SASS Wire Forum

SASS Convention 2013

Misty Moonshine

Howdy,

Just got home from the convention. From Springfield to Tulsa was clear on the 4 lanes. From Branson to Springfield was 2 hours. I think DryGulch Deryl broke the Oh! Crap! handle on the drivers side of my Ford F-150 once. DryGulch Deryl and I had a great time. It was really looked like a Christmas scene. What a beautiful Hotel. The most decorated I have seen for X-mas in a long time. All the employees were the best. It was night and day from that Riveria Hotel. It will be in San Antonio next year. The vendors were packed in the hall. Lots of purchasing going on. Deryl ordered a pair of those soft high top boots. I finished up with the TG's at noon. The classes or seminars that Deryl went to was really good. This was my 7th Sass Convention I think. All in all We had a great time.

Rev

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like the Right Reverend above, we just got home from the Convention. The SASS Convention was great:

• hotel was beautifully decorated for the Christmas season
  • hotel staff was amazing - very helpful, knowledgeable, and dedicated to providing real service
  • the seminars were great according to Ms. Mary Matilda and everyone else I spoke with
  • hotel food was great
  • and the hotel layout with everything close by changed the whole character of the Convention
  • Ms. Tabitha was great as always as was all of her projects
  • Convention seemed to me to be very well attended - can't compare to specific numbers... just seemed to be a few more folks
  • vendors were always busy the times I was there and we all seemed to be spending $$$$
  • way big improvement over the Riveria & Las Vegas
  • Misty Moonshine and her crew did good!
  • Thanks Wild Bunch.

...here we come San Antonio!

Hi folks!

I'm on the it was spectacular band wagon. It was so fun to meet so many fun people,including Col Blodgett.

My flight got canceled and I'm stuck at LaQuinta in Springfield with a bad keyboard until tomorrow. Hubby crashed my car (smashed the driver door) sliding in the snow down the driveway into a post. He's okay.

More later. This keyboard is awful!!!!!!!

I loved the Chateau. Decorated for Christmas it was lovely. The staff was very accommodating. They drove me to my car parked at the bottom of the hill and then brushed the snow off and scraped my windows for me. The professionalism and dedication to service of the staff was refreshing after the treatment I received at the Riv in Vegas. I too met Col Blodgett (at the Victorian dance lessons) and met pards from Missouri, Wisconsin and New York I'd never seen before. The vendor area was full of vendors including Midwest-based vendors that I had not seen before. Sorry about your car, Allie. Sorry I missed you. My flights were delayed but we got home at a reasonable hour last night anyway. According to locals Southwest is dropping its flights to Branson in June of 2014 so I too will fly through Springfield. (We used the Branson airport this trip.)

I justed wanted to say thanks to all the cowboys and cowgirls that stopped my booth , I had a great time meeting so many of you which was also a highlight of the trip.

It was great that SASS moved convention to Branson this year, which made attending as vendor this year alot more easy for some of us on the east side of the old muddy , and I am happy that it will be in Texas next year which I will also attend as a vendor,

Thanks to all of you that stopped by the booth this year and justed hung out or bought something or placed a order for a custom hat, I offer each of you again a Big Thank you.

See all of you next year in Texas at the convention, and I promise to have a much bigger booth to make it easy for you to walk in and and look at hats and try on.

Buckaroo Hatters

Have to chime in and agree with those above who have expressed their pleasure with this years Convention and the venue. Yes, the winter storm did put a damper on the ability to get into town. But other than the ill timing of the snow and ice, I thought it was a wonderful time. Fannie enjoyed it even more than I did! Met lots of new folks, put a few more faces to Wire pards. Saw lots of old friends. Beautifully decorated hotel. Enjoyed hanging out with the "gang" in the man cave. Lookin forward to next year in San Antonio! :)

I have to agree with everyone else. Great time, Chateau was beautiful, staff went out of their way to help. Hopefully we can spend a little more time in Branson next time, I saw a few restaurants I want to try out. Yes I will go back if SASS goes back.

It was great to spend time with old friends and make new ones. I too spent a little time in the man cave, maybe a little too much time in the cave. I look forward to the next convention; as T-Bine would say, LETS GO TO TEXAS.

See everyone next year.

First time at the convention & I enjoyed it. The weather messed with which day I'd planned on going. Definitely should have planned for staying over two nights and had two full days to attend instead part of two days (Saturday afternoon & Sunday morning). Only was able to attend one seminar but it was good with Fredrick Jackson Turner. Could have attended more seminars Saturday afternoon but then I wouldn't have had time for the vendors or to watch some of the indoor cowboy action match with the wax bullets. Or to try the fast draw with the San Juan Shootists, it was fun.

Unfortunely several of the vendor either left after the exhibition hall closed Saturday night or very early Sunday morning. I can understand some would have needed to leave early due to the weather but it the exhibition hall was supposed to be open until noon on Sunday.

As someone mentioned in another thread, the gun companies had booths with samples to handle - EMF, Ruger, Taylors & Cimmarron. That was nice, Several clothing vendors, some leather makers, target maker (Custom Metal Products), Kona Cowboy Coffee, knife makers. Thanks to White Wolf Trading Co. for the hat suggestions - so I wound up buying a new hat & frock coat. SASS Mercantile. Major Photography. Not slighting anyone that I didn't mention.

Doubt that I'll make it to San Antonio next year but glad to hear that it'll come back to Branson in 2016.

Slow Gun

Waouh!! San Antonio in 2014, my child dream! hope if it's for real we'll have a trip to the Alamo!

It'll worth to do the trip even if I break my bank!

Miss Mo, I wish you are not kidding.

Sorry if I wasn't in Branson, but monney was short and I went to the hospital on December 5 for a small surgery!!

All my best dear :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Curly

Thanks, Allie Mo. Sorry there wasn't more time to visit! Next year I'm staying on-site!!! I've already got my reservation!

Archived