SASS Wire Forum

To All in California

Subdeacon Joe

I sent this to my member of the Assembly and State Senator:

Dear (insert honorific and name)

I feel that with the emotion driven hysteria sweeping our state and nation we need even more protections for our civil rights. To that end, please introduce as soon as possible a bill similar to this to protect our civil rights:

Revised Code to prohibit any agency and its employees and agents from seizing or authorizing the seizure of any firearm from any person lawfully in possession or control of the firearm except when a law enforcement officer reasonably believes the immediate seizure of the firearm is necessary for the safety of the officer or another person or to preserve the firearm as evidence, to prohibit the establishment of a firearm registry, and to prohibit law enforcement officers and international agents from enforcing a firearms registration requirement or firearm ban.

See the full text here: http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/bills.cfm?ID=130_SB_36

Cordially,

If we ALL do this, especially those who live in districts with Legislators who support civil rights, we may be able to turn the tide.

Doing nothing accomplishes nothing. Gotta give it a good try.

Archived