SASS Wire Forum

Help with a Senator's letter

Big Domino

I had not written my Congressional representatives in about 30 years but lately I've felt the need to be more involved than just voting and bitching. So, I filled out the Ruger form and sent it in and then followed up with more personal emails to certain representatives.

I was both amazed and impressed that I received back responses from a handful of them already. Most were just the "Thank you for your concern and I promise to look into it" sort of thing... but the response from Senator Hirono simply begs for a rebuttal. I know the old brick wall argument thing but I find it hard not to write back.

I can post her letter but the gist of it is this:

"I was proud to join 20 of my colleagues in the Senate in support of S. 150, the Assault Weapons Ban Act of 2013. S. 150 would ban semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices. The bill was introduced by Senator Feinstein (D-CA) on January 24, 2013. I am also a cosponsor of S. 2, the Sandy Hook Elementary School Violence Reduction Act which was introduced by Senator Harry Reid (D-NV) on January 23, 2013."

We all know that the last AWB did nothing to actually lessen crime but other than just saying "nuh-uh" where can I find sourced statistics showing this? I can use FBI and CDC reports but I've never actually seen the reports. I guess my main question... does anyone know of a listing that doesn't have a perceived bias so as to become unusable? I know the NRA has stats out the Wazzoo but merely mentioning the NRA to a Democrat makes them go into a moronic coma.

Thanks,

JD

Thanks for the replies. I'm doing my best to not come across as some raving lunatic when talking about my love of outdoor sports so I figure I better have real numbers and studies to back me up.

JD

Archived