SASS Wire Forum

Things that tick me off about selling

Manatee

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For Sale: NIB, Rem XCR Tac Rifle, 300 Win Mag. See details specs and foto at: (http: yada yada yada). $1200 firm.

Email 1: How many rounds have been shot out of this gun?

Email 2: Do you have any details on the specifications?

Email 3: What is your best price?

Email 4: Will you take a Montgomery Wards Drill Press in trade? It doesn't work, but I'm sure you could fix it.

Response 1: Proof rounds were fired at the factory. No rounds have been fired since that time. At least not on this planet.

Response 2: Sure. The person who wrote the specs is a 57 year old Vietnamese woman who evacuated Saigon as a child. She attended Oxford University, is a member of the local Sea Turtle Preservation Society and volunteers her free time at the city food bank.

Response 3: Apparently, "firm" is not a very well understood term. That means, I've given you the minimum I will accept, in cash, for the rifle. Now, if you want to counter-offer an amount, that is up to you. But, I am not President Obama. I do not counter my own offers. Thank you for your reply. Please watch your step whilst disembarking the aircraft.

Response 4: No.

Shortly thereafter, the seller decided to keep the rifle and leave instructions with his attorney that, in the event of his death, the rifle should be melted down.

Manatee...perhaps your best and most prolific diatribe Ever

Keep up the good work!

Pages of Posts selling nothing! Using up forum resources and bumping adds off of the top!

Someone move this over to the Saloon where it should have been posted!

You aren't serious , are you?

If you are serious, you must be a Democrat

WILD WILLI, PLEASE READ YOUR SIGNATURE LINE, THEN LOOK IN THE MIRROR.

Goody, Re your sig line Will Rogers quote, What about those of us, at the tender age of about 6, have their big brother tell them to pee on the electric fence?

Willi appears to be queen of the moderator fairies for a day or two. The problem isn't that this thread is irritating him. The PROBLEM is that this thread is irritating him and he thinks I care.

that's almost as good as someone logging onto a post and then just putting,,,,nevermind,,,

cc

If you ride on the Jungle Cruise at Disneyland, you go by a waterfall...then later in the ride you go on the Back side of the Waterfall. Cool on a Hot day.

Please forward side, front, and back view pics of the water!

Manatee and all

Thanks for the using up of 15 minutes I will never get back!! NEVER MIND :D:D:D Worth IT, kick Ass Mule

I came on this forum to buy some things; got to reading this thread; forgot what it was that I had in mind to buy; so now--any of ya'll got any idea what it was that I started out to look for in this forum??? <_<

Well, the Remington is sold. A banker came by today and bought it. At least I think he did. At the same time he was talking to me, this Neanderthal-lookin Hoosier pulled up in a tow truck and towed my truck away....

...I thought I was current on payments?....

anyway, the banker said my rifle was real nice and no, he didn't need any holy water, but he did need a set of 40 S&W dies, so I sold him a set of Dillons along with the rifle. If he tries to reload that rifle for .40 SW, he's gonna have problems. But, I'm just the sales guy. Caveat emptor and carpe diem and all that.

I need my truck! Where the heck did that thing go?

Well, the Remington is sold. A banker came by today and bought it. At least I think he did. At the same time he was talking to me, this Neanderthal-lookin Hoosier pulled up in a tow truck and towed my truck away....

...I thought I was current on payments?....

anyway, the banker said my rifle was real nice and no, he didn't need any holy water, but he did need a set of 40 S&W dies, so I sold him a set of Dillons along with the rifle. If he tries to reload that rifle for .40 SW, he's gonna have problems. But, I'm just the sales guy. Caveat emptor and carpe diem and all that.

I need my truck! Where the heck did that thing go?

I've got a truck fer sale, but dunt ast fer no pics!

CPBC

Ah gotta confess, I peed on the electric fence. Seemed like a good idea at the time. That's when I got the nickname "Lightnin" Max!

P.S. Manatee I ain't bought a shootin' iron in 'bout a week, whachoo got fer sale agin?

danget awl, I taint the britest star in tha sky, but I evun new not tuu pee on no lectric fence!!!! :blink: got a pic of yuze face az yu wur doin et???? :o:P

CPBC

It's the dangdest thang, Max. If'n you wanna riffle, there's a purty good chance at findin' one unless it's black, or plastic, or starts with a "A".

I saw this CZ what came in the other day. Mannlicher stock. Purty dang gun. But the dang gun shop boys is paintin that Turkish walnut black and hangin a picatinny rail on it with some kinda weedeater on the front end.

No pics though.

Manatee, although I'm not interested in your water, I feel it my obligation to inform your potential buyers that your price is high and once I have done so, I'm sure a bunch of others (who are also not interested in buying your water) will back me up. By the time I get through with you, you won't be able to give water away. It'll be as if you could find it flowing out of the ground.

BTW, in case you didn't know, I'm a self proclaimed water collector and therefore more qualified to appraise water than anybody...even though they might claim to have been drinking it all their life. I do regret that I was unable to be the first to post after you listed the water as I could have cut off your water before a conversation ensued. You might as well give up. You're not selling any water on my turf. Besides, isn't there a no water selling rule on here? I'm pretty sure there is. If there isn't, there should be. As for the foolishness going on, it's time to stop it as well. After all, we're a completely serious bunch. I know I am. Stop it!

Anybody know where I can get a saddle for a dog? I've got a monkey I'm gonna teach to ride a dog and herd sheep. Anybody know what the the dog, saddle, monkey and sheep are worth? I'm not interested in breaking them up. The monkey really likes the dog...although the dog is not overly fond of the monkey.

To anyone interested in buying water: I'll beat Manatee's deal by 10%.

Please be aware that Buck's "discounted" water has been flushed through his kidneys...at least once.

(and he'd probly charge extra for the stones).

Well Mom always said if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all. Sorry I've bit my tongue long and hard to the point I think its bleeding. I was once told that I couldn't sell here for I was acting like a dealer and if I continued I would be bared from the sight. So I quit selling almost anything I had here for other forums welcome me without a problem. They realized I was not a dealer. But the same person that told me I could not sell is a dealer and is selling out his stock on here and no one is saying a thing. Once a dealer always a dealer weather your opening a shop or closing a shop. So with that being said I'm sure I will receive another private message and be told I'm wrong again. But I had to open my mouth. My tongue is really getting sore.

Deacon Stone

I have a saddle that will fit your Dog. I bought a large purse for my wife many years ago...the top part which opens is a perfect saddle if the dog is smaller that a Collie or Golden Lab.

Will trade for bricks of .22 Long Rifle Hollow Points- hi speed.

Jake

Well Mom always said if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all. Sorry I've bit my tongue long and hard to the point I think its bleeding. I was once told that I couldn't sell here for I was acting like a dealer and if I continued I would be bared from the sight. So I quit selling almost anything I had here for other forums welcome me without a problem. They realized I was not a dealer. But the same person that told me I could not sell is a dealer and is selling out his stock on here and no one is saying a thing. Once a dealer always a dealer weather your opening a shop or closing a shop. So with that being said I'm sure I will receive another private message and be told I'm wrong again. But I had to open my mouth. My tongue is really getting sore.

Deacon Stone

Deacon: There are some fellers on this site that have a closet in their bedroom attached to Narnia's gun shop. I ain't never seen so many "personal" guns in a collection. 42 different scopes...and all produced within the last 2 years. Rifles up the wazoo.

But, they "ain't in the bizness". I think their bizness is: Givin us the bizness.

My feelin' on it is you got somethin' you want the fellers to have first crack at, put it on the SASS classifieds. Now, if you got yer name next ta 20 threads...well, mebbe ya oughta spread out your Cowboy Karma over a few weeks.

But, whaddaiknow?

I got this humdinger of a 22 belt made especially by El Paso. Holds double rows of 22's. Great leather. Beoooootiful.

But, I ain't gonna put in on this here site because I'm trying ta sell holy water and it wouldn't be fair fer me ta take up all them electrons.

Things That Tick Me Off About Buying -

No pictures - photobucket is acting up.

No pictures - my camera is on the fritz.

I've seen photobucket down for a few minutes now and then, and every household in the US has half a dozen cameras. Between my daughter and I... cameras, phones, old phones, Web cams ... there are at least eleven around here. If by some miracle, you don't have a camera, your neighbor has a dozen.

Is that water still available?

I need to know the actual PH. Can you have the lab work done before I buy it? Oh, how old is it?

I don't think the "H" in the water is what you should be concerned with.

Well ifin its confession time here goes, my best friend growin up Larry and I is harassing Mrs Barnfathers Turkeys in the pen you know the kind of pen chicken wire base 2 feet off the ground to allow poop to fall through! well durring our harranging of them birds one gets caught in the fencing, and we figured we caused it, we better fix it before the old gal comes out and then tells Pop we were doing it again. So in we go and free it up and there in the pen is the high voltage ultra violet tubes and sockets so Larry tells me that if in you pee on it it will make an awsome buzzing noise it do and when I was able to stand Larry was no where to be found. Apparently he had done this and figured to pass on the experience covered in Turkey Poop and every muscle aching hobble home to get my ass wuped for messing with the neighbors flock. KA Mule

NEVERMIND

Well ifin its confession time here goes, my best friend growin up Larry and I is harassing Mrs Barnfathers Turkeys in the pen you know the kind of pen chicken wire base 2 feet off the ground to allow poop to fall through! well durring our harranging of them birds one gets caught in the fencing, and we figured we caused it, we better fix it before the old gal comes out and then tells Pop we were doing it again. So in we go and free it up and there in the pen is the high voltage ultra violet tubes and sockets so Larry tells me that if in you pee on it it will make an awsome buzzing noise it do and when I was able to stand Larry was no where to be found. Apparently he had done this and figured to pass on the experience covered in Turkey Poop and every muscle aching hobble home to get my ass wuped for messing with the neighbors flock. KA Mule

NEVERMIND

Now, THAT IS FUNNY!

CPBC

All the guns I have sold, was "see it 1st,then send the $ or send it back, I pay the shippin" Because I got royaly took on a Chap. 76 and the guy would NOT send my $ back!! Only one other buy was not Quite right, but cheap enough I could fix it.All the rest buy and sell have been great!

Parson

Manatee, First I want to thank you for the morning laugh. Second I would like all the naysayers to know that you are a true SASS member. You have helped me and many others out with our bad eyes and the Banana Boat sells. I enjoyed the posting and will tell anyone who could not see the humor in it that they need to purchase bigger shorts. The ones they are wearing are putting too much pressure on them and causing the bad attitudes.

There is one member here that will ask for pictures on everything sold and I have yet to see a I'll take it from him. Still Laughing Fairshake

Archived