SASS Wire Forum

Chicago PD Chief Believes MORE Gun Control is the Answer

John E. Law

http://www.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?page=22995&external=1972403.proteus.fma

500 murders last year 47 in January alone and he still thinks more gun control is the answer? You will never be able to change these guys opinions.

JEL

I live locally and I have been saying it forever..........the law dawgs here just don't get it. They could outlaw ALL guns in Illinois and the criminals will still have the same guns they have today. It's really simple....if Illinois would install some CC law then maybe someone would think twice about approaching you with a firearm. Glad I don't live in Crook County where all this gun hooha eminates from. Just sayin'

Howdy,

It's usless to try and change minds from Chicago. The best bet is to lobby in Springfield. With the federal courts having already ruled that Illinios must change its concelled carry law in the next 4 months, that's where the effort should go. Once the state has a fair carry law, expect Chicago to violate that. Then the city can be taken to court and forced to obey.

All the news from the city is not bad though. The Mayor and Police have called for stricter peniltis for gun crimes, also truth in senticing laws that would force the DA's office to charge criminals with stiffer jail time and no parole.

Most police chiefs are hired or promoted to that position and work at the discretion of the mayor or city council or city manager and are expected to parrot the views of the current administration. So I usually ignore anything they have to say on the subject of gun control. I put more in store in what the every day street cop, the rank & file, my brothers & sisters in blue has to say on the subject, which is usually pro gun.

Now, the county sheriff is an elected official who works at the discretion of the voters in his/her county. The two sheriffs of the heaviest populated counties in this area have both publicly stated on TV that they will not order their deputies to confiscate guns from law abiding citizens. In fact the sheriff of Midland County where I reside went further to say "anybody who tried to take guns from his home would have hell to pay."

Archived