SASS Wire Forum

Beretta moving?

Rye Miles #13621

I was at the hearing when Mr. Reh made the statements reference in the article:

In testimony this month in Annapolis, Reh, who oversees the plant, warned lawmakers to consider carefully the company’s future. Reh pointed to the last time Maryland ratcheted up gun restrictions in the 1990s: Beretta responded by moving its warehouse operation to Virginia.

He also referenced the $35,000,000.00 (If I recall correctly) in business that Baretta would pull from the state. Virginia, where the Baretta warehouse is located, would welcome them with open arms (Pun Intended) and probably help foot the bill for the move.

Personally, I am surprised that they have lasted here as long as they did. If Maryland passes these laws, I hope they do move. Heck, I hope they take me with them and I don't even work for them!

Dogmeat Dad

Voting with yer wallet is about all they can do. States like NY and MD don't seem to care, but then again, it is up to us to remind em we need good jobs more than laws that save nobody and ruin business.

Ask the former Marlin (CT) employees how they like NY gun laws. Oh wait, ya can't. NOT ONE of em accepted the deal to transfer....

I do wish those companies could find a way to move from CT, MA, NY, NJ, etc. Business atmosphere as well as gun atmosphere is so much better in other places....

***Nubbins***

Because of current and past politics. That's what she all boils down to.

Actually, it has to do more with the urbanization of those areas than anything else. More people live in the cities of those states than in the suburbs and rural areas. Once you cross that threshold, more Urban than Rural, there is an inevitable slide to the left. City-folk can't survive on their own without help, crime & drugs are rampant, guns are only seen as being used by criminals, and they need more assistance from the gov't just to survive.

I have watched the slow distruction of Maryland my whole life and it is getting noticibly worse every year. I suspect that Virginia is actually on the tipping point now and will fall to the Urbanites in the greater Washington, DC area sometime in the next two election cycles.

Dogmeat (Crying For America) Dad

Once you cross that threshold, more Urban than Rural, there is an inevitable slide to the left.

Not counting Austin, which is so liberal it will make your skin crawl, the big cities of Texas are leaning to the left rapidly. I think the impact on Texas firearms laws will be minimal but for most other things it's going to be very different around Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio in the years to come. Texas might not go blue but it will go purple very soon.

***Nubbins***

Archived