SASS Wire Forum

Colonel Dan is Commander of Team SASS

Misty Moonshine

We are in a Second Amendment fight that has significant consequences. Shooting tragedies around the country are horrible, no one is happy about them, and because of a few unstable individuals, we’re all in jeopardy of losing our ability to play Cowboy Action games … and, indeed, to even possess firearms at all.

SASS believes it is imperative every gun owner, sportsman, shooting organization, firearms retailer/distributor, and gun manufacturer be actively involved in preserving our Second Amendment rights. Colonel Dan’s Cowboy Chronicle political column over the years has demonstrated his insight into the significance of the Constitution and its Amendments, and he has the energy necessary to craft and sustain an appropriate plan to protect those Amendments, including the Second Amendment. SASS has turned to Colonel Dan to be our leader and spokesman in this fight for firearms freedom.

His Mission Statement: In close coordination with the Wild Bunch, lead the SASS effort in our fight to maintain and retain our Second Amendment rights. Establish SASS as an extremely valued, effective, active, supportive, and sought-after ally of the pro-gun fraternity and use our collective influence and impassion our general membership to immediately pressure politicians and then promote a more effective combined and coordinated effort in the fight to retain those Second Amendment rights.

In his words, “I know this is not going to be an easy victory or quickly completed task, but I wholeheartedly believe it is one we must engage, or we risk losing too much to contemplate.

Obviously, we won’t have agreement by everyone or every group on everything, but I’ll do my best to encourage all with whom I come in contact to keep their eye focused on the ultimate goal of retaining our right to keep and bear arms.

The basis of my constant messages to the SASS membership will be for them to keep firmly in mind the Second Amendment is one of the primary guarantors of ALL unalienable rights. As the Second Amendment goes, so go those rights. Therefore, you cannot separate the guarantor of the right from the right itself without incurring the real risk of losing both.”

If you have not done so already, it is important you turn to the back pages of The Cowboy Chronicle and read Colonel Dan’s recent essays dealing with today’s national politics.

The Cowboy Chronicle and the SASS website will continue to publish pertinent pro-gun information and calls for SASS membership involvement.

When an initiative is announced, PLEASE follow through … SASS has many voices, and they’re all important when the politicians are counting heads at rallies, letters in their mail box, and e-mails on the Internet.

SASS is a proud member of the national effort to preserve our Second Amendment rights!

~Tex, SASS #4

Excellent! About time! :)/>

But let's work on the "Field Marshal" title eh? He's much nicer than Montgomery or Rommel! ;)

Excellent choice. Go Col. , er, Field Marshall Dan

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Colonel,

Date and Time of the Million Cowboy March on Washington.

Thanks, Conejo

Umm... How many members does SASS have?

Can we wear our guns??? Unloaded of course!

??? Rye

Not unless you're prepared to use 'em because in Washington they're going to try to take 'em away.

Date and Time of the Million Cowboy March on Washington.

Thanks, Conejo

I called for a Million Man March a month ago. Nobody said a word. Better late than never. I suggest a day in April. We're going to need to reach out to other groups and organizations because I don't think there are a million cowboys left ( or if there ever were).

Field Marshal, the original Middle age meaning was "Keeper of the Kings Horses". Later the title was given in recognition of someone outstanding, and having done a brave deed.

Without horses, and maintaining of the horses in top condition, could mean the loss of a battle and defeat. Horses were the mainstay of Victory, or defeat if not properly handled or taken care of. Many countries used the title "Field Marshal", and the meaning was one given to one brave, and courageous. I like to think of the title bestowed on the Colonel as one of, "Keeper of our Freedom".

Col. Dans writing, is dear to those that love freedom, and understand what the price has been, and will be to keep it.

To those that are uninformed on what a society without Rights to Bear Arms, need look no further then History, and see were Dictators, and corrupt government have no fear of uprising, because the people have no means to defense, and their voices are censored. And see were those that have taken and banned firearms, put its citizens at the mercy of those that wish to do harm. Crime has risen in every country, were the people are denied firearms, or self protection.

For the past decade, our Rights have been challenged, and some are on the brink. To lose just one, will unbalance the rest.

I'm not as articulate as many, but just say what I feel.

Thanks SASS, and Col. Dan. MT

IMHO Colonel Dan deserves a promotion to General for his undertaking of this epic battle. Field Marshal to me sounds kind of Czarist in a way, if you get my drift. Being a General would put him up there with Eisenhauer, Patton, Schwarzkopf et al. Thank you Col.Dan and SASS, fight on!!

Excellent! About time! :)/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

But let's work on the "Field Marshal" title eh? He's much nicer than Montgomery or Rommel! ;)/>/>/>/>/>/>

I have to agree with Bob, The Field Marshal title is a little too strong worded, that we should try to avoid. Maybe it should be "Wild Bunch Liason" or any other title that is non-threatening.

Consulate General

I have to agree with Bob, The Field Marshal title is a little too strong worded, that we should try to avoid. Maybe it should be "Wild Bunch Liason" or any other title that is non-threatening.

Consulate General

Is this war or what???????It's the time for strong words..or we could sound like the liberal anti-gun people...We need to stop worrying about who we might offend......What is more predatory than a liberal stealing our rights......Tuco.

• 3 years later...

You have no way to get our message to the moronic boob tube junkies. They sit all day watching the Clinton News Networks and since the pen is mightier than the sword - we will not prevail. If we make it to the elections, I will apologize to everyone I have ever talked with or tried to convince that we are in serious trouble from Islam/Muslim regime (not a religion) to corruption in our white house. I'm glad I'm old, but I pray for my children. I don't have much tolerance for our teachers, politicians, or boob tubers who believe this is a give-away-world and that's not fair. Just my 2 cents. Bolo Bob

Yes! Col. Dan!

Archived