SASS Wire Forum

Something that really irritates me,,,Manatee got me tu thinkin

This really came to my attention at the conventions, When walking down a hallway with my wife some cowboys would walk past without ANY acknowledgement whatsover. In the 1880s a man did just that and the husband wheeled around and kilt him, the judgement, innocent, the "perp" deserved it.

we can't do that today, but come on, at least be polite, especially to ladies....

I, for the life of me, can not understand why other cowboys won't lift their eyes up and at least acknowledge another cowboy passing by,,,.

and yes I know some people are on missions at times,,, but sheesh...

rant over

Cheyenne, hand kissing, Culpepper

Yup......at least let the other cowboy know yur der !

An tip yur hat to da ladies....fer shore !

I do dat all da time ! ;)

I try to say howdy and tip my hat to the ladies.

Funny story. Many years ago Miz Grizz and I went to England to visit my brother while he was at Oxford. Locals walked around with head and eyes down and never said anything, so I took this as a challenge and would say good morning, afternoon, or whatever was appropriate. Very few answered back. One older lady on the streets of Oxford stopped, looked up at me and 'why yes it is, good morning to you' :D

On the tube one day this cute little girl said to her mother 'look at the fuzzy man mum' I just smiled and laughed, her poor mother was mortified.

This really came to my attention at the conventions, When walking down a hallway with my wife some cowboys would walk past without ANY acknowledgement whatsover. In the 1880s a man did just that and the husband wheeled around and kilt him, the judgement, innocent, the "perp" deserved it.

we can't do that today, but come on, at least be polite, especially to ladies....

I, for the life of me, can not understand why other cowboys won't lift their eyes up and at least acknowledge another cowboy passing by,,,.

rant over

Probably because we all hate you. :P

You're applying the social morays of over a century ago! With our current culture and political correctness avoiding eye contact and any interaction is the norm. While you may take offense to it and it may be part of "role" playing the cowboy way, I'm just fine with not having to acknowledge strangers male or female, or doubtful!

Ike

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

I guess I don't do it... 'cause I'm used to walkin' round in big cities.

On parts of Lakeshore Drive in Chicago... or places in Louisville... or Birmingham... or Beale Street in Memphis... there's plenty of places you don't make eye contact. Some folks now-a-days take that as a "dis" (or challenge)... and may decide to pull on ya. Then... after ya take care of that temp moment... it takes years to clean up the friggin' mess.

Just "Conditionin"... that's all. So... pardon me if I walk on by.

ts

Some folks just walk around with their heads down because they're looking for dog s**t (or horse s**t) and pennies.

Some other folks walk around with their heads up and smiling because they've alreay stepped in it.

Welp, I've stepped in et a few times,,,wud rather step in et tho than miss a Lady's hand...

One thing I have noticed, when I'm in someplace like Wal-mart with at least my cowboy hat on,,,,(with the rest of my clothes tuu) and smile at folk I get the biggest smiles back... from just about everyone,,,,

Iffn yu can't muster up a howdy for other shooters then I just feel plain sorry fer yuze!

Cheyenne, Purdy Boy, Culpepper

"Cheyenne, "PURDY BOY", Culpepper

Ya ought ta tank bout dat Purdy Boy business.......

Mite just git ya shoot (at ! :lol: )

Thar's a good story behind it! sides it goes along with most of my cowboy clothes

Purdy Boy :P

One thing I have noticed, when I'm in someplace like Wal-mart with at least my cowboy hat on,,,,(with the rest of my clothes tuu) and smile at folk I get the biggest smiles back... from just about everyone,,,,

With a hat on, it will make you stand out from the crowd, and draw attention. PSsssssssssssssst, did you check your zipper afterwards? :o:o MT

Thar's a good story behind it! sides it goes along with most of my cowboy clothes

Purdy Boy :P

The midwestern Naked Cowboy....you go Purdy Boy!

GG

The midwestern Naked Cowboy....you go Purdy Boy!

GG

I see another bulged barrell coming yur way..... :P

CPBC

You're applying the social morays of over a century ago! With our current culture and political correctness avoiding eye contact and any interaction is the norm. While you may take offense to it and it may be part of "role" playing the cowboy way, I'm just fine with not having to acknowledge strangers male or female, or doubtful!

Ike

This of course, would be an unsocial Moray. ;):lol:

moray2_.jpg

rant over

Don't you dare try and kiss my hand!!!

:lol: Rye

Where'd ya find the picture of Okie???

Dey found a picture of da ole coot Okie ? :(

Ya best git ta runnin'.

Most likely one of dim ZOMIES ! :blink:

Don't you dare try and kiss my hand!!!

:lol: Rye

Not evun wit bar-b-que sauce................. :P

CPBC

Chivalry Youngins nowadays don't know what it is. I always try hold doors,open doors, say Good morning or afternoon. Boy some of the looks I get from the younger ladys wow I am suprises I m not dead. The older ladies always let you know they appreciate the gesture. Old school works for me. Wow that the most I have since I join this here wire.

Congrats Sitting Duck ! :lol::lol:

Bottles, fetch us a couple glasses an a bottle of Bulleit ! ;)

"When the Moon hits your eye, like a big pizza pie, that's a moray..."

Ah, Amore!

Sorry, but when I read the title of this post my first thought was "Cheyenne gets irritated when he's gotta think!"

I'm a bit shy one-on-one (though I'm comfortable with public speaking) so I don't always look up at folks when I walk by. Sorry to anyone who has felt slighted by my introvertedness!

My biggest etiquette pet peeve is not removing your hat indoors. I give allowance when we're out in cowboy garb and there's no place to put a hat, but with most men wearing ball caps today (including me) it bugs me that they don't take it off when they walk into a building or when they sit down at a table. We've even got some young men that will wear their hats in to our church services!

OK, my rant's over too. You can go back to your reason for bein' irritated now!

Sorry, but when I read the title of this post my first thought was "Cheyenne gets irritated when he's gotta think!"

I'm a bit shy one-on-one (though I'm comfortable with public speaking) so I don't always look up at folks when I walk by. Sorry to anyone who has felt slighted by my introvertedness!

My biggest etiquette pet peeve is not removing your hat indoors. I give allowance when we're out in cowboy garb and there's no place to put a hat, but with most men wearing ball caps today (including me) it bugs me that they don't take it off when they walk into a building or when they sit down at a table. We've even got some young men that will wear their hats in to our church services!

OK, my rant's over too. You can go back to your reason for bein' irritated now!

I'm with you on the baseball caps.

Uncover indoors.

Welp, I've stepped in et a few times,,,wud rather step in et tho than miss a Lady's hand...

Iffn yu can't muster up a howdy for other shooters then I just feel plain sorry fer yuze!

What he says! :)

Archived