SASS Wire Forum

- - - - Movie Review - - - -

Wolfgang, SASS #53480

Just watching a movie I was given at Xmas. Old 1940 vintage "Arizona" . . . with Jean Arthur and William Holden ( how did he ever look that young ? ) . . . . . Anyhow . . the story is typical old time Hollywood Western . . . but wagons, settings, character actors, background, live stock, etc. . . are all FANTASTIC. A really fun Old West Movie. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Arizona-Jean-Arthur/dp/B009M4KTRO/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1360764381&sr=1-1&keywords=Arizona

Wolfie, check out The Big Trail with John Wayne...maybe 1930 or so. Looks at all the good stuff they had before everyone got into the buiness of making copies...and check the Indian village and the snow storm and the river crossing and the trees and...and...and...it's all just fantastic and nary a computerized effect anywhere.

Yep, Forty!!

That ol' flick is where it's at!! And it was considered a failure???

I do love my blu-ray copy of The Big Trail!

I watched it for the first time when I was in the hospital last year, and at two o'clock in the morning, I had a nurse and a blood tech watching it with me! They were both amazed at the movie. I don't think either one of those youngsters knew they made movies back then!

BTW, one of them commented on "...how hot John Wayne is!!"

Archived