SASS Wire Forum

Patch Popper!

Rancho Roy

I saw somewhere a reference to a "Patch Popper". A simple device to hold cleaning patches under control and not flying all over the range or your cleaning bench.

I don't have a dog in this fight. I have no financial interest, but when I see something I think others can use, I feel it's my duty to post it.... :D

I ordered a couple of them from Arizona Sharp Shooters ( bpsteve@cox.net ).... www.arizonasharpshooters.com (It doesn't show up, on the "products" page. It is at the bottom of the home page)

They arrived today and I'm here to tell ya they are the neatest little gizmos I've seen in a long time. Very simple but a perfect solution to a PITN problem. Turn the little knob and a patch simply pops up. One cylinder for wet, one for dry. It just don't get any better!

$75 + $13 Shipping......

Paul Hurd is the source and I imagine you could also order directly from him.

DSC_5019-vi.jpg

DSC_5020-vi.jpg

DSC_5024-vi.jpg

DSC_5023-vi.jpg

Great idea except all my patches are square.

That's what I was thinkin.

Great idea except all my patches are square.

Yeah, me too. I use those 2 1/2" square Military heavy twill, brushed cotton patches made for Garand and M14 and other .30+ caliber arms. They work well for .38Special, 9mm, etc. and my .45acp/.45-70, too. I cut them in quarters to use in .223/.22 (a bit tight; clip the corners a teeny bit).

I've wondered about a "dispenser" like this gadget for those square patches. My thinking was along the lines of a playing card shoe, springloaded from underneath, but this gadget looks like it will work pretty well and dispenses wet patches, too. Square plastic tubing is available out there, too; I wonder if they've ever considered making a square one for standard square patches?

Thanks for showing this; it's pretty cool.

Cat Brules

Archived