SASS Wire Forum

my plans for homemade strongmount

Cheyenne Culpepper 32827

Some folk have ask for my plans for a homemade strong mount for a reloading press, so here goes. No, I cannot send pics I forgot my connectors for the camera to computer.

for the base, a 2x6 10 1/2" long, put 3 pre-drilled screw holes countersunk or 3 bolt holes about 1" in from each end on both ends.

2-2x6s by 8" long (this will vary, all depending on the height you want it, I'm 6')

Mount the 8 inchers about 1 1/2" in from each end of the 10 1/2 incher, mount them with 3 3" screws predrilled and countersunk on each side from the bottom of the base plate. this will leave about 4" between the two uprights.

2x8 x 12" for the top, on the left side mount the top even with the backs of the uprights and 3 1/2" from the left side of the top to the left upright. (this will make a place for your bullet holder, I use the dillon bin that is 3 1/2 by 8 or so. this also makes a place for the finished cartridge holder to sit while hooked up.

Mount the top to the uprights using 3 3" screws pre-drilled and countersunk for each upright.

Mount the press using lag bolts. mount it 4" from the left side of the top plate, and about 1/2" from the front of the top plate. Idealy the lag bolts should go down into the uprights. though I have found the 1 1/2 to 2" lags bolts work fine...you can always go longer if they don't work well enuff.

again, I can not send pics.

Cheyenne, Purdy cheap Boy, Culpepper

------------------

I I

I I

-----------------

There it is!!!!! :P

------------------

I I

I I

-----------------

There it is!!!!! :P

Oh come on Purty Boy......thems the plans for dual paddle Pong. Maybe you should make a video game out of it. You'd probably make millions.

Oh come on Purty Boy......thems the plans for dual paddle Pong. Maybe you should make a video game out of it. You'd probably make millions.

It's PURDY!!!!! and who seys I dinn't..... :P

CPBC :lol:

Archived