SASS Wire Forum

Team SASS: NJ Proposes 5-round limit on magazines

Ben Bitten

New Jersey wants to limit law-abiding gun owners to 5 round magazines! A 1911 doesn't even have a 5 round mag! If you live in NJ please contact our legislators and let them know that this is unacceptable! And even if you don't live in NJ the added voices won't hurt. Please call and fax. We need to act quick on this because I believe this goes to the floor this coming week.

ASSEMBLY MAJORITY OFFICE

Phone: 609-847-3500

Fax: 609-292-2386

SENATE MAJORITY OFFICE

Phone: 609-847-3700

Fax: 609-633-7254

Proposed bill:

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2012/Bills/S2500/2497_I1.HTM

Basically attempting to outlaw semi-auto pistols without banning them.

Get hold of a pro-civil rights legislator and have him amend it so that LEOs are not exempt. He can cite the ongoing manhunt in CA for doing that.

At the Maryland hearings, one of the folks made mention of that fact during his testimony about the proposed 10 round limit. He said that he was entitled to provide the same level of protection to his family that the Legislators where being provided bt the State Police. There were a few uncomfortable looks from members of the panel.

Dogmeat Dad

At the Maryland hearings, one of the folks made mention of that fact during his testimony about the proposed 10 round limit. He said that he was entitled to provide the same level of protection to his family that the Legislators where being provided bt the State Police. There were a few uncomfortable looks from members of the panel.

Dogmeat Dad

Good job to whoever did that. We need to beat these elitist capons up about their exceptions and making us second or third class citizens. At least they had the grace to look uncomfortable.

I wish we could have seen the faces of this group while Mr. Stevens spoke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX4wKOQypxo

Stateby state, these people are trying to whittle down our rights. Keep avry close eye on your state legislators. They feel empowered by the emotional outcry and are the immediate threat.

Ben, let's not forget all of these.......

A3645- Requires ammunition sales and transfers be conducted as face‑to‑face transactions.

A3646- Establishes a regulatory system to govern the sale and transfer of ammunition.

A3653- Criminalizes purchasing or owning weapon if person has previous conviction of unlawful possession of weapon.

A3659- Revises definition of destructive device to include certain weapons of 50 caliber or greater.

A3664- Reduces lawful maximum capacity of certain ammunition magazines in New Jersey.

A3666- Prohibits mail order, Internet, telephone, and any other anonymous method of ammunition sale or transfer in New Jersey.

A3667- Requires mental health screening by licensed professional to purchase a firearm..

A3668- Prohibits investment by State of pension and annuity funds in companies manufacturing, importing, and selling assault firearms for civilian use.

A3676- Requires psychological evaluation and in‑home inspection as prerequisite to purchase firearm.

A3687- Disqualifies person named on federal Terrorist Watchlist from obtaining firearms identification card or permit to purchase handgun.

A3688- Requires mental health evaluation and list of household members with mental illness to purchase firearm.

A3689- Requires security guards who carry weapons to wear certain uniform, including identification card.

A3690- Declares violence a public health crisis, recommends expansion of mental health programs, recommends federal adoption of gun control measures, and establishes “Study Commission on Violence.”

A3704- Requires handgun ammunition to be encoded with serial number.

A3707- Establishes a ballistics identifier program for certain firearms.

A3717- Requires submission of certain mental health records to National Instant Criminal Background Check System.

A3727- Imposes additional five percent tax on sale of firearms and ammunition to fund safety infrastructure improvements in public buildings.

A3748 – Requires background check for private gun sales.

A3750 – Establishes regulatory and reporting program for all ammunition sales.

A3752 – Requires firearms to be unloaded and securely locked or stored within home.

A3753 – Increases references required for application for handgun permit and firearms identification card from two to five.

A3754 – Requires firearms seizure when mental health professional determines patient poses threat of harm to self or others.

A3772 – Requires that firearms purchaser identification cards display picture; mandates that firearms purchaser identification cards be renewed every five years.

A3773 – Increases firearms purchaser identification card and permit to purchase a handgun fee.

ACR176 – Memorializes Congress and the President of the United States to enact legislation enforcing stricter firearms control measures.

AR143 – Expresses support for Attorney General’s gun buyback program.

AR133- Expresses support for creation of task force on gun control led by Vice President Biden.

S2430- Declares violence a public health crisis, recommends expansion of mental health programs, recommends federal adoption of gun control measures, and establishes “Study Commission on Violence.”

S2456- Criminalizes purchase or possession of firearms ammunition by persons convicted of certain crimes.

S2464- Regulates sale and transfer of rifle and shotgun ammunition.

S2465- Prohibits mail order, Internet, telephone, and any other anonymous method of ammunition sale or transfer in New Jersey.

S2467- Prohibits State administered pension fund investment in manufacturers of firearms prohibited in New Jersey.

S2471- Prohibits investment by State of pension and annuity funds in companies manufacturing, importing, and selling assault firearms for civilian use.

S2474- Establishes a regulatory system to govern the sale and transfer of ammunition.

S2475- Reduces maximum capacity of ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.

S2476- Requires ammunition sales and transfers be conducted as face‑to‑face transactions.

S2485- Disqualifies person named on federal Terrorist Watchlist from obtaining firearms identification card or permit to purchase handgun.

S2497- Reduces lawful maximum capacity of certain ammunition magazines in New Jersey.

S2523 – Establishes a regulatory program for rifle and shotgun ammunition sales.

S2525 – Establishes regulatory and reporting program for all ammunition sales.

SCR136- Urges President and Congress of United States to enact assault weapons ban including prohibition against large capacity ammunition feeding devices.

SR96 -Urges President and Congress to reauthorize assault weapons ban.

SR92 -Urges Congress to strengthen gun control

And there is gonna be another rally in Trenton on Feb 13 with buses available from various points throughout the State

http://www.nj2as.com/EVENTS?eventId=632929&EventViewMode=EventDetails

Thanks, Cemetery. I hadn't forgotten about those. Do all of these go up for vote this week, or just the 5 round mag bill?

...I've been calling about these so frequently that the folks that answer the phones at both the Senate Majority Office and the Assembly Majority Office recognize my voice.

Thanks, Cemetery. I hadn't forgotten about those. Do all of these go up for vote this week, or just the 5 round mag bill?

...I've been calling about these so frequently that the folks that answer the phones at both the Senate Majority Office and the Assembly Majority Office recognize my voice.

ALL of them....... :angry:

Folks, I write this from PRNY, where we just got dispossessed of many of our guns in an opening day salvo in the dark of night.

I'm butt-hurt over my custom 10-22 TARGET RIFLE which has been declared an assault rifle owing to a heavy, wood, thumbhole stock. I built that tack driver and now NYS says I can't have it? WHY? it isn't even a handy squirrel gun. It is a nose' heavy, steel, bull barrelled bench gun. But the ignorant whores in the capitol see liberal votes. LIKE IN NEW JERSEY. we hav a Gov. who wants to live in DC...... NYS has alreaady probably destroyed Remington Arms. How many more JOBS will they drive away? How many good workers? I pity the HR man who has to recruit in NY or NJ. Who would want to live there? FLORIDA is looking better all the time, or maybe Arizona......

I got this alert for tomorrow... NJ and PA pards... attend if you can:

NRA and the Association of New Jersey Rifle and Pistol Clubs (ANJRPC) are alerting members that TOMORROW (2/13/2013), there will be a legislative committee hearing in Trenton in approximately 20 gun control measures (see PDF attachment). From the NRA alert:

They need any warm body that would be available to pack the hearing room. If you have some time tomorrow, please plan to attend. Gun owner turnout has been making a huge different in the states our Second Amendment rights have been under attack. See links:

The NRA-ILA and our state association, the Association of New Jersey Rifle and Pistol Clubs (ANJRPC), are calling for "all hands on deck." Attend the committee hearing at 10:00 a.m. this Wednesday in the State House Annex, Committee Room 11, 4th Floor, Trenton. Click here for information on buses and to register.

After nearly 8 hours and 300+ people speaking in opposition every single of the bills posted above were released. Every word of oposition fell on deaf ears. Every legislator that voted in favor of these bills clearly had their mind made up before the hearing, and nothing that was said made any difference. Now we move on to the Senate. The fact that these all passed Assembly is troublesome - that measn they are that much closer to being a law, and stand a greater chance of becoming one.

Ok here is one for ya....

Could magazine be defined in such a way to include revolver cylinders?

Magazines can be fixed or detachable, tubular or rotary and so forth.

We are primed to be beaten by bureaucrats with their semantics and technicalities if we allow them.

After nearly 8 hours and 300+ people speaking in opposition every single of the bills posted above were released. Every word of oposition fell on deaf ears. Every legislator that voted in favor of these bills clearly had their mind made up before the hearing, and nothing that was said made any difference. Now we move on to the Senate. The fact that these all passed Assembly is troublesome - that measn they are that much closer to being a law, and stand a greater chance of becoming one.

It didn't pass the Assembley yet, the Assembly vote will happen later this month.......

Yes, it was a kangaroo court if I ever saw one.

Ok here is one for ya....

Could magazine be defined in such a way to include revolver cylinders?

Magazines can be fixed or detachable, tubular or rotary and so forth.

We are primed to be beaten by bureaucrats with their semantics and technicalities if we allow them.

I've wondered that myself, but the magazine issue is realted strictly to semiautomatic firearms at this time. Revolvers (DA and SA) and lever guns are off the table. ...at this time. However, I have to wonder if magazine fed bolt rifles are included in the magazine restrictions. I believe they are since they use a detachable box magazine. Fixed tubular magazines are only issue at this time when they are on a semiautomatic rifle. ANd at this time the magazine limitiation is still being presented as 10 rounds. ...becasue our current limit of 15 was so dangerous.

It didn't pass the Assembley yet, the Assembly vote will happen later this month.......

Yes, it was a kangaroo court if I ever saw one.

Thanks for that, Cemetery. But truth be told after yesterday I have little hope that any of these bills will be stopped at the Assembly level. They are all very proud of themselves and want to see their "hard work" pushed through.

FYI - If the Legislator is not in your District. ie Richard Cody about 5 round magazines - DO NOT USE THE LEGISLATIVE EMAIL FORM to contact them. Why? Because the Legislator is not within your zip code - the email will not go through

Browse them up for their other source to send emails

Does the Governor have to sign theses bills?? Would it behoove you NJ pards to contact Gov. Christie?? I know he's not really an "A" rated poly but maybe contacting him can help.

Rye :)

Does the Governor have to sign theses bills?? Would it behoove you NJ pards to contact Gov. Christie?? I know he's not really an "A" rated poly but maybe contacting him can help.

Rye :)

Check the news releases these days, Christie is hanging out with any top level Democrat he can find. (With Michelle the latest). He is a prime Repubicrat!! There won't be any 2nd amend help from him. He wants to be the next POTUS.

Al

Archived