SASS Wire Forum

Sass clubs near Bitterroot Valley MT

Relic 59682

The closest would be a non SASS club in Missoula.The closest SASS club is in Ennis or maybe Idaho.The Missoula club has some great folks,but the range they are on has some stupid target distance rules; and is more like long range cowboy shooting.So I've been told.I've never shot there,but have shot with some of the folks in that club.Good people.Where are you located?

Well we started to look at the bitteroot valley to relocate. My daughter is in Bozeman and she says if we move closer she will take care of us in our old age,ha ha . Anyway starting to look at Montana. We have mules donkeys and Lab dogs, so we need to be rural. Wow for a state as big as mt its sure hard to find afforable place. So Charley, I dont have a place yet. Just looking.

Relic-Like Charlie says Missoula would be the closest, they are not SASS affiliated but do have a cowboy shoot there that seems well attended, I have been to that shoot a half dozen times or so, great guys to shoot with, you should check it out. Also like Charlie says they have small targets, but to make up for it they move them further away! Lots of fun but not exactly what SASS shooters have come to expect.

There are several other options in the area, Bigfork has a good shoot every month, I shoot over there a few times a yr if I can. Sage Creek Gus, Billy Two Hairs, and Bodie Camp are several of their go to guys. Gus is a master at building interesting action targets. Eureka has a good shoot but is further away, have heard nothing but good about it but haven't made it yet myself.

My club in Noxon MT (Rocky Mt Rangers) would be a fair drive for you as well but we get lots of shooters from the Missoula area. We have a two day shoot every month and one reason it is popular is because folks like to come and camp, shoot, enjoy themselves for the wknd. We also pride ourselves in having target sizes and stages similar to what you might expect at a state or regional shoot.

Hope to see you this yr in Noxon

Doc

Archived