SASS Wire Forum

Soldiers Wise Cracks and Non-coms Reactions

Subdeacon Joe

A high school ROTC instructor taught us the basics of bayonet fighting and told us that "If I ever hear of one of you young gentlemen ever using a bayonet in actual combat while you still have so much as a single round of ammunition left I will personally haunt you forever. Trust me that you don't want me to do that."

Not about bayonets, but I had a First Sergeant who when posed with a "stupid question" would always respond "there are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions."

IIRC I read a newspaper article many years go, about a Turkish outfit in Korea. They were pinned down by the North Koreans and so they fixed bayonets and stormed up the hill. Routed the Koreans and took the hill. One of the

reporters said that they were a fearsome lot with knives. I could believe that. I also believe that the last US bayonet

charge was in Korea. Could be wrong on that, but I believe that is what I have heard.

Those guys in the trenches of WW I had some brass gonads.

IIRC I read a newspaper article many years go, about a Turkish outfit in Korea. They were pinned down by the North Koreans and so they fixed bayonets and stormed up the hill. Routed the Koreans and took the hill. One of the

reporters said that they were a fearsome lot with knives. I could believe that. I also believe that the last US bayonet

charge was in Korea. Could be wrong on that, but I believe that is what I have heard.

Those guys in the trenches of WW I had some brass gonads.

Apparently the Brits know what Bayonets Are About

Archived