SASS Wire Forum

Why carry a 1911 ? Because life's too short to carry

Rooster Ron Wayne

The are some small and light carry guns out there .

I carry my SR 1911 Because life's too short to carry an ugly gun..

I shoot a 1911 good .

With a good heavy belt and a good holster you can carry a full size 1911 easy.

What is your Primary carry gun ?

And why ?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After GG's post on 9mm defensive got pulled by the mods, I reckon I won't say. :unsure:

The are some small and light carry guns out there .

I carry my SR 1911 Because life's too short to carry an ugly gun..

I shoot a 1911 good .

With a good heavy belt and a good holster you can carry a full size 1911 easy.

What is your Primary carry gun ?

And why ?

Yup, life is too short to let someone else comment on what I should carry. I would never consider a 1911 for a carry gun. Too many other great options today to have to carry that old ugly 100 year old design.

After GG's post on 9mm defensive got pulled by the mods, I reckon I won't say. :unsure:

Really on a web sight about shooting and guns .

You can not talk about what kind of gun you like to carry ?

REALLY Really really !

By you asking, it indicates you have doubts on your selection of a 1911 style'!!!

Not Good!!

I have NO Doubts about the 1911.

I was just wondering what other cowboys used for a carry pice.?

I will take my BEAUTFUL 100 year old design gun over a new Plastic gun any day of the week.

I was not posting to git in a PISSING match with any one about what is a better carry gun or not .

It was just a Qustion of what you like to carry and why ?

REALLY Really really !

When we have that beer we can talk about it.

GG

Dawnt let them tederfeets roust you. You doing good. I carry an Officers Model sized Colt 1911 most of the time. For t-shirt and Speedo days I carry the new Kahr P380 and on kayaking trips I carry my Bond Arms 2 shooter. When I go out on the trail I carry a full size 1911 and a Ruger Mini 14 but when things are really dark and quite and I think that I heard a zombie waling in the distance I grab for the big AR and the Taurus 92 Hi-Cap. The other 95 or so in the safe are usually fer back-ups or cowboying! They is a million ways this ole world can bite you on the butt so it is best to have a million and one ways to deal with them and I am working on just thet plan.

PS: If it were about pretty guns we would all be carying '62 Model Colt Police revolvers! Purtiest thang since Gail Russel batted her eyes at the young Duke!

The biggest reason to go about armed is that we live in an uncertain world and if we need help we must supply it. That being said no one in a gun fight ever complained about their gun being to large or having to much ammo. I don't care what you carry only that you carry. I carry a handgun because a cop is too big.

I am issued a Kimber 1911 at work but I carry a Colt Lighweight Commander...I also carry a Glock 36 in an ankle holster as a backup.

Men of a certain age and disposition will always recognize the 1911 for what it is. Many younger men also learn about them and cherish them.

That being said, the world has many fine revolvers and pistols. I've recently come to find a certain pleasure in the H&K P2000 with a LEM trigger.

We are never too old to attempt the new or too young to respect the great designs of the past.

REALLY Really really !

That was my impression based on what the mods said about GGs thread on self defense ammo. Then the thread went away. Must be something new because it's never been a problem before. :unsure:

That was my impression based on what the mods said about GGs thread on self defense ammo. Then the thread went away. Must be something new because it's never been a problem before. :unsure:

It should NOT be a problem/issue now either. :angry:

Benn pak'n a 1911 for over 40 yrs. Ain't stopping now..........

LG

LG

Right...and my thread was in the Saloon. Guess some rules are for some people and not not for others. Nothing new I reckon ;)

GG

I carry a Bersa 383DA because it's small, easy to conceal, reliable & packs a good little punch. It fits right in my kidney or in a crossdraw in front & is invisible under a t-shirt in summer. My 1911s are too bulky & heavy to carry, especially in the summer.

Holler

I am glad to see some response on this topic.

I have had and carryed a 1911 for menay years.

I love the single action trigger .

The gun points and shoots great for me.

I have other pocket guns .

I have a Colt mustang pocketlite 380 .( aka mini 1911 )

I even have a plastic KelTec, I will carry as a back up gun.

I carry any one of my four 1911s my primary CCW gun.

Like my uncle Terry says I carry a 45 because they dont make a 46.LOL

I have my Grand Dads 1911A1 Remington Rand and it still shoots flawlessly.

When I know i am going some were that things might get scarry ,I have comfort in knowing I have my 1911 with me.

My best Friend is a Bail bond agent .

So as a side job I am a fugitive recovery agent and we have gone in drug house's and some pretty scarry places

To git the bond jumper .

I can tell you this for shure that big crome shinny gun on your side or in your hand

is pretty intimidating to the bad guy you are after.

I respect any caliber and any firearm .

I prefer to carry a 1911 .

Bond two shooter, .357. Or a Witness 9mm with 16 in it. or, when I care enough to send the very best, a Springfield 1911 A1 US model. Depends on the clothing involved.

All with hollowpoints so big they could be used as ashtrays.

I do hope everyone is prepared fer the day that the feds come and take those from us. I now have a really nice pair of '60 model Avenging Angels in waiting to become the primary carry, at least until they git outlawed to! Wonder how well a pair of the little .31 Colt Colt Dragoons, converted to micro Angels, would stand in for the new breed of micro .380s during that short interim before they revert us back to nunchucks?

After having a S&W 4026 on my side as a Detective for many many years and having it pull my pants down a few times, (thank goodness not where seen by others and when chasing folks a few times), I won't carry something that heavy ever again. :blush: I have something very, very light from now on :lol:

LG

Dang Lumpy you is old!

Springfield 1911 or S&W Chief's Special depending on time of year. I've been thinking about getting a Ruger LCR though, maybe with one of those fancy dancy laser thingies.

Dang Lumpy you is old!

Springfield 1911 or S&W Chief's Special depending on time of year. I've been thinking about getting a Ruger LCR though, maybe with one of those fancy dancy laser thingiesMaybe, I'll be 62 in March.........But, I'm still as pretty as my picture. :P

Maybe, I'll be 62 in March.

Howsomever, I'm still as pretty as my picture.......... :lol::P

LG

Archived