Upload the avatar from your computer

You should be good to go

BH

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW !

I like it .

I think if you give it a chance you will like it .

OK then. Figured out how to get to last post, forum appears faster, it looks ok, fixed my avatar....life is good!
Next up is getting to WR!

Guest Texas Jack Black

Looks like this site was designed at a Walmart store. Where do they get these Web designers. ? Pale blue against a white background.Even a rookie knows not to do this.

Cheers

It works pretty good.... But I do miss the the little box at the bottom of the page that would let you jump directly to another forum

I wanted to "like" your post; but was told I'd reached my quota of positive posts for the day. That was my first time trying to like something. :blink::wacko:

Looks like this site was designed at a Walmart store. Where do they get these Web designers. ? Pale blue against a white background.Even a rookie knows not to do this.

Cheers

It's made by Intuit. I know several boards that use this same format.

It's made by Intuit. I know several boards that use this same format.

Which is short for "intuitive" (which means it should be relatively easy to figure out by even the most challanged)

It's running a lot faster and that is a BIG improvement over the last couple of weeks. Having all the tools to post on a thread at the bottom of the thread is very nice, and getting around is simple. Having avatar's next to the thread on the main page is kinda cool. If you's ugly, I ain't gonna read your post.

I'm not a big fan of the color combination, sorta bland. But I sure don't miss the DeLorean.

If you's ugly, I ain't gonna read your post.

Awwwww! I still read yours! :P

I like:

1) Emoticons work by just clicking on them while using Chrome....whereas in the past the characters had to be typed...and retyped if a post was edited.

2) While posting, I can scroll up to read the OP and all other posts thereafter. Forgetful minds still like to know...what he said that we're replying to. :)

3) The way read posts are marked. Very easy to pick out.

4) The way PM's work.

5) The way avatars are shown by posts

6) I'm guessing there will be other things regarding fomatting, etc. that I'll discover that I like later.

Am I missing something or have we lost the ability to post video from Youtube? :(

On my wishlist:

The ability to post images directly. I realize that it occupies space and there would need to be limits, but I think it'd help out many pards use the classified section. I'd be okay with photos "expiring" after a period of time.

About having images expire, you will find this line in the information at the top of the page.

"All postings are deleted after 30 days."

I think it means all posting over 30 days old will be deleted.

Not exactly, it means that if there is no activity (posts) for 30 days on a thread it will be deleted

Hope that helps

BH

Actually one of the things I find difficult about this forum is the threads about the passing of all our friends. It is just scattered about. One of the other forums that I frequent is on the Regiment that I served on in the military. They give the passing of our friends the dignity of their own section of the forum for obituaries. A seperate section here would be recommended.

I wonder how much traffic some of the sub forums like "Events" etc get? Seems like a lot of that stuff gets put up on the Wire regardless of the availability of the special purpose forums - perhaps because few folks frequent them?

Not exactly, it means that if there is no activity (posts) for 30 days on a thread it will be deleted

Hope that helps

BH

Hi BH,

I'm not sure that is a good thing. Many times I've searched for a rule discussion on the TG Wire and found it when it hadn't had activity for over 30 days. Is there any way to restore something like that ?

Regards,

AM

Hi BH,

I'm not sure that is a good thing. Many times I've searched for a rule discussion on the TG Wire and found it when it hadn't had activity for over 30 days. Is there any way to restore something like that ?

Regards,

AM

Let Hipshot know

BH

Hope that helps

BH

And here I thought every post I created would live on forever..........what will SASS members of the future do without the historial records of my sarcasim B)

Wyatt

Guest Matthew Ducan #23189

Why do they always have to change things?I don't like it how about you.

Cowpokes don't like the "Back to the future" car.

Cowpokes don't like the ads.

Cowpokes don't like the slow page load times.

Cowpokes don't like having to take the kernels off the cob.

Cowpokes don't like targets to big/small close/far.

Cowpokes don't like mouse/warthog loads.

Cowpokes don't like Yankees.

What do Cowpokes like? Obama? :blink:

Is there any way to restore something like that ?

Allie, with the 30 day poof to save server storage space - the only way is to create a Library of importantant posts as a Stickey.

The only person who likes change is a wet baby!

Archived