SASS Wire Forum

An interesting idea

Chantry

On another a shooting forum, a poster made a suggestion that may have
merit.

For those of you living in a closed primary state, register as a Democrat.
This will enable you to vote for a pro-gun Democratic candidate or at worst vote
against the Democratic candidate that is more anti-gun.

My comments. Here in CT we are fortunate to have enough pro-gun Democrats in
the legislature, that under normal circumstances, are able to defeat anti-gun
legislation a vast majority of the time. I recognize that gun control is not
strictly a Democrat vs Republican issue and it is important to remember that
there are Democrats out there that are on the gun owner's side.

Whilst the idea might be interesting, do you really want to be solicited for funds by the dumbocraps?

On dem vs rep issue, how many anti gun legislations have been put forth by republicants?

I cannot think of a single one ! So from my side of the fence it is obvious that it is a dem vs repub.

With more defecting dems than repubs.

If the potus were a repub, do you think the dems would be so emboldened to put forth this legistlation ?

Perhaps so but it would be harder to prevail.

Whilst the idea might be interesting, do you really want to be solicited for funds by the dumbocraps?

On dem vs rep issue, how many anti gun legislations have been put forth by republicants?

I cannot think of a single one ! So from my side of the fence it is obvious that it is a dem vs repub.

With more defecting dems than repubs.

If the potus were a repub, do you think the dems would be so emboldened to put forth this legistlation ?

Perhaps so but it would be harder to prevail.

Here in CT the Democrats have a super majority in both the Senate and the House, which they have had for years. So it is some of the Democrats here in CT that have been protecting gun owners.

Yes, I think they would have put forth the legislation regardless. Most of the Federal legislation is coming from long time gun control proponents who are trying to use the Aurora and Newtown tragedies to push thins through while they can. I would have no faith in Romney to veto such a bill if he had become President.

Sarah Brady is a republican, as are many of her supporters.

And unless you plan on moving out of CO, you might want to start thinking about finding Democrats who support guns, because CO is heading toward being a blue state.

Archived