SASS Wire Forum

Danica ...so far so good at the 130 lap mark.

Go Danica!

Among the many commercials, you occasionally get to see some racing. Just watched 6 straight ads!!!!!

When the commercials arrive I catch up on the golf :D ....and grab another beer ;)

GG

She ain't doing too bad, must say better than I expected.

What a boring race though........so far.

CS

Yup...and yup...folks just seem to be lock & step so far.

GG

I don't get it. Did the wreck yesterday get into the heads of the drivers??

Where's the dueling? Where are the hard chargers? Where's the strategy??

I don't get it. Did the wreck yesterday get into the heads of the drivers??

Where's the dueling? Where are the hard chargers? Where's the strategy??

Race isn't over yet...we'll see.

GG

We'll see how the last pitstop goes. She's in 8th.

More 10th place finishes than anyone else in the sport........currently in 9th..........with 22 laps to go.......Sorry Danica, not today..... :(

Still..if she finishes in the top 10... right on.

GG

did any one watch the finish. she chocked on the last lap

So...she ended up Top 10...and my fav Dale Jr. ended 2nd.....this camper is happy enough.

GG

Patrick finished 8th, not too bad.

This was one of the most boring races I've ever watched. Didn't care too much for the coverage either.........of course it doesn't help that my driver got taken out early. If I wanted to watch 40 cars following each other, I'd go to a funeral.

CS

did any one watch the finish. she chocked on the last lap

Choked? Didn't look like it.

Got beat is all.

My Boy Jr almost pulled it off !

Danica ran good all day ,I think she earned some over do respect today .

Good Race .

I love the 500 .

It tells me summer is around the corner and I can get my Harley Back out ! :)

Found this bit about the crash yesterday in a story about the race: "There were 28 injuries, but only two people remained hospitalized and were stable." Good news, that.

Pretty consistent in the top 10 for Ms. Patrick. Good driving skills, it would seem. Wonder how she would do if she had the backing of Penske, Waltrip, or Roush? Most of her problems seem to be mechanical, not with her driving ability.

A great job of driving by the young lady. It's a shame that Biffle wouldn't take a chance or she mighta' finished on the podium.

I think she already had the respect of those drivers who know what it takes to compete. Part of the press corps and some of those who only watch to see the crashes may not have agreed, but she had already proved her mettle to those who count.

As far as the racing and this race in particular, Daytona has become more of a parade with the only real action happening in the pits on green flag stops, or when Krashalotsky wrecks someone. Some minor tweaking on the aero package and perhaps an enlargement of the restrictor plate openings and we could see some real racing! Even the two by two races were better by far than this!! :angry:

Way to go Danica! And you beat your boyfriend too!! :lol:

I wish I could have seen the race, no TV. Danica finishing in the top 10, ain't nothing to sneeze at.

Yes I would say she should have earned a lot of respect today, both from other drivers, and hopefully sponcers. Winning the pole, and lead lap money wont hurt her point standing either. I'd say watch this gal, it wont be long for her turn at the winners circle.

:)

Found this bit about the crash yesterday in a story about the race: "There were 28 injuries, but only two people remained hospitalized and were stable." Good news, that.

Pretty consistent in the top 10 for Ms. Patrick. Good driving skills, it would seem. Wonder how she would do if she had the backing of Penske, Waltrip, or Roush? Most of her problems seem to be mechanical, not with her driving ability.

She's driving for the same team that won the championship two years ago, (Stewart-Haas). She has the support of solid sponsors, perhaps the best R&D group in stock car racing, (Hendrick) and her cars are built by the winningest group in recent NASCAR history, (again, Hendrick). Between those two operations they placed five drivers in the chase for the championship last year. There are only twelve spots available. How good of a support team can you ask for??

Most of her problems have been being run over or crashed out by drivers who are not nearly as good as she is. She finished tenth in the Nationwide series last year driving for JR motorsports and was rewarded with the same ride for this year there.

I'm no race fan, all of them seem boring to me. oh look, it's a left turn coming up.....

And car drivers aren't athletes.

I'm no race fan, all of them seem boring to me. oh look, it's a left turn coming up.....

If you really believe that, ask any number of ATHLETES who've tried it (and mostly failed miserably) what they think after haveing tried to compete against these "Non athletes". You should know that many of these drivers are also distance runners, accomplished ball players with athletic scholarships to MAJOR colleges, scratch golfers and such! You should try 54 year old Mark Martin's daily workout.

I'm thinking you probably couldn't be any more wrong!! :wacko::unsure:

DP has no excuses today. Fastest car on the track...No traffic all day long....running third until the last few thousand feet.....she just coudn't get it done. She's a good driver and I'm still a huge fan, but she needs to "grow some" to seal the deal........

DP has no excuses today. Fastest car on the track...No traffic all day long....running third until the last few thousand feet.....she just coudn't get it done. She's a good driver and I'm still a huge fan, but she needs to "grow some" to seal the deal........

LOL!...what number car were you? ;)

GG

She's driving for the same team that won the championship two years ago, (Stewart-Haas). She has the support of solid sponsors, perhaps the best R&D group in stock car racing, (Hendrick) and her cars are built by the winningest group in recent NASCAR history, (again, Hendrick). Between those two operations they placed five drivers in the chase for the championship last year. There are only twelve spots available. How good of a support team can you ask for??

Most of her problems have been being run over or crashed out by drivers who are not nearly as good as she is. She finished tenth in the Nationwide series last year driving for JR motorsports and was rewarded with the same ride for this year there.

Thanks for the correction. I've just been looking at her sponsorship, which is by no means minor league. But it always strikes me as being just a touch below the very best. Looks like I've been off base.

If you are going to be driving a car at those speeds you better be in darned good shape. On the turns they experience 3 to 5 Gs for about 10 seconds or more - in about 120 degree heat - fighting those moderately stiff 5 layer suits - and having to keep smooth on wheel, brake, and throttle. Plus the vibration and noise beating you up (and, yes, sustained loud noise, even in those helmets and suits, take a physical toll on the body). AND having to concentrate on not only your own driving, but the others going 200 mph right along with you, maybe only a few inches off your car.

If you really believe that, ask any number of ATHLETES who've tried it (and mostly failed miserably) what they think after haveing tried to compete against these "Non athletes". You should know that many of these drivers are also distance runners, accomplished ball players with athletic scholarships to MAJOR colleges, scratch golfers and such! You should try 54 year old Mark Martin's daily workout.

I'm thinking you probably couldn't be any more wrong!! :wacko::unsure:

Thank you BD. Perhaps Hoss should try pulling some G's sometime. I'll betcha that Mark Martin (54 yrs old, 5'6" and all 155lbs of him) could kick most everyone in the Saloon's tail.....I wouldn't want to mess with him. Maybe he would like to call Carl Edwards a wimp.......face to face. The folks racing these days are athletes through and through.

CS

Oh look, it's another left turn coming up.

One of the most boring Daytona races I have ever seen. What does it say about this much-ballyhooed Gen-6 car if the only way to shake up the running order is with caution pit stops and restarts? There was absolutely NO passing during the entire debacle. Brian France, either fix your perpetual screw up, or get out of NASCAR, and don't let the door hit you where the Good Lord split you.

I'm sticking with NCAA baseball this year.

Archived