SASS Wire Forum

Florida Senator's Response about my Gun Control

I sent both my Senators an email voicing my opposition to any Gun Control bills......here is the response from the Democrat. A totally ridiculous email full of double speak.....

Dear
Mr. Whitaker:

Thank you for contacting me about policy proposals that seek to reduce gun
violence in the wake of the tragedy in Newtown.

I am a hunter and have always owned guns, and I support the Second Amendment.
But assault weapons such as AK 47s are intended for killing, not hunting.
Solutions for reducing gun violence must address many areas, from
protecting law enforcement and keeping weapons out of the hands of criminals, to
school safety, access to mental health services, and confronting a culture that
sometimes glorifies violence.

I support reinstating the assault weapons ban and restoring the 10-round limit
for ammunition magazines. And, I support universal background checks so that we
can know if person buying a weapon has a criminal record.

I appreciate hearing your views on this very important issue, and I will keep
them in mind. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future.

Sincerely,

Bill Nelson

P.S.
From time to time, I compile electronic news briefs highlighting key issues and
hot topics of particular importance to Floridians. If you'd like to receive
these e-briefs, visit my Web site and sign up for them at
http://billnelson.senate.gov/news/ebriefs.cfm

I can't ever remember going hunting with a firearm not designed to kill the game I was after.......

Stan

This is the type of politician that puts their disingenuous intentions on display every day.

They think the American people in general are generally too stupid to know that the Second Amendment was intended for self-defense…against thugs yes but more so against tyrannical government. And for those who tell us we don’t NEED AK47s or AR15s, I simply remind them that it’s called the Bill of RIGHTS not the Bill of NEEDS.

Senator Nelson (D) Florida is the personification of our primary adversary. He is representative of the type we must resolutely stand up to with an emphatic NO. Forget the logical discussion, they’re not interested in facts or truth and no amount of logic will dissuade them from their despotic zealotry. They’re afraid of the truth as the truth would reveal them for what they really are.

“Stemming gun violence” is only a catch phrase; a ruse. It’s a convenient, publicly acceptable excuse to implement increasingly tighter control over We the People.

Bottom Line: They’re ultimately interested in the same thing all aspiring tyrants have been throughout history—Power
and Control. It's up to us to stop them.

Yep, I received a similar one from Nelson.

Unfortunately he was just re-elected so we've got to put even more pressure on him in the next 5.5 years.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Real sick of this "I am a hunter" crap.

My response is "I'm not. Now what?"

I received a response from the "other" senator in our state, Sherrod Brown, one of the most liberal, anti-gun poly's to come down the pike! His response was a typical, "I support the 2nd. Amendment BUT blah..blah..blahh. Turns out he's a CO SPONSOR of Feinstien's AWB! That lyin' piece of crap!

Good thing we got Sen. Rob Portman, Republican and Life member of the NRA to cancel out Brown.

:angry: Rye

Archived