SASS Wire Forum

Found them - SBH Hammers

Grouchy Spike

I have a pair of SS Hammers. I want 90 dollars shipped. Yes Ruger has had them and may be a little cheaper. But I have one extra set I'm willing to sell for 90.

Let me know. They have never, ever, been installed.

Deacon Stone

I'll take'em, Deacon.

Send particulars to me via PM or to spikes AT ktc DOT com.

Looking for two more now to equip another pair of NVs.!

Calling Ruger is a joke. I get a recording telling me to call back later. I've had a pair on "backorder" for 6 mos. Congrats on getting them so quickly! BTW they're only $29.49 a piece at Midway, if you're willing to wait.

Calling Ruger is a joke. I get a recording telling me to call back later. I've had a pair on "backorder" for 6 mos. Congrats on getting them so quickly! BTW they're only $29.49 a piece at Midway, if you're willing to wait.

I haven't had a problem with Ruger. I've bought 3 pairs of hammers from them. They wouldn't let me backorder, had to call back when they were in stock.

Barry Sloe

BTW they're only $29.49 a piece at Midway, if you're willing to wait.

Forget about waiting for Midway. I've had a two-pair backorder with Midway for 13 months (Jan 2012). Per their website today, the current expected delivery dates are 8/7/13 Stainless and 4/26/13 Blue. BTW, two weeks ago the expected delivery dates were 2/18/13 and 2/01/13! They're good about extending delivery dates at the last minute. I've kept my backorder open just to see how long it's really going to take.

I called Ruger three months ago (before the firearms frenzy) and had two-pair in my hands within 10 days for $34.10/ea ($68.20/pr) Stainless and $33.00/ea ($66.00/pr) Blue + $5.00 S&H, NEW, directly from the manufacturer. I have heard that some were only able to purchase one pair at a time but Ruger sold me two pair without a problem.

Guest Tintype2

MORE about Ruger, I love to read postings about Ruger! It seems that customer service depends on several factors, humidity, time of day, phase of the moon and the person that you actually talk to! I have had an experience myself with them. I wanted two SS SBH hammers and I had them on back order from Midway for 7 months. I called Ruger and they were out of stock but said I could back order them which I did. I received then in about 10 days. It seems like a phone call to Ruger is "like a box of chocolates" you never know what you are going to get! Try calling them, you've got nothing to lose and you may have yet ANOTHER great story to share with us about Ruger customer service! Good luck.

Well....I ordered a pair of SBH this morning direct from Ruger. I called the 800 number on www.shopruger.com (888-220-1173) and received a message that I was 17th in line and please hold. So.....I was on eternal hold for about 10 minutes and when I finally got to talk with someone they said that they did not have them in stock at www.shopruger.com and that I would have to talk to the factory. The nice lady transferred my call to the factory where I received another message saying that I had reached the Services department and that I was 7th in line. So I held for about another 5 minutes and finally got a live operator. I told him that I wanted a pair of stainless steel SBH and he said they had them in stock...took my order and said I'd receive them in 7-10 days. He also said that there were no longer any blued versions at this time. I don't know if they are going to stop making blued ones but he said that "there are no longer any blued ones, only stainless."

So....it pays to hold on and THANK GOD AND GREYHOUND I was not talking to someone in India or Taiwan...an person whose accent I could actually understand. Yea Ruger.

Kajun

Well....I ordered a pair of SBH this morning direct from Ruger. I called the 800 number on www.shopruger.com (888-220-1173) and received a message that I was 17th in line and please hold. So.....I was on eternal hold for about 10 minutes and when I finally got to talk with someone they said that they did not have them in stock at www.shopruger.com and that I would have to talk to the factory. The nice lady transferred my call to the factory where I received another message saying that I had reached the Services department and that I was 7th in line. So I held for about another 5 minutes and finally got a live operator. I told him that I wanted a pair of stainless steel SBH and he said they had them in stock...took my order and said I'd receive them in 7-10 days. He also said that there were no longer any blued versions at this time. I don't know if they are going to stop making blued ones but he said that "there are no longer any blued ones, only stainless."

So....it pays to hold on and THANK GOD AND GREYHOUND I was not talking to someone in India or Taiwan...an person whose accent I could actually understand. Yea Ruger.

Kajun

Wow! They must just like you better :D I've called for weeks and I never even get the option to wait. I just get an option to pick which plant I want to talk to and then a message that says "due to high call volume you'll have to call back later" and then it hangs up on me :( Maybe I'm calling a different number. I've had a pair on back order from Midway for 13mos. I'll try the number you provided. Thanks.

Wow! They must just like you better biggrin.gif I've called for weeks and I never even get the option to wait. I just get an option to pick which plant I want to talk to and then a message that says "due to high call volume you'll have to call back later" and then it hangs up on me sad.gif Maybe I'm calling a different number. I've had a pair on back order from Midway for 13mos. I'll try the number you provided. Thanks.

To top it off I even received an email this afternoon with a tracking number for my order...now THAT's service.

The number I called is on the "Contact Us" tab on their website www.shopruger.com. I just called that number and "hung on." It was worth it. Maybe I just caught them early on a Monday morning (I called them at 8:10am their time (MST) and no one had put their phone operators in a bad mood yet. At any rate I had a good outcome.

Kajun.

To top it off I even received an email this afternoon with a tracking number for my order...now THAT's service.

The number I called is on the "Contact Us" tab on their website www.shopruger.com. I just called that number and "hung on." It was worth it. Maybe I just caught them early on a Monday morning (I called them at 8:10am their time (MST) and no one had put their phone operators in a bad mood yet. At any rate I had a good outcome.

Kajun.

C'mon Pard. Now you're just pouring salt on an open wound. :)

I bought a set form a pard on this site....but I've had four on order at Midway for over a year and I've not heard anything back from them..........I check to see if they are still lisdted in my account and they are. But that's not unusuall with Midway. EVERYTHING I try to order in on backorder...........They even have stuff on their CLEARANCE page that is backordered. If you are trying to clear it out, why would you list it as back ordered????

Archived