SASS Wire Forum

Georgia State Match, 2013

In reviewing the shooter's list, in my opinion, at this year's Georgia State match, we will

see the largest gathering of Gunfighters, Senior Gunfighters, Frontier Cartridge Gunfighters,

Lady Gunfighters, and, yes, Outlaw Gunfighters in the ENTIRE HISTORY of the WORLD! Sorry, got

carried away.

Jedi's, State Champs, World Champs, and the World Record Gunfighter!

Judge, ye done good!

Harley.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By my counting 33 out of 204 are shooting Gunfighter in one way or another.

That's a pretty good percentage ( somebody figure it out) if I do say so myself..

Last year at EOT with 514 shooters they only had 4 more Gunfighters than we have.

WAY TO GO GUNFIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a shame that Ol' RRR ain't gonna man up and come visit us.

To bad that Deuce and the rest of you speed demons are shooting for second place behind this OLD FCGFOLHPWPM (Frontier Cartridge Gun Fighter One Legged Heart Patient with Pacemaker) but I know you don't mind.Who better to be second to than the JUDGE!!!!

See y'all soon!! It's shaping up to be a doozy!!!!

By my counting 33 out of 204 are shooting Gunfighter in one way or another.

That's a pretty good percentage ( somebody figure it out) if I do say so myself..

Last year at EOT with 514 shooters they only had 4 more Gunfighters than we have.

WAY TO GO GUNFIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a shame that Ol' RRR ain't gonna man up and come visit us.

To bad that Deuce and the rest of you speed demons are shooting for second place behind this OLD FCGFOLHPWPM (Frontier Cartridge Gun Fighter One Legged Heart Patient with Pacemaker) but I know you don't mind.Who better to be second to than the JUDGE!!!!

See y'all soon!! It's shaping up to be a doozy!!!!

I am a commmming dern it, I'm very bus~~, working har~,Got all my cows calving tomorro~~ Ah tha devi,l I'm gist dern lazy i reckon.

RRR "I really mean well"

In reviewing the shooter's list, in my opinion, at this year's Georgia State match, we will

see the largest gathering of Gunfighters, Senior Gunfighters, Frontier Cartridge Gunfighters,

Lady Gunfighters, and, yes, Outlaw Gunfighters in the ENTIRE HISTORY of the WORLD! Sorry, got

carried away.

Jedi's, State Champs, World Champs, and the World Record Gunfighter!

Judge, ye done good!

Harley.

Harley,

ya forgot about 'the Purdiest' GF in the whole world also.......... ShyAnnie!

And, ya got atleast one previous World/State champ shooting GF in this match.....Dang It Dan. The GF style might be alittle new to him, but the rifle and SG are still World Class Fast. I wish him a great match.

And ya know that Easy Rider probably won't get bitten with a broken firing pin again. So he's gona be ready this year.

AND MAYBE, just maybe, the Geisha Twins might drop by. I understand they've been in contact with Krazy for a reserved parking spot and he is trying to accomodate them. We'll just have to wait and see.

This IS gona be a dandy for sure.

p.s. - Drive careful Way!

..........Widder

Harley,

And, ya got atleast one previous World/State champ shooting GF in this match.....Dang It Dan. The GF style might be alittle new to him, but the rifle and SG are still World Class Fast. I wish him a great match.

And ya know that Easy Rider probably won't get bitten with a broken firing pin again. So he's gona be ready this year.

AND MAYBE, just maybe, the Geisha Twins might drop by. I understand they've been in contact with Krazy for a reserved parking spot and he is trying to accomodate them. We'll just have to wait and see.

..........Widder

I thought it was the firing pin spring?

In any case, on a Ruger revolver, had to be the most unexpected malfunction I ever heard of.\

Se you there!

I thought it was the firing pin spring?

In any case, on a Ruger revolver, had to be the most unexpected malfunction I ever heard of.\

Se you there!

DDD,

Yes, I think you are correct. I only knew that it had to deal with something concerning the firing pin. So it very well could have been the spring. AND yes, on a Ruger also.

see ya SOOOOOOON!

..........Widder

Harley,

..........Widder

Yep the Geisha Twins got a reserved parking spot right next to Tennessee Tombstone's mobile bunkhouse. Ole TT paid extra for that too....I ain't saying what he paid or what he paid with....he just paid :blink:

Thanks KK, Checks in the mail.

Now where have I heard that before.......

It'll be good to see you and Lady T again.....safe travels.

It's gonna be the BEST and last match I've ever directed!!!!

Not bad for two fellas that have lost almost two hundred pounds and love to shoot BP !!!

Good job Matthew.

But I sure as hell don't recommend what you and I went through as preferred dieting methods. ;)

For all those folks attending the Georgia match this year don't forget about the black powder match to be held on Thursday. Our good pard Tuco Forsyth has some stages written that will have everyone saying "Holy Smoke" after shooting them.

For all those folks attending the Georgia match this year don't forget about the black powder match to be held on Thursday. Our good pard Tuco Forsyth has some stages written that will have everyone saying "Holy Smoke" after shooting them.

Yeah buddy! I'll be there!

Looking forwert to seeing old friends and making new ones....Whiskey!

pb

Bill Burt don't hang with no crossdressin Yanks!!! That Vanilla Thunder scares me, cain't tell if it's a he or a she.

I heard Evil Bob will be there!

http://s1203.photobucket.com/user/ThomasBurt/media/EvilBob_zps1b257543.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

We'll also have a guest from Valhalla, son of Odin, brother of Loki, the man with the fastest thumbs in the west.....http://s1203.photobucket.com/user/ThomasBurt/media/Widdermaker_zps00959ff3.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

And, of course, three of our most respected shooters, 'the three amigos' will be there with bells, ahem bibs on to greet our welcome guests.

http://s1203.photobucket.com/user/ThomasBurt/media/ThreeAmigos_zps4034c22c.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Hey hey hey! You bum!

Well, what was originally planned as a good weekend to practice turned into a good weekend just to mow the yard and work on a rifle..... AND NO Practice.

The farm land where I practice is close to a school ball field. And guess what was going on the whole weekend? YEP...ball games.

Anyhow, it gave me time to work on a NEW Marlin. Well, it is new to me. Actually, its a .32 HR mag Cowboy that was still NIB.

I had never even taken the tag off the lever. Anyhow, I finally made the time to start working on it to smoooooth it alittle.

For SHYANNIE: looks like GA State might just be a plinkin/practice time for me cause I surely ain't gona be able to pull out my 'A' game for this. BUT, don't get tooooo relaxed cause I still plan to rely on The Force! PLUS, the list of SR GFer's is as respectable as any and all these fellers are great shooters. ;)

I know Dan is gettin in some good practice and such.

I sense that the younger GF category is gona be the MOST competitive category. Alot of top shootin GFer's are schedule to shoot this match and ifn I was a GF lookin for a place to go on May 2-4, the GA State would be it. These young whippersnappers have all the good moves and good eyesight.

Its gona be mayhem and I'm gona love it!

..........Widder

When I signed up for SR GF, I thought I might be playing it safe.

The joke is on me!

An impeccable list of SR GFer's will be shooting at this match.

In no particular order, here's some of the BEST competition at the match:

Cassalong Hopidy

Major MIshap

Yankee Dutchman

Cheyenne Culpepper

Rounder

Deadly Sharpshooter

Mr. Bull Wacker

hope I didn't miss anyones name.

And the GF catagory ain't no slouch either, plus the Frontier Cartridge GF. WOW, what a list of great shooters!

Safe travels to everyone!

..........Widder

I ain't prejudiced, I'll put a whuppin on em all!!! even with my back up shotgun, I'm glad the ithaca/skb broke this weenend, (One side wont cock, mechanical trigger)

pb

Just wanted to let y'all know this........

We had a little workday yesterday. We got the few things built that we needed. We got some paint on the new "Witch's Saloon" to get it ready.

But the main thing is.......

The ROCKET is ready for all y'all to ride.

Widder,

As far as GF go. Don't forget this old BP shooter. You must remember I have an inside track with the scorer. Heck I might even win this thing!!!

I think there's gonna be a gunfight!!!!

yea, yea, yea. And I broke my arm and won't be able to shoot fast either.... :)

ShyAnnie, everbody knows that our backup guns are often better than our gamer guns.

My backup 97 is everybit as good as my game gun.

My backup .38 Vaqueros are BETTER than the .45's that I will be using. Actually, I may be loaning out my best set to another GF. Wait and see.

And my original Widdermatic is now a backup for another Widdermatic for me.

Sooooo, we all know that the backup stuff is often 1st rate and often better than the game guns.

You ain't gona scych me out!

..........Widder

Hey JUDGE,

the list of Frontier GF'ers earned a BIG 'WOW' from me on that earlier post.

Trully, this is an incredible list of GFer's, including some topnotch Lady GFer's.

This gona be VERY interesting to see how this pans out.

I know you will be at the top. But the rest of us will be trying to fall in close behind.

P.S. - thanks for all you've done and the hard work many have put into making the GA State a great match.

..........Widder

All told 31 gunfighters at this match,,,in all cats......

31 out of 204, not bad

maybe I'll shoot my 51s to keep it close... :o:P:P

TWPBCC :D

All told 31 gunfighters at this match,,,in all cats......

31 out of 204, not bad

maybe I'll shoot my 51s to keep it close... :o:P:P

TWPBCC :D

Purdy Boy,

ya just gotta shoot it in the most way ya want. Don't get me wrong.....my .38's might be a tad faster and it was the same set of pistols that I shot the match CLEAN last year. AND, I'm gona try to shoot darn good.

BUT, I just feel like shooting my Sheriff Model .45's right now. I'll have fun with them this year.

Shoot what ya feel like. HECK, switch em up on every stage.

see ya sooooooooooooon.

..........Widder

Hi guys just figured out how to login on here (couldn't find the e-mail with my password on it until now). Anyway I can't wait to shoot with you guys for my first State Match alongside Captain Bill Burt and Iron Cowboy!! :)

Shootin Sharyn,

you've pick a great match to shoot your 1st State Match. It'll spoil ya.

Keep an eye out for Bill and Iron Cowboy. They is goooood shooters, the both of em!

..........Widder

Actually, I may be loaning out my best set to another GF. Wait and see.

..........Widder

Widder, I got my guns back from Lassiter yesterday - Thank you Good Lord! These guns point soooo much better than what I was using so now I really don't have any excuses. Now, that doesn't mean I don't plan on blaming it on someone else if things go wrong. ;)

Archived