SASS Wire Forum

CA Police Chief: Guns Are Not a Defensive Weapon

serving justice

Would any retired or current officers like to respond to this, i just want to be clear - you use your weapons for what?

Do you see what we are battling here.... I think he ate to many Crayons when he was kid

Serving Justice

Not a law officer in an capacity.

-------------

Remember that most Police Chiefs are elected to their office. This makes them more like politicians than law enforcers.

I would think and hope that most of the rank and file are more like us than the political driven chiefs.

They may keep their opinions in reserve while in uniform to keep their job.

Not a law officer in an capacity.

-------------

Remember that most Police Chiefs are elected to their office. This makes them more like politicians than law enforcers.

I would think and hope that most of the rank and file are more like us than the political driven chiefs.

They may keep their opinions in reserve while in uniform to keep their job.

He actually served as a uniform officer for years - he suppose to retire soon, but not soon enough

Can you imagine the liability he just opened his agancy to if they get involved in a shooting??

I can just see the defense now, "But your chief claims your firearm is not for defense so you must have been using it on my client as an offensive manner!" I'd hate to be in their shoes.

JEL

Tell that to the lady down in Georgia where the bad guy cornered her and her kids in her house!

You mean the one she shot with all 6 of the rounds she had and then he got up walked out and drove away??

What would happen if he continued coming?

Why do you need that much ammo?? To Stop The Threat/Threats!

If they'red been another assailant then she and her kids would be dead.

Not all threats go down with multiple hits. High cap mag bans are bad!

JEL

They are probably playing this in East Los Angeles and getting a good laugh.

Can you imagine the liability he just opened his agancy to if they get involved in a shooting??

I can just see the defense now, "But your chief claims your firearm is not for defense so you must have been using it on my client as an offensive manner!" I'd hate to be in their shoes.

JEL

Exactly what I was thinking.

You mean the one she shot with all 6 of the rounds she had and then he got up walked out and drove away??

What would happen if he continued coming?

Why do you need that much ammo?? To Stop The Threat/Threats!

If they'red been another assailant then she and her kids would be dead.

Not all threats go down with multiple hits. High cap mag bans are bad!

JEL

She should have used some of those illegal "assault bullets". They would have probably vaporized the assailant in one shot.

Archived