SASS Wire Forum

MEC Super Sizer

Yusta B.

I use a MEC Grabber. Most rounds pass the chamber checker after reloading. Can I use the Super Sizer after the round is loaded? This would be for down sizing the loaded rounds that don't fit into the chamber checker.

I have just got one the shells just fly out of my SKB . Works very well. Bama Kid

Bama,

Were you having much trouble before you got the Super Sizer ?

For me, the super sizer is a must. I buy once-fired hulls and they come out of many different guns. I find that once I reload and fire from my gun, it is not as critical to run them through the sizer but I am in the habit of doing it as a 1st step to reloading SG rounds.

Guest Bama Kid 9699

Yes you can run them after they are loaded. I was having trouble with about 1/2 of my shells coming out of my SKB now they fly out. Works great. Bama Kid

Thank you Bama Kid!

I use a MEC Grabber. Most rounds pass the chamber checker after reloading. Can I use the Super Sizer after the round is loaded? This would be for down sizing the loaded rounds that don't fit into the chamber checker.

The Grabber already has the super sizer in it.

I use a Grabber also. It sizes in position 1.

If my reloader did not have one with it. I WOULD get one.

They don't cost that much. It does not take much time.

But it sure can save you some time on the clock.

I agree with Anvil Al - and - the above posts.

Nothing more frustrating than being on the clock - and having

a hull (or 2) hang up!!! tick tick tick.

- Just my dos centavos.

One thing to remember is they are clearly marked "do not resize loaded or primed shells"

And yes, I ignore that warning like many do and have had no problems.

I "presize" all of my hulls with a Super Sizer cuz I do not know what they were previously shot out of. Then run them through my Sizemaster which has the same device as part of it. Seems to make the reloading press a little smoother to run as well as they fall out of the gun very easily.

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

The Grabber already has the super sizer in it.

I use a Grabber also. It sizes in position 1.

If my reloader did not have one with it. I WOULD get one.

They don't cost that much. It does not take much time.

But it sure can save you some time on the clock.

Sometimes when I load with the Grabber; shotshells do not fit in the chamber checker. I have the sizer on the Grabber all the way up to size it the smallest without breaking the sizer. This is why I am thinking about resizing after the shotshell is loaded.

I load on a Grabber but bought a super sizer so my grandson can help me load.he runs all the hulls through the super sizer.

I reload on a Mec 650 that did not size the brass. My double barrel chambers are funneled, and it was causing the brass to swell at the bottom of the case. They would shoot fine in my double but would give me chambering problems when I switched guns and tried to shoot them in my 97. The Super Sizer fixed all that and works great resizing the brass back to factory spec.

Sometimes when I load with the Grabber; shotshells do not fit in the chamber checker. I have the sizer on the Grabber all the way up to size it the smallest without breaking the sizer. This is why I am thinking about resizing after the shotshell is loaded.

Have used mine for 7 years and never had a problem.

Archived