SASS Wire Forum

Prayer Posse, Saddle Up Please for a good Pard,

Pards, and Pardettes,

A great cowboy, a generous man, loving husband, cherished grandfather, and one of my very bestest friends, Filthy Lucre is battling throat cancer and luckily seems to be winning. He is going in for a pretty extensive surgery Thursday and I'm hoping I can get all of you to say a prayer, to the being of your choice, in an effort to make the outcome a more positive one.

I just talked to him, he sounds very good and upbeat, and I’m hoping to get over to see him tonight. I will update as time allows.

Thanks to all of you in advance. Filthy is truly “One of a Kind”.

Prayers up

and I agree with everything that you said about Filthy

Coffee

Hope all goes well Philthy.

He is definitely one of a kind...and one of the best! Sending good thoughts and prayers for a full and speedy recovery. Hang in there Filthy...we need him back on the range shooting soon!!!

Prayers up for F.L. for a complete healing.

Prayers up for Filthy. May he have a speedy and complete recovery.

It has been hard for us to watch him slow down as this has progressed, and I know he has been upbeat through the whole ordeal. The news has always been good so far, hoping for some more. A special guy to me, and many others over the years.

I have a friend who went through this over 15 years ago - still going strong. May Filthy follow his lead!

Prayers Up from Ridgecrest!

Harvey

Friends,

Filthy had a little bit of a rough day today, and from what I understand the day aint over yet. I’m hoping I can ask all y’all to send a little more assistance to Filthy in the way of prayer, good thoughts, or whatever seems to work for you.

Thanks all.

LORD GOD, we beg of you to act as the Great Physician and to touch FL with your healing touch, give his Drs wisdom, and guide their hands thru his surgery, send the Comforter to give him peace and give that peace to his family and friends as well. Lord, we just plead with you to take care of this,,,and most of all Lord that your will be done. We come before you in the name of Jesus Christ the Savior, amen and amen

He's the Englishman of our Mad Dogs and Englishmen thing we have going here. :)/>

Me, Mad Dog Draper, Filthy Lucre, and Mad Dog McCoy.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm241/MadDogJack_SASS/MadDogsampEnglishman_zpsb16a9e88.jpg

He's the Englishman of our Mad Dogs and Englishmen thing we have going here. :)/>/>

Me, Mad Dog Draper, Filthy Lucre, and Mad Dog McCoy.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm241/MadDogJack_SASS/MadDogsampEnglishman_zpsb16a9e88.jpg

You guys are one hooligan shy of a full hand. Hope all of you are doing well.

No news as of today, I will attempt to keep you updated as I get the news.

You guys are one hooligan shy of a full hand. Hope all of you are doing well.

No news as of today, I will attempt to keep you updated as I get the news.

Marshal, do you know what stage the cancer is, I, II, III, or IV? Even stage III has a 50-60% survival rate now.

Marshal, do you know what stage the cancer is, I, II, III, or IV? Even stage III has a 50-60% survival rate now.

Whatever it is it responded well to chemo, virtually disappeared. They were doing the surgery to replace the trachea or esophagus, can't remember which, with a plastic one. He was having problems swallowing.

Whatever it is it responded well to chemo, virtually disappeared. They were doing the surgery to replace the trachea or esophagus, can't remember which, with a plastic one. He was having problems swallowing.

Hi MD Jack,

That sounds hopeful. I hope to shoot with both of you at the Western Regional.

:wub:

Allie Mo

Sorry I don't know. Mad Dog is right though, the last time they looked, they had a hard time finding the cancer/tumor. I think he said the surgery is to remove any trace of it, and to remove scar tissue that is giving him problems.

It's survivable, but scary for everyone who cares about him. He is the best friend anybody could have. Still waiting on an update, I'll keep you all posted if I hear anything.

Sorry I don't know. Mad Dog is right though, the last time they looked, they had a hard time finding the cancer/tumor. I think he said the surgery is to remove any trace of it, and to remove scar tissue that is giving him problems.

It's survivable, but scary for everyone who cares about him. He is the best friend anybody could have. Still waiting on an update, I'll keep you all posted if I hear anything.

Yes it is scary!

I know and adore him as he's a fun, generous man!

Sincerely,

Allie Mo

Hi everybody,

I just talked to Filthy, he sounds great. It was REALLY good to hear him. He is in good spirits, says he feels ok, has a slight fever (so keep those good thoughts directed towards him) says the pain is manageable.

I'm going to see him real soon. I'll update when I get back.

Thank you Lord for looking after him. Please continue to take care of him.

Archived