for those items you sent to me. They have surely come in handy and very helpful.

I appreciate what you did and thanks again..

Hope to see you on Thursday.

..........Widder

Widder. Sure did get your messages, tried to respond but that was during the time the wire was having trouble with PM traffic. You are more than welcome and again Thanks for your help on Olins rifle. Will be shooting the black powder match thurs and looking over my sholder for you. See Ya.

McKenzie

Let me tell ya something fellers.

Us poor old workers started our shoot today. And y'all better believe it when the Judge lays down the law.

" This is gonna be one fast match!!"

Y'all just get here and let's start the party!!!!!

leaving around 7 in the morning, a short stop in Locust Grove for the Cowboy Barn and then on up.....

gonna bea good time!!!!!!!!!

PB

DID

I ain't ever seen ya shoot GF but I seem ya shoot two handed. Well believe this match is gonna make your eyes roll like a pinball machine. The first five work out AWESOME for us GF's. you could not have picked a better first BIG MATCH to start your gunfighting career..

Let Darlin' work tomorrow but get your butt on up here!!

It's gonna be a BIG TIME!!!!

Stan my buddy you are welcome to come too!!!!

JUDGE: I know ya done good. Can't wait. I think Me, Dan and Slater will have a ball on the same posse.

McKenzie: I hope Olin's rifle is runnin like it should and isn't having any gremlins.

Lookin forward to seeing you also.

DID: ya is a man after my own heart. Its obvious WHO is in charge at your house.

Based on Judges comments, WE is gona have a blast.

Me and Slater should be pullin in to the range bout 10:30 - 11:00 on Thursday mornin,

just in time to visit the food vendor.

..........Widder

Based on what I saw today, Olin's rifle is running just fine! Of course, in his hands, my rifle probably would have looked pretty good, too. That young man is quick, and a fine young man to boot. He's been working as hard as anyone and harder than most getting things ready for the match.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few days!

DDD

It has been a long time.

I am looking forward to seeing you and Lason!!

Great spot near the river with your name on it.

I have been extended an invite to one of Potshot Parkers vanogins, They weren't sure where they wer gonna park them. Sounds like a plan... riverside in a VW peace wagon and tai chi in the morning!

WOOOOOW The entry list for this looks like a national rather than a state event. For those of you who have not seen the likes of Stan, Deuce, Dan, Arcadia, Fast Eddie, Red River Ray, Widder, Cowboy Junkie and these boys do their thing, it is truly a sight to behold. They are also some of the most friendly and gracious people I have ever met. If you have not signed up but have given it any thought, come on and join the party.

Looking forward to seeing all our buddies this weekend.

McKenzie

Not to mention McKenzie River Drifter!

DID

I ain't ever seen ya shoot GF but I seem ya shoot two handed. Well believe this match is gonna make your eyes roll like a pinball machine. The first five work out AWESOME for us GF's. you could not have picked a better first BIG MATCH to start your gunfighting career..

Let Darlin' work tomorrow but get your butt on up here!!

It's gonna be a BIG TIME!!!!

Stan my buddy you are welcome to come too!!!!

well thanks....I think....

Stan - the Bear

Bea and I will be there tomorrow to setup to make earplugs. I'm going to shoot on a Posse this year while Bea works the booth. I think I'm getting the better end of the deal!

Well,

i got my Bionics harmonized yesterday afternoon. The scientist at the Oak Ridge National Lab tweaked them for 'peak speed and endurance'. :o

It still might not be enough. BUT, it will be fun. :D

Now, if only they could do something to help me see those dern front sight blades, I'd have it made ..... ;)

..........WIdder

Widder, think how much faster you would be if you did not have to worry about those pesky front sights. Danged things just get in the way and hang up on things.

Tombstone: that IS exactly why you OUTLAWS have my deepest admiration.

I've seen you hit more knockdowns from the hip than I do while trying to aim or point correctly.

See ya TOMORROW!

..........Widder

Purdy Boy and Ray made it this evening along with several other folks. We finished decorating and finished up the workers posse.

It is gonna be FAST and FURIOUS. !!!

Can't wait till everyone gets here

Well ........ All the shooting was done on Friday. I had to make a decision to shoot all ten stages in one day. With the weather that's coming today I made the best decision I could for my shooters to enjoy themselves. I would rather shoot in a little misty rain than a monsoon which is going to be today. Heck, we even moved the banquet up to 1:00 so people could start home today.

I did what I thought was best. In my mind its all about the enjoyment of the shooters.

I think the majority of us shooters will applaud you for your decision. I know that I am very impressed with all you and your club have done to make this work and to make your shooters comfortable. Accolades to you all! We will be back.

Excellent decision, Judge and gang! Shooting 10 stages is tiring, but we paced ourselves and I believe everyone had a great time. Well written stages! Big and close! As always, the Riverbend Rough Riders outdid themselves....can't wait for the banquet...can't wait until next year!

Judge, I know of two shooters first hand, Bucky and I, that enjoyed yesterday. And it's pouring rain right now, glad we finished all 10 yesterday. See you at the banquet.

Hmm, bar opens at 10:00?

Archived