SASS Wire Forum

Maryland - Beretta threatens to leave state

Gunner Gatlin, SASS 10274L

I was at the hearing when Mr. Reh made the statements reference in the article:

In testimony this month in Annapolis, Reh, who oversees the plant, warned lawmakers to consider carefully the company’s future. Reh pointed to the last time Maryland ratcheted up gun restrictions in the 1990s: Beretta responded by moving its warehouse operation to Virginia.

He also referenced the $35,000,000.00 (If I recall correctly) in business that Beretta would pull from the state. Virginia, where the Beretta warehouse is located, would welcome them with open arms (Pun Intended) and probably help foot the bill for the move.

Personally, I am surprised that they have lasted here as long as they did. If Maryland passes these laws, I hope they do move. Heck, I hope they take me with them and I don't even work for them!

Dogmeat Dad

Don't they supply the US Military with hand guns?

Yes they do. Most of our military carries The Beretta M92 as a sidearm.

Gunner there's already a thread about this. http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=201674

Yes they do. Most of our military carries The Beretta M92 as a sidearm.

Gunner there's already a thread about this. http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=201674

Beretta wasn't mentioned until a number posts down - figured I'd cut to the chase - thanks.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

In the meantime I saw on the local news that one of the town counsil members in Lake County FL has proposed sending letters of inquiry to all gun manufacturers in Gun Unfriendly states letting them know that Lake county is a Gun FRIENDLY County in a Gun FRIENDLY state. :FlagAm:

C'mon down, y'all. :D

Don't know if the Governor has done any courting but I'm guessing he has been.

The Counsil-person was a woman BTW.

I'll try to find video online.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Archived