SASS Wire Forum

We Can Do More

Pards lets start writing calling and emailing the NRA, SAF, GOA and other gun groups & urge them to contact Beretta, Colt, S&W and other gun or gun accessory & ammo manufacturers and urge them to move to gun friendly states such as AZ, NM, TX, UT, WY, LA, ETC. Also ask them to halt sales to any Federal agency and state or local agencies located w/in gun unfriendly states. A loss of jobs means a loss of votes.

We'll see this gun control crap come to a skidding halt once police chiefs, mayors and sheriffs start calling governors complaining that they can't buy ammo, guns, repair parts, or holsters & gun belts and labor unions complaining about the loss of jobs, and cities & counties start yelling about the loss of tax revenue.

We've been fighting this war the wrong way for years. The best way to win it is to hit the enemy hard, very hard right in their wallets & in the ballot box.

Col. Good post and everyone should follow through.

I've also advocated that approach. See my March column wherein I reinforce your suggestion--we've been on the same page for some time it appears!

I salute you Colonel for your involvement and cogent assessment of this battlefield and thank you for advocating that aggressive path.

We need millions more with your dedication and outlook!

SALUTE!

I agree...however...Hopefully we can first try to stop such needless anti-firearm legislation in the first place...so that many of these folks don't lose the jobs they have been doing for many years.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

GG, that's exactly what we've been doing wrong since 1968 & it didn't work in the past and it won't work in the future. You don't defeat the enemy at the bargaining table, you defeat them on the battlefield.

GG, that's exactly what we've been doing wrong since 1968 & it didn't work in the past and it won't work in the future. You don't defeat the enemy at the bargaining table, you defeat them on the battlefield.

Don't think you understand what my point was..I never mentioned anything about ' bargaining' or even compromise. We have to keep up the fight on ALL fronts. If we just move companies from one state to another and then eventually that state becomes anti- firearm causing the company to move again they might not find a firearm friendly state in the future. I support what the firearm companies are looking to do....but realistic that it is not a remedy in itself for the long term.

GG

The odds against certain states ever becoming anti gun are pretty high. Namely TX, AZ, UT, WY, FL, LA, MT, KY,& ID. All it would probably take is one major gun manufacturer to move from an anti to a pro gun state & the politicians in the other anti states would or should get the message very quickly. But that alone isn't going to cut the mustard. It's going to take the gun, ammo, & accessory manufacturers to stick together by stopping sales to agencies in states like CA, CO, MA, CN, NY & MY. And that includes federal agencies including the military.

Just how long do you think Bloomberg would stay anti gun when he had the NYCPD Commissioner reaming him a new one because he couldn't get ammo for his department & officers were quitting faster than they could throw their shields on his desk because crime was soaring through the rough and they weren't about to hit the streets unarmed.

We also have to put feet to words. If these companies are going to withhold sales we need to buy as much as we can. Within the past month I've bought a 357 revolver & a 40 S&W pistol, & just today 4 boxes of ammo that I didn't really need.

Nobody has to lose their job. They can always move with the company. Many companies prefer to keep their skilled labor when they move and will often pay all or part of the moving expense.

The odds against certain states ever becoming anti gun are pretty high. Namely TX, AZ, UT, WY, FL, LA, MT, KY,& ID. All it would probably take is one major gun manufacturer to move from an anti to a pro gun state & the politicians in the other anti states would or should get the message very quickly. But that alone isn't going to cut the mustard. It's going to take the gun, ammo, & accessory manufacturers to stick together by stopping sales to agencies in states like CA, CO, MA, CN, NY & MY. And that includes federal agencies including the military.

Just how long do you think Bloomberg would stay anti gun when he had the NYCPD Commissioner reaming him a new one because he couldn't get ammo for his department & officers were quitting faster than they could throw their shields on his desk because crime was soaring through the rough and they weren't about to hit the streets unarmed.

We also have to put feet to words. If these companies are going to withhold sales we need to buy as much as we can. Within the past month I've bought a 357 revolver & a 40 S&W pistol, & just today 4 boxes of ammo that I didn't really need.

Nobody has to lose their job. They can always move with the company. Many companies prefer to keep their skilled labor when they move and will often pay all or part of the moving expense.

Guess you aren't getting my point...yes...I already understand and have agreed with your points...and I stand by mine.

GG

The odds against certain states ever becoming anti gun are pretty high. Namely TX, AZ, UT, WY, FL, LA, MT, KY,& ID

All it would probably take is one major gun manufacturer to move from an anti to a pro gun state & the politicians in the other anti states would or should get the message very quickly. But that alone isn't going to cut the mustard. It's going to take the gun, ammo, & accessory manufacturers to stick together by stopping sales to agencies in states like CA, CO, MA, CN, NY & MY. And that includes federal agencies including the military.

This is a good plan. Even if a redistribution market emerged, where, someone in a friendly state started buying and reselling into NY, there would be a "tax" on the sale. The heftier the better. And, anyone with that much in the way of sales would be easy to spot.

Years ago, odds are Colorado would never become an anti gun state. But demographics change. The migration west from the liberal Northeast and weat coast changed the character of the major population centers in the state and we now have a Democrat controlled state government, gun control legislation being written and legal marijuana.

I would submit that no state is immune to this sociopolitical shift.

I would liketo think that politicians would get the message when gun companies move outbut the only thing they understand is the ballot box results.

As far as nobody has to lose their job, that's not realistic. People cannot always uproot their family and follow their job across the country. I know. It happened to me once. So some folks will in fact lose their jobs. They are the innocent victims of fear and ignorance.

We need to try to educate in order to fight the ignorance and inform to assuage the fear.

I don't think this gun control crap will ever come to a screeching halt. We will have to fight constantly as new brushfires pop up across the country.

I have begun writing to the companies who are standing up to the fear mongers. Magpul, Beretta, and anyone else who publicly states their intent to move to more friendly environments get an attaboy from me.

Their economic impact will effect the voters. The voters are our only hope.

Keep up the fight gentlemen. While we may occasionally disagree on tactict, we must present a united frontmto those who would destroy our Constitution paragraph by paragraph

I agree Bob. 10-15 years ago I heard Coloradoans complaining about all the Californians moving into their state. I thought to myself that's ok as long as you don't let them hold public office. We have a bunch of them that moved into Austin and it's now the most liberal city in the state. Fortunately they haven't been able to get elected to any state office with any controlling numbers.

Perhaps we need to get our legislature to pass a law saying a person cannot run for state office uless they've been a resident for 21 years. :lol:

Seriously Bob if I worked for Beretta and lost my job because the governor and my state rep & senator voted to pass outrageous gun laws, and the company closed it doors and moved to a more friendly state I would work my tail off to see that they never won another election. As far as people uprooting families and moving to other locations for their jobs, you served in the military and you know that every day people uprooted their families and moved. When I was in the AF the average tour of duty was 18 months at any given installation. I understand that the military has improved that somewhat and some troops spend their entire hitch at one assignment. Here in TX I've heard that state troopers usually don't buy a home until they land in their 3rd assignment because they can't figure on staying put for any length of time before then. People, specially younger kids adapt.

Screeching halt was a figure of speech. I agree that it probably won't happen like that because you can't get compines to work together and act together and that's what it takes.

All fronts needs to be at it....hope we can save the states. Again...'attaboy' is a nice encouragement for them to move - and shared by me....but the fight Must be on ALL fronts...

GG

Archived